1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

time for a sweep.

this should be a good time to sweep seattle and see if the sox can put
    the yanks a few more games back.i think the yanks are one game back
    now.the sox have to win the division so the yanks will play texas in the
    first round of the playoffs. go sox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatgirl. Show Soxpatgirl's posts

Re: time for a sweep.

I agree soxyjim.  We have to beat the teams we are suppose to beat.  We have a tough stretch ahead of us and need to win these games.  With the Yanks and Rays playing each other this weekend, it presents us with the opportunity to gain ground on one of them.  I am not ready to rule out a run by the Rays.  They are playing the Yanks and RS too much over the next 6 weeks.  They had a couple of walk off wins in their last series and that seems to motivate them. 

My ideal scenario -- We sweep Seattle, the Rays sweep the Yanks and then we sweep the Rays.  Hey, it can happen!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: time for a sweep.:
    [QUOTE]I agree soxyjim.  We have to beat the teams we are suppose to beat.  We have a tough stretch ahead of us and need to win these games.  With the Yanks and Rays playing each other this weekend, it presents us with the opportunity to gain ground on one of them.  I am not ready to rule out a run by the Rays.  They are playing the Yanks and RS too much over the next 6 weeks.  They had a couple of walk off wins in their last series and that seems to motivate them.  My ideal scenario -- We sweep Seattle, the Rays sweep the Yanks and then we sweep the Rays.  Hey, it can happen!!!!
    Posted by Soxpatgirl[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Agweed. We ah vewy sweepy aftah this woad twip.

I am wooking fowahd to a good sweep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I agree soxyjim.  We have to beat the teams we are suppose to beat.  We have a tough stretch ahead of us and need to win these games.  With the Yanks and Rays playing each other this weekend, it presents us with the opportunity to gain ground on one of them.  I am not ready to rule out a run by the Rays.  They are playing the Yanks and RS too much over the next 6 weeks.  They had a couple of walk off wins in their last series and that seems to motivate them.  My ideal scenario -- We sweep Seattle, the Rays sweep the Yanks and then we sweep the Rays.  Hey, it can happen!!!!

Love that screen name...you need to start posting more!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

yeah right, and sarah palin can grow a brain, but what are the odds?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I never get my hopes up looking for a sweep on the road....even against the weak teams..I look to win the series and if you get the sweep, all the better. Never want to expect a sweep and then be disappointed with two of three.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Agweed. We ah vewy sweepy aftah this woad twip.

I am wooking fowahd to a good sweep.

LOL 67

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by Soxpatgirl[/QUOTE]SPG...apologies in advance...
    Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Agweed. We ah vewy sweepy aftah this woad twip. I am wooking fowahd to a good sweep. LOL 67
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I expect much whining if we end up Sweepless in Seattle.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]If the socks beat King Felix the socks could end up with the wildcard in the East division.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]If the socks beat King Felix the socks could end up with the wildcard in the East division.

the sox already beat King Felix at fenway. all kidding aside, you gotta be like 12 or 13 years old. really!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

lackey,beckett and wake. I like the odds of a sweep up there in the great pacific northwest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]EmbarassedEmbarassed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

I just hope they don't win the first two, then loose the third, and we get subjected to the "Sweepless in Seattle" headlines again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan228. Show bostonsportsfan228's posts

They beat him twice already.

now I don't want to make you do math, but it is perfectly possible to lose to king felix and still win the a.l. east.  Seeing how there is still 7 weeks to play and we are up by one game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: time for a sweep. : They beat him twice already. now I don't want to make you do math, but it is perfectly possible to lose to king felix and still win the a.l. east.  Seeