Time for a Change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DLC373737. Show DLC373737's posts

Time for a Change

I do not believe managers are responsible for playing the game, but there is only one way this team turns it around this year. It is time to fire the manager. There is a raging air of defeat, it is the same stench that stunk up the Fens last September. They have now lost two games in a row to the hapless Twins. Left to scramble for a split in a series that was supposed to be a chance to gain a few games in the wild card. Valentine is not a great motivator of veterans, his success comes at leading upstart kids that don't know any better and believe his rhetoric. He never says the right thing and it is obvious that these players do not like playing for him. Has there been one player during this entire season that has said, "hey Bobby, we got your back". Instead they keep treading water. Regardless of all the injuries, this team should not be under .500. Granted the front office has somehow turned $170MM into a collection of non performers and they have done nothing to change the stench from last fall. We have seen teams with this kind of talent, turn things around with a managerial change, I suggest the Sox give it a try. Bobby V is not the long term answer anyway, if he finishes this season, he will in all likelihood get another year in 2013. John, Larry, Tom and Ben, please end this misery and this joke of a season by ridding yourselves and the fans of this joke of a manager. There is still time, but you must act now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Time for a Change

In Response to Time for a Change:
    [QUOTE]I do not believe managers are responsible for playing the game, but there is only one way this team turns it around this year. It is time to fire the manager. There is a raging air of defeat, it is the same stench that stunk up the Fens last September. They have now lost two games in a row to the hapless Twins. Left to scramble for a split in a series that was supposed to be a chance to gain a few games in the wild card. Valentine is not a great motivator of veterans, his success comes at leading upstart kids that don't know any better and believe his rhetoric. He never says the right thing and it is obvious that these players do not like playing for him. Has there been one player during this entire season that has said, "hey Bobby, we got your back". Instead they keep treading water. Regardless of all the injuries, this team should not be under .500. Granted the front office has somehow turned $170MM into a collection of non performers and they have done nothing to change the stench from last fall. We have seen teams with this kind of talent, turn things around with a managerial change, I suggest the Sox give it a try. Bobby V is not the long term answer anyway, if he finishes this season, he will in all likelihood get another year in 2013. John, Larry, Tom and Ben, please end this misery and this joke of a season by ridding yourselves and the fans of this joke of a manager. There is still time, but you must act now!
    Posted by DLC373737[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Was it or wasn't it what Beckett was essentially saying when he got ejcted in NY after the Middlebrooks HBP?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Time for a Change:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Time for a Change : Maybe. Was it or wasn't it what Beckett was essentially saying when he got ejcted in NY after the Middlebrooks HBP?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Or was that just Becket being Becket?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Doesn't matter imo. They're not making the playoffs, let Bobby have his glory for the remainder of the season then start fresh this off season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Changing the manager isn't going to mean a thing, as long as the players like Beckett and Lackey are still around.
    Valentine was hired to take the fall. Only minor changes, and not getting rid of the culprits from the September crash.
    Not letting him hire his own coaches, is very telling.
    I blame Lucchino, for this, and picking his puppet Ben Cherington, instead of someone who might have a mind of his own.
    Get rid of Beckett. Let Papi and his "me first' attitude go. Dice K and his 10 million will be gone. With Papi, there's 22 million, plus whatever they save dumping Beckett, and eating some but not all of his salary.
    Find a way to get Crawford out of town. The Sox could have signed Willingham, or Ryan Ludwick, both having productive seasons, but both only play LF, where Crawford lives.
    The culture in the clubhouse and in the front office needs to change, before any winning can take place in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If Valentine got fired, my guess is there would be an all-night clubhouse party. I think the players don't respect him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Do they respect themselves?
    They get paid money most of us only dream of.
    Yet they don't have enough professionalism to overcome a manager that they don't like.
    The Yankees hated Casey Stengel. He won five World Series in a row.
    His players never let their disdain for him, get in the way of going out and playing the game.
    Shame on this overpaid, underproducing bunch of self entitled babies!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Time for a Change:
    [QUOTE]Do they respect themselves? They get paid money most of us only dream of. Yet they don't have enough professionalism to overcome a manager that they don't like. The Yankees hated Casey Stengel. He won five World Series in a row. His players never let their disdain for him, get in the way of going out and playing the game. Shame on this overpaid, underproducing bunch of self entitled babies!
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Even if the players all hate Bobby and have zero respect for him, it is still on the players to perform. 

