Tim Hudson - 200th "W"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Re: Tim Hudson - 200th

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

A worthy pitcher indeed has achieved a rare milestone. I was jarred though at Morosi suggesting this should be the new "300" to get into the HOF. I immediately thought "well maybe 250 but 200?" Then once I read the article I saw that Justin Verlander said maybe "250".... great minds think alike. Morosi of course is just another sports writer grasping for straws to get our attention.

Morosi: Hudson wins 200th; is that stat now ticket to Hall?

Any comment on 200 being the new 300 or on Hudson?

Burrito,

for me 200 wins is too low an entry point to consider a pitcher hall of fame worthy, and I'm not even sure about 250.  I applaud Tim Hudson's career, but nothing about his career seems to me to merit entry into the Hall of Fame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Yukon-Cornelius' comment:

Burrito,

for me 200 wins is too low an entry point to consider a pitcher hall of fame worthy, and I'm not even sure about 250.  I applaud Tim Hudson's career, but nothing about his career seems to me to merit entry into the Hall of Fame.

I agree maybe 250

what am I talking about

wins don't matter anymore

hey moon / fellow stat geeks

how many wins would andy have

if he didn't have the worse SS all those yrs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Burrito,

I agree maybe 250

what am I talking about

wins don't matter anymore

hey moon how many wins would andy have

if he didn't have the worse SS all those yrs

Amazing how many flaws you can cover up with the best lineup money can buy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Amazing how little some in RSN have learned about money the last few yrs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Amazing how little some in RSN have learned about money the last few yrs

You're so easy...  ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

not as easy as your ____

yeah right

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

A worthy pitcher indeed has achieved a rare milestone. I was jarred though at Morosi suggesting this should be the new "300" to get into the HOF. I immediately thought "well maybe 250 but 200?" Then once I read the article I saw that Justin Verlander said maybe "250".... great minds think alike. Morosi of course is just another sports writer grasping for straws to get our attention.

Tim is a guy I have always respected and wanted on this club because of the success he has had in both leagues.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Burrito,

Hopefully, the HOF voters use more stats than just wins to determine HOF-worthiness.

He's got above average regular season numbers but so-so post season stats.

I doubt he gets in.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Congrats to Tim Hudson.

Hudson, Zito and Mulder should have won a ring with the A's back in the day.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Burrito,

What about Pedro..? First ballot IMO...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Like you burrito i agree that merely achieving 200 wins is not a hall of fame milestone. In conjunction with other stats though it could be. Becuase of five man rotations it would be difficult to see another pitcher with 300 wins, that being said, 200 wins in conjunction with other impressive stats could be a decent bench mark for Hall of Fame condsideration.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

200 wins puts Tim Wakefield and Chuck Finley in the HOF.

Obviously , they don't belong there either.

Dennis Martinez, David Wells and Frank Tanana all eclipsed 200 wins by far.....but it took them 23, 21 and 21 years to achieve this.

Charlie Hough took 25 years to win his 216 games....I wouldn't say that qualifies him that's an average of less than 9 wins per season!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

It was fun to see his wife and child's reaction when he hit the HR. She appeared to be sheeding some tears of happiness for him. Love should be like that. Isn't that what we all would hope our family would feel?  The guy hits a HR on his 200th win, in front of his wife and child and his family cares. Good for them. He looks like his world is in a good place. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

200 or 250 could get the discussion going, but shouldnt be the main factor for getting in the HOF. Today we have a number of other stats besides wins that should clearly tell us if a pitcher is HOF worthy.

Hudson? I dont think so.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.