Throughly Disgusted.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Throughly Disgusted.

I am throughly disgusted with the way the off season has gone.

Is it me (and excuse I haven't been on for awhile) or has the ownership group huddled in a corner office and just hoping that all of this blows over?  Seriously.  I expected Francona to go, just because a collaspe like the Red Sox had, someone had to be accountable (especially when they lose the club house).

From the moment John Henry was getting injured on his yacht to this mornings press release, I feel like i slept with a girl on saint catherines st., in montreal. It feels dirty and it feels wrong.

The inside sources calling out Francona's maritial issues and his taking pain killers are as bad as the leaks of the Icelandic lady who turned in Whitey to the FBI.  I don't care about Francona's personal life, but for someone who is dealing with chronic pain, I can see where pain killers are used once in awhile.  And who hasn't had maritial issues!  I just love the spin masters at work.

The organization, the boston media base and some of its fans have truly no clue on how to be classy.  Our cherished idols of yester year always gets run out of town and dragged through the mud.

Look, if Theo wants to go to Chicago (and truly, would could blame him for wanting to better himself) and have a new challenge, so be it.  Its not the end of the world.  I am more concerned about an ownership group that had panic last off season off a terrible injury ridden season and had the ratings of NESN falling to a very low level, that they signed Crawford to more money than he is worth. 

The issue in the fiasco of an off season is the ownership group.  It makes me to almost BEG for Hank Steinbrenner.  The evil empire is no longer in New York City.  Its on Yawkey way!!  We the fans took the hook, line and sinker because the Red Sox finally won a world series in 2004 and then again in 2007.

I thought Theo was responsible for all of the bad signings of free agents, and for all of the complaining about Theo and his possible leaving, and having John Henry come out and say "hey...we voted as a group:, well so be it, YOU as a group of owners John Henry stink.  Lucchino and Henry are the ones responsible for this crap of a mess. Not Theo.

Its going to take a good 3-4 years for this mess to be resolved.  The Red Sox are lucky that Bud Selig is looking to expand the wild card teams, because being in the same division as the yankees and rays, they are nothing better than a 3rd place team.  While sucker fans like you and I, continue to go out and buy the tickets and concessions.

So Mr. Henry, the nation is revolting. How are you going to fix this mess that you and lucchino got yourself into?

and own up to your failures.  don't go spinning it off on francona or theo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Throughly Disgusted.

Abstain due to brain cramp over the thousands of Discussions around Who is to blame?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I'll volunteer to do the job of spanking Heidi. It's a tough assignment, but someone has to do it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Get a life.  No one is guaranteed post season play.  Sometimes you get in and sometimes you don't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

thats the most stupid post ever!! . The owners arn't responsible for this mess except for the fact that they let over rated Theo and Francona get away with doing it!!!!

Theo is not  the greatest thing out there!!!!! If you don't believe it??? just look at some of his Bulls... signings... Just look at all the money the RS owe to players on this team who can't or won't hold up their end off the deal!! 

You can look at all the money the RS are paying to players they got rid of after Theo signed them to FA contracts and they fell on their as...,

So shut your F.... mouth if you don't know what the hell your talking about!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

In Response to Re: Throughly Disgusted.:
    [QUOTE]thats the most stupid post ever!! . The owners arn't responsible for this mess except for the fact that they let over rated Theo and Francona get away with doing it!!!! Theo is not  the greatest thing out there!!!!! If you don't believe it??? just look at some of his Bulls... signings... Just look at all the money the RS owe to players on this team who can't or won't hold up their end off the deal!!  You can look at all the money the RS are paying to players they got rid of after Theo signed them to FA contracts and they fell on their as..., So shut your F.... mouth if you don't know what the hell your talking about!!
    Posted by sinjin5000[/QUOTE]

shut yours.

responsibility starts at the top.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Heidi is too hot to blame... for anything...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wow 7 votes for heidi....lol....i blame the players for not acting like professionals on and off the field