Any player that is not playing up to their potential because they don't like the manager, has a lot bigger problems than not liking the manager.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You can't fire all the players. You can fire the mistake made by LL. Simple as that. Do something before the season is offically out of reach. Hire Jerry Royster interim manager...players would love it, maybe respond to him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DLC373737. Show DLC373737's posts

In response to "Re: Time for a Change": [QUOTE]Do they respect themselves? They get paid money most of us only dream of. Yet they don't have enough professionalism to overcome a manager that they don't like. The Yankees hated Casey Stengel. He won five World Series in a row. His players never let their disdain for him, get in the way of going out and playing the game. Shame on this overpaid, underproducing bunch of self entitled babies! Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE] Righty, there is plenty of blame to go around, but V is like pouring gasoline on the fire, they need a cooler calmer man at the helm. Agree they have not done nearly enough to clean things up and ship out the bad wood. But you cant fire the whole team, nor can you fire the owners. Two choices, shake things up or give up the season and blow it up in the off season...either way, Bobby V is not the right answer for this town.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Fire all the players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

cowards and lefty, I agree about the players having to look themselves in the mirror, but this is about getting the team motivated and getting the team on the right track. BV is a .500 manager, never has the team been this low in the W-L, standings since before Tito, before Grady. Time to fire BV.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd take Royster right now...it would be great. First black Sox manager. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where's the "math whiz"? We scored early, but lost.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I've never seen a more solid situation for a manager to be fired justifiably than Bobby. I'd almost expect the team to roll off 5 in a row when he's gone. I do think the team will finish at .500 if BV stays on the rest of the season. I prematurely asked for his firing in May. Now I'm asking again in August. Little has changed in that time period. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This whole fiasco starts at the top and trickles down.  There is more than enough blame for every tier.  FO can't put together a winner that can stay healthy long enough to win and they sure can't evaluate talent.  The manager doesn't have a clue...not sure where he is but it ain't in that dugout (although I doubt any manager could have done better this year).  The players, those that have managed to stay healthy, have underachieved terribly, not played well as a team and generally looked more like a poor minor league club than a $170M team supposed to dominate the AL East and on to the WS.  This year has been a total waste for Sox fans, who are absolved of all blame in this wonderful season. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't see how leaving the manager alone helps the team. Clearly, the players will not put out their best efforts for him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DLC373737. Show DLC373737's posts

There is no down side to firing BV at this point. If they keep him, they dont make the playoffs, if they can him, maybe they shake things up enough to make a run. If not, they are no worse off. BV has proven he is not cut out for Boston. This is the same guy who booked a weekly spot on Mike Francesca in NY before he was told to get real and cancel. He is too arrogant and does not get the passion that is RSN.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DLC373737. Show DLC373737's posts

In response to "Re: Time for a Change": [QUOTE]I don't think it's a case of Bobby V not "being cut out for Boston"....it's more of a case of Bobby V. not willing to play along with the silliness that goes on around here with the front office, media and a lot of fans.  He's better of taking his guaranteed salary for next year heading on a nice long vacation and going back home to a saner environment and taking it easy. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] He creates a lot of his own silliness.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DLC373737. Show DLC373737's posts

In response to "Re: Time for a Change": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for a Change : that sounds so childish...embarassing to adult Sox fans....also, anyone over 12 using the term 'Red Sox Nation' is a little off, to be honest. Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] Relax its a conversation. What shall I call Sox fans to make you happy?