This team quit on Francona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This team quit on Francona

This team has just given up. They have no heart no passion right now. The playoffs might spark them but they look like they just don't want to play. Ellsbury who everyone doubted last year is the only one trying right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: This team quit on Francona

Ellsbury mailed it in on a ball he ran by and landed at bottom of padded wall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to This team quit on Francona:
    [QUOTE]This team has just given up. They have no heart no passion right now. The playoffs might spark them but they look like they just don't want to play. Ellsbury who everyone doubted last year is the only one trying right now.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]NOTNOT SURE THAT THEY QUIT..... BUT THEY ARE OVERRATED & UNDER PRODUCTIVE, QUESTION BEING..... WHO'S RESPONSIBLE ??????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to This team quit on Francona:
    [QUOTE]This team has just given up. They have no heart no passion right now. The playoffs might spark them but they look like they just don't want to play. Ellsbury who everyone doubted last year is the only one trying right now.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

FRANCONA quit on them..... Or should I say allowed 5-6 games become losses that he could have managed to a win earlier in the year.

Now they are scuffling and they are as done as done can be.  They had one of their aces on the mound... the 3B couldn't figure out to go to third with a ball hit in the hole and men on 1st and 2nd?   Carl Crawford couldn't make a sliding catch on a ball that stayed in the air forever..... ALL I hear is the guys on fox making excuses for this team not playing fundamentally sound.....  FUNDAMENTALS ARE THE MANAGER's FAULT!
    Look back at inning #2.....  Aviles goes to third and they take one out at 3B on the ground ball - then there are two outs..... DUH.... 
    NO Quality pitcher wants to give a team 5 outs in an inning.... and the sox did that inning.....  Lester figured if he had to throw for the Bad News Bears he may as well join the Bear COuntry Jamboree.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona:
    [QUOTE]In Response to This team quit on Francona : FRANCONA quit on them..... Or should I say allowed 5-6 games become losses that he could have managed to a win earlier in the year. Now they are scuffling and they are as done as done can be.  They had one of their aces on the mound... the 3B couldn't figure out to go to third with a ball hit in the hole and men on 1st and 2nd?   Carl Crawford couldn't make a sliding catch on a ball that stayed in the air forever..... ALL I hear is the guys on fox making excuses for this team not playing fundamentally sound.....  FUNDAMENTALS ARE THE MANAGER's FAULT! Look back at inning #2.....  Aviles goes to third and they take one out at 3B on the ground ball - then there are two outs..... DUH....  NO Quality pitcher wants to give a team 5 outs in an inning.... and the sox did that inning.....  Lester figured if he had to throw for the Bad News Bears he may as well join the Bear COuntry Jamboree.....
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

I agree Chuck but the shiny new lineup also must do better than 1 run, its a team  effort that is lacking now, no doubt.. and that includes Tito and Theo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Lots of people fired in October and November. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury mailed it in on a ball he ran by and landed at bottom of padded wall.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Cam shoulda replaced him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Yea, platoon Cam with Crawburst and Bellsbury, instead of Mac. Couldnt be worse than this sorry defensive outfit and Crawbust black hole.

Magic fingers Varitek has been that stopper off the bench.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I don't know who quit on who, but it sure looks like they've quit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

No one quit on anyone.  They just aren't very good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]Yea, platoon Cam with Crawburst and Bellsbury, instead of Mac. Couldnt be worse than this sorry defensive outfit and Crawbust black hole. Magic fingers Varitek has been that stopper off the bench.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