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Where is Milli Vanilli when you need them?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Heidi, I think we should spank her.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]DONT U ALREADY SPANK TO HER?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Heidi is too hot to blame... for anything...
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]SHE NEEEDS TO EAT MORE HOT DOGS (MINUS the buns on camera!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throughly Disgusted. : shut yours. responsibility starts at the top.
    Posted by mudbugger[/QUOTE]couldnt agree more! can u imagine belichick and krafts pulling this stuff? tough to believe these guys can be loyal.. makes everyone else focus on themselves. this team is unlieable. put branding and buzz over actual wins and baseball ops!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Throughly Disgusted.:
    [QUOTE]I am throughly disgusted with the way the off season has gone. Is it me (and excuse I haven't been on for awhile) or has the ownership group huddled in a corner office and just hoping that all of this blows over?  Seriously.  I expected Francona to go, just because a collaspe like the Red Sox had, someone had to be accountable (especially when they lose the club house). From the moment John Henry was getting injured on his yacht to this mornings press release, I feel like i slept with a girl on saint catherines st., in montreal. It feels dirty and it feels wrong. The inside sources calling out Francona's maritial issues and his taking pain killers are as bad as the leaks of the Icelandic lady who turned in Whitey to the FBI.  I don't care about Francona's personal life, but for someone who is dealing with chronic pain, I can see where pain killers are used once in awhile.  And who hasn't had maritial issues!  I just love the spin masters at work. The organization, the boston media base and some of its fans have truly no clue on how to be classy.  Our cherished idols of yester year always gets run out of town and dragged through the mud. Look, if Theo wants to go to Chicago (and truly, would could blame him for wanting to better himself) and have a new challenge, so be it.  Its not the end of the world.  I am more concerned about an ownership group that had panic last off season off a terrible injury ridden season and had the ratings of NESN falling to a very low level, that they signed Crawford to more money than he is worth.  The issue in the fiasco of an off season is the ownership group.  It makes me to almost BEG for Hank Steinbrenner.  The evil empire is no longer in New York City.  Its on Yawkey way!!  We the fans took the hook, line and sinker because the Red Sox finally won a world series in 2004 and then again in 2007. I thought Theo was responsible for all of the bad signings of free agents, and for all of the complaining about Theo and his possible leaving, and having John Henry come out and say "hey...we voted as a group:, well so be it, YOU as a group of owners John Henry stink.  Lucchino and Henry are the ones responsible for this crap of a mess. Not Theo. Its going to take a good 3-4 years for this mess to be resolved.  The Red Sox are lucky that Bud Selig is looking to expand the wild card teams, because being in the same division as the yankees and rays, they are nothing better than a 3rd place team.  While sucker fans like you and I, continue to go out and buy the tickets and concessions. So Mr. Henry, the nation is revolting. How are you going to fix this mess that you and lucchino got yourself into? and own up to your failures.  don't go spinning it off on francona or theo.
    Posted by mudbugger[/QUOTE]

WOW!

Where to start???

First....  Francona leaving, which was clearly pretty mutual, was entirely appropriate!  He lost control over the clubhouse, & for whatever reason he was "unable to reach the guys." in his own words.  Most fans will feel nothing but sympathy for his marital & pain problems. 

Theo.....  I think it's a good time to move on!  For both the pro & con Theo folks!

The clubhouse dysfunction?  The owners should have known!  Their "not knowing" better be a wake up call, if in fact that is the case!  If I own a business, & my employees are running amok???? That's ON ME!!! I'm sure they get that!

Is there a great deal of CYA deflection going on???  Of course!  It's naive to think it's not gonna happen.

Some player heads are gonna roll!  Some will deserve it, & others will get a pass.  It will mean NOTHING if there is not a new sheriff in town, capable of quickly demanding the respect of the players.  Not earning or cajoling it out of the players.  DEMANDING!  If the manager is smart, demanding, but fair????  The players will step up!

The owners?  Of course they fell asleep & lost control of this team!!!  The laissez faire formula that worked in 04 & 07 ran it's natural course, & eventually the inmates took over the asylum!  BUT.....  They are the only owners we have, & they will NO DOUBT make major changes!  These are not stupid guys!!!  They know just how bad it is.  Any business owner is going to try to run some damage control!  I don't particularly care WHY, but Tito completely LOST CONTROL OF HIS PLAYERS!  Most here in Boston will always love the guy for what he did in 04 & 07, but we all know his time had come.