This road trip will tell it all !!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

This road trip will tell it all !!!!!

10 game west coast trip will tell what moves that BEN will have to make........... Should be interesting !!!   A great homestand 8-1 !!!   What say you ?????

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: This road trip will tell it all !!!!!

No it won't. The Sox already know they need bullpen help. The road trip will tell nothing about whether or not they'll need to get somebody for 3B. That will be determined by what Middlebrooks does in Pawtucket. The Sox are unlikey to get a starter unless somebody gets hurt in the next month, so unless that injury happens in the next 10 games, those 10 games will have no bearing on a decision. And if everybody keeps pitching like they have and Buchholz comes back strong, I don't see them going out and getting a starter.

So all the next 10 games really mean is a chance to go on the road and keep trying to pad the lead. If it turns out to be a 2-8 trip, that still won't mean anything. How they respond to a bad road trip will mean more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Hoping for a 6-4 trip out west but 5-5 would be ok as well. These are always tough trips for the Sox. The four games in Seattle are concerning, for some reason Seattle has been a house of horrors for them recently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I predict that the Sox are going to do quite well on this trip.  I can see a 7-3 trip with a small gain in the standings as a result.

They are playing well in all aspects of the game.  My one concern on this trip is that Drew does not get reinstated at shortstop even if Snider falters a little at third.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Hoping for a 6-4 trip out west but 5-5 would be ok as well. These are always tough trips for the Sox. The four games in Seattle are concerning, for some reason Seattle has been a house of horrors for them recently.

West coast trips are always tough (especially the late nights).  I agree, 5-5 would be okay, and I would consider 6-4 a successful trip.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The last 2 months told us a lot about this team. going through multiple injuries and a brutal schedule proved that this team can overcome some big obsticles and indeed have some very good depth.

The next 10 days will tell us nothing that we dont already know. Unless an injury occurs, the need remains the same...Bullpen help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

I think 5-5 would have to be viewed as successful-more than just OK. They have historically done poorly on these trips and they are playing some tough teams. After the ASB its no picnic either: we play the Yankees, O's, and Rays in the next three series. Should be a fun ride.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

10 game west coast trip will tell what moves that BEN will have to make........... Should be interesting !!!   A great homestand 8-1 !!!   What say you ?????

I agree this road trip will be huuuuge.  It's a good thing the Orioles lost yesterday giving us a little more room.  Tampa should have also lost in the ninth which would have been even better.  Orioles/Yanks and Tampa/WS should be good series and at the very least we need to go 500 on this trip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

For what it's worth, in 2007 the Red Sox went 4-9 on the road against the Angels, Athletics and Mariners enroute to a World Series title.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

I predict that the Sox are going to do quite well on this trip.  I can see a 7-3 trip with a small gain in the standings as a result.

They are playing well in all aspects of the game.  My one concern on this trip is that Drew does not get reinstated at shortstop even if Snider falters a little at third.

It would be great to see the Red Sox go 7 -3 on this trip. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

A tough west coast road trip wont say anything about this team.

It will give the Chicken Littles here a chance for some good hand wringing though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Call me hopelessly optimistic but predict 7-3 or even 8-2.    Everything just seems to be bouncing our way lately. Drew hurt, Iggy keeps on hitting .409. Middlebrooks off to AAA, Snyder shows timely bat and decent glove.

Uehara looking fine, Lackey & Dempster delivering, even Lester and Webster showing positive signs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Id be happy with 5-5, provided they dont win the first five and lose the last, etc. 6-4/7-3 is possible, but Im not holding my breath. But for Petes sake, just avoid a disaster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Angels have underachieved so far , but they are playing much better lately. They have an awful lot of talent.  It would be great to get this trip off to a good start , but it is going to be tough.  Overall , if we could go 5-5 , it would be acceptable.

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm glad they are playing teams that are not on the east coast.  It will be interesting to see how they do outside their division.  I would like to see 5-5 split or better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GooseRocksBeach's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Id be happy with 5-5, provided they dont win the first five and lose the last, etc. 6-4/7-3 is possible, but Im not holding my breath. But for Petes sake, just avoid a disaster.

Poor Joe Breidy:

He is well researched, uses facts to back up his responses, is logical, reasonable, tolerant, and responsive to all arguments. He acts like a Red Sox fan and yet is objective and controls his temper. Sometimes he acts annoyed with those who in his opinion are doing the negative act 24 / 7 and trolling but he controls his  emotions and responds with tolerance, logic, reason, and patience. 

Yet Joe Breidy gets NO RESPECT on this forum.  Why is that?  You owe it to Joe Breidy because he is one of the rare knowledgeable ,  well-read, researched, and fair posters on this forum. The forum needs another dozen posters like Joe. Give Joe some respect for a change instead of siding with those who hate him, the Red Sox, and life.

Why did J-Bay delete the thread about Joe Breidy? Does J-Bay hate Joe Breidy also? Why does Teresa Hanafin put J-Bay in charge of banning posters who are truthful?

[/QUOTE]

Pike do you know you used my post to spill this rant? I am not joebreidy, and I dont care about your insane consiparcy theories. You are touched, men in white coats are coming, and I dont care.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

The last 2 months told us a lot about this team. going through multiple injuries and a brutal schedule proved that this team can overcome some big obsticles and indeed have some very good depth.

The next 10 days will tell us nothing that we dont already know. Unless an injury occurs, the need remains the same...Bullpen help.

My view as well.We were 8-1 because we were 2-0 in one-run games and 2-0 in 2-run games.  In BB, it requires very little to turn that 8-1 into 5-4.  We could just average, and go either 3-7 ot 7-3 with only a few bad hops or a few lucky hits.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

1-2 so far ......... MILLERS D L stint will be tough ..........  ACEVES back...... More moves coming !!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

1-3 with an ugly loss last night.........    the team is bruised up......  Look for Bradley & a pitcher our two from 3-A coming today !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

1-3 with an ugly loss last night.........    the team is bruised up......  Look for Bradley & a pitcher our two from 3-A coming today !!

Agree.  Hopefully, the Red Sox can still win at least 5 games on this road trip.  This won't happen if they have another game like last night. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

A tough west coast road trip wont say anything about this team.

It will give the Chicken Littles here a chance for some good hand wringing though.

I'm reposting this ^^^^^^  just because I think it's spot-on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

I had predicted 2-8 road trip before it began. Looks like this may be a possibility. They seem to go into the tank toward the All Star break.