This should be the last thread on Drew

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This should be the last thread on Drew

They are lauding Drew's defensive skills and run prevention on MLB. Also noting that in these type of close games, run prevention is imperative. And guess who's in his corner, and showing why he's so great at his position --our very own Mike Lowell. I'd say Mike knows a little about defense in big games, and seems to know someone great at their position when he sees it.

Loved all the clips, too. They showed him falling down and just jumping up and getting the runner. They showed his quick work with Pedey in their double-plays like a well-oiled machine. They showed his range in his position and up the middle. They didn't even include his over the shoulder basket catch - nor did they need to.

I'm completely comfortable having him at SS for the Sox in the World Series. He knows what he's doing.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: This should be the last thread on Drew

Has he reached 500 AB yet.  He gets $500k if he does. Maybe that's why Farrell keeps letting him hit....I mean swing. He is very good on defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where were all the great glove-no hit SS supporters during the great big Iggy debate the last couple of years?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where were all the great glove-no hit SS supporters during the great big Iggy debate the last couple of years?

[/QUOTE]

I've always been about defense. I even made a post about his brother, JD, when he was getting beaten up about his offense, and talked about how important run prevention is in a game. A very well-known, respected poster here commended me for it.

And I'm not an Iggy fan AT ALL. I think Iggy is all about Iggy, and making dramatic plays where there really doesn't need to be any drama. He probably has a publicist in his ear. Talent doesn't need all the fanfare. They just get the job done.

And FTR, the play Iggy messed up was probably due to the fact he never wants to just make the play seem effortless. He was probably caught up trying to figure out how to include a jump in the throw.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

When you see a team that obviously isn't that great and can't play well, it's ALWAYS because of errors on the field. That's more telling than anything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are lauding Drew's defensive skills and run prevention on MLB. Also noting that in these type of close games, run prevention is imperative. And guess who's in his corner, and showing why he's so great at his position --our very own Mike Lowell. I'd say Mike knows a little about defense in big games, and seems to know someone great at their position when he sees it.

Loved all the clips, too. They showed him falling down and just jumping up and getting the runner. They showed his quick work with Pedey in their double-plays like a well-oiled machine. They showed his range in his position and up the middle. They didn't even include his over the shoulder basket catch - nor did they need to.

I'm completely comfortable having him at SS for the Sox in the World Series. He knows what he's doing.

[/QUOTE]

Drew is stinking the field up offensively. He is playing good defense but thats not why we kept HIM instead of Iggy. I expect him to HIT THE BASEBALL, and he is not doing it. That said, the problem is the Bogaerts can only replace EITHER Middlebum or Drew, and Middlebum is even worse right now. So Drew gets to play, unfortunately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was an Iggy supporter.  But it isn't really about defense v offense.  It is about the best all-around player.

Again, If I thought MB could deliver good offense, I might be more inclined to make the switch, like we did with XB.  But absent that, I think Drew has to be the choice.

And among the 2-games starters, Drew has the 3rd best average.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Drew is stinking the field up offensively. He is playing good defense but thats not why we kept HIM instead of Iggy. I expect him to HIT THE BASEBALL, and he is not doing it. That said, the problem is the Bogaerts can only replace EITHER Middlebum or Drew, and Middlebum is even worse right now. So Drew gets to play, unfortunately.

And, FWIW, it should be noted that XB is hitting worse in the WS than Drew.  XBo is 0-6 with 4 Ks.  We might want to keep that in mind if it continues.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And, FWIW, it should be noted that XB is hitting worse in the WS than Drew.  XBo is 0-6 with 4 Ks.  We might want to keep that in mind if it continues.

[/QUOTE]

He hasd a .444 OBP in 18 PAs this post season. Both are small sample sizes, but this isn't even about Drew vs Bogey. It's not really about Drew vs Middy, though it is more about this than that. To me, it's not about benching Drew. It is about Drew needing a day off to regroup.

He's 4 for 42 with just 1 BB and his outs are not hard outs. He has 15Ks in 43 PAs. Yes, 43 PAs is a small sample size, and he could snap out of it at any moment, but I feel he needs a one game break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your only looking at one side . Drew at bat with runners in scoring position? Thats the other side . 2 FOR 42..... Hopefully things change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've always been about defense. I even made a post about his brother, JD, when he was getting beaten up about his offense, and talked about how important run prevention is in a game. A very well-known, respected poster here commended me for it.

And I'm not an Iggy fan AT ALL. I think Iggy is all about Iggy, and making dramatic plays where there really doesn't need to be any drama. He probably has a publicist in his ear. Talent doesn't need all the fanfare. They just get the job done.

And FTR, the play Iggy messed up was probably due to the fact he never wants to just make the play seem effortless. He was probably caught up trying to figure out how to include a jump in the throw.

[/QUOTE]

Iggy is a better fielder than Drew. Nobody questions that, but apparently you.

Your assumptions about Iggy's thought proccess are comical.

Drew has played very good SS defense all year and in the playoffs, but just because his flub-ups have not cost us a game, does not take-away from the fact that he has not been even near perfect in the field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rather have Iggys bat right about now.  He can even run and bunt. ANYTHING !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I got this from another site and I'm posting it not only in response to ^^^  but also to so many negative posts I've seen here this season. 

The Man in the Arena
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

He hasd a .444 OBP in 18 PAs this post season. Both are small sample sizes, but this isn't even about Drew vs Bogey. It's not really about Drew vs Middy, though it is more about this than that. To me, it's not about benching Drew. It is about Drew needing a day off to regroup.

1-I wouldn't bench XBO either.  It was more a reminder that replacing players isn't always as productive as it sounds.  There are probably posters in here that are really happy that XB is starting, without knowing his stats.

2-I agree on the head-clearing thing.  I'd have preferred to see it at Boston.  SSS and all, but Wacha has been lights-out against lefties this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's 4 for 42 with just 1 BB and his outs are not hard outs. He has 15Ks in 43 PAs. Yes, 43 PAs is a small sample size, and he could snap out of it at any moment, but I feel he needs a one game break.

[/QUOTE]

Drew's outs are not all hard outs, but he has had some.  Like that line drive in Tampa Loney turned into a DP...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I got this from another site and I'm posting it not only in response to ^^^  but also to so many negative posts I've seen here this season. 

The Man in the Arena
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Do you really think Buch will read this.?????

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Man in the Arena

[/QUOTE]

great post S5. Pretty much says it all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are truly clueless. Everyone in baseball see's how good Iglesias is on defense. I guess that pop up catch he made against Detroit was all showmanship. Get a clue, you pink hat.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Iggy is a better fielder than Drew. Nobody questions that, but apparently you.

Your assumptions about Iggy's thought proccess are comical.

Drew has played very good SS defense all year and in the playoffs, but just because his flub-ups have not cost us a game, does not take-away from the fact that he has not been even near perfect in the field.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Iggy is a better fielder than Drew. Maybe it appears that way sometimes, but he's a mistake waiting to happen. His teammates in Detroit also don't appreciate his drama on the field. That makes for a divided clubhouse, which can affect the whole team.

My assumptions about Iggy's thought process was sarcasm. Obviously.

For posters to keep up the whole Iggy debate is disrespectful to the guys actually on this team on the field playing everyday for the Sox. IMO anyone still pining for a guy who isn't here anymore should just give him a call and see if he's free next weekend.