dmac dropped an easy fly ball himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IT JUST LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE WAITING TO GET THE SEASON
    OVERWITH. GONZALEZ AND ORTIZ REFUSE TO RUN BALLS
    OUT. YOUKILIS SITS AROUND GLAZE-EYED IN THE DUGOUT;
    LACKEY JUST STARES OUT AT THE FIELD, PEERING AROUND
    FOR SUPPORT FROM ANYBODY CLOSE BY; AT THIS POINT,
    HENRY BETTER GET "HANDS ON " WHY HAVE WE NOT HEARD
    FROM HIM ?? IF IGNORING THE TEAM IS HIS REACTION, THE
    CLUB IS REALLY IN DANGER. THE FANS BETTER NOT BUY
    SEASON SEATS IN 2012 BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NOTHING
    TO LOOK FORWARD TO. WE HAVE NO FARM SYSTEM, AND NO
    YOUNG TALENT AT THIS POINT. THE YANKS BRING UP
    GUYS LIKE NOVA , MONTERO, ROBERTSON, LOGAN, AND
    THE SOX JUST HAVE NO ANSWER AT ALL. MILLER, DOUBRONT,
    WHEELER, ALBERS , JENKS, MC DONALD, SCUTARO, REDDICK.
    A TOTAL BUNCH OF STIFFS. LOWRIE AND SALTALAMACCHIA
    CAN BE ADDED TO THIS BUNCH WITH TEK AND WAKE....ALL
    EITHER TOO OLD, OR WAY, WAY OVERRATED. THE FARM
    SYSTEM IS EMPTY OF TALENT AND THE FUTURE IS DIM !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to This team quit on Francona : FRANCONA quit on them..... Or should I say allowed 5-6 games become losses that he could have managed to a win earlier in the year. Now they are scuffling and they are as done as done can be.  They had one of their aces on the mound... the 3B couldn't figure out to go to third with a ball hit in the hole and men on 1st and 2nd?   Carl Crawford couldn't make a sliding catch on a ball that stayed in the air forever..... ALL I hear is the guys on fox making excuses for this team not playing fundamentally sound.....  FUNDAMENTALS ARE THE MANAGER's FAULT! Look back at inning #2.....  Aviles goes to third and they take one out at 3B on the ground ball - then there are two outs..... DUH....  NO Quality pitcher wants to give a team 5 outs in an inning.... and the sox did that inning.....  Lester figured if he had to throw for the Bad News Bears he may as well join the Bear COuntry Jamboree.....
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

FUNDAMENTALS ARE A MANAGER'S FAULT??    I would think that by the time anyone gets to the major leagues unless they came straight to the majors from little league they would have a real good understanding of fundamentals. I can think of a lot we can blame on Francona but I really think understanding the fundamentals of the game are the responsiblity of any player to learn along the way to the bigs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]No one quit on anyone.  They just aren't very good.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    This team has a ton of talent. They were the best team in the AL on September 1st. They gave up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I know they have talent.  And they have played like dog-carp for the last month.

And I think it is one of the most disgusting chokes in the history of Boston.

But quitting implies wanting to give up and/or lose; and I don't think that is what we are seeing.

We are seeing horrible performance fueled by choking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

Third base shoulda been covered.  I played second base througout little league, and if it is one thing an infielder gets taught from day one, is that you cover your base.

CC has to make that catch.  Yeah, it was a tough one, but he still has to make that catch.

There was the game right there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

Francona may have quit, I was in Boston for the rays series last week. Sure enough I see Francona in my hotel bar slugging beers. In the midst of an epic collapse and wild card race, thats what he decides to do. Kind of pissed me off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I see Francona in my hotel bar slugging beers

Unlikely story, but if true, Tito needs to go to 100 proof, the beer isn't working.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : This team has a ton of talent. They were the best team in the AL on September 1st. They gave up.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

ton of talent? on offense yes. however, everyone knew that the pitching was suspect. going into the season, people were asking who would step up to be the ace. lester? buch? almost, but not quite. definitely not lackey. or dice-k.

at the time, many thought beckett was not going to be the ace - still would be a good contributor, but not an ace - good for perhaps 13-14 wins. he turned out to be a pleasant surprise...looks like he's going to finish with a nice era.

theo simply overvalued the pitchers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

The team is hurt, specifically at starting pitching.  No one has quit on Francona except some fans.  Anyone that writes stuff like that should stay away when we make the WildCard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It is not a matter of talent but where the talent is playing. Everytime the SS commits another mental error he F%$ks  with his own pitchers mind he feels he can't get out of an inning because his SS can't make the play so then he decides to pitch to the flyball out and low and behold there are the other achiles heels Crappy Carl and The twin minor leaguers in RF see no evil, hit no evil, catch no evil, and no offence to Jarrod and Tek but peeyew! I've never seen so many passed balls in one month...The list is long but fortunately the offseason is also! Fire the manager cause God knows if it's decision time he ain't making one!!!! I hear Bobby V is looking for a gig....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

They look shell-shocked and lost, and like they now expect to lose - as if it is out of their hands.  This stuff must compound.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

I think the team was not ready from spring training. They came out slow and are finishing slow. More injuries this year ?? Poorly prepared, not all of them, but for the most part, All those games they gave up in the begining would be a nice cushion now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They play for Boston now, its all whine and cheese. No need to worry about how you prepare because 1 of the other 12 all*starts will surely pick up the slack.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Yes, these are major leaguers.  Yes, they're supposed to have the fundamentals and they're supposed to execute them well.  As are the NFL players.  With one major difference.  When an NFL player messes up with bonehead play(s), his coach will be all over him and there will be a disciplinary action, such as sitting out the rest of the game or sitting out a few plays the next game, etc.  The coach takes action.  I have not seen Francona do anything resembling showing disleasure or taking corrective action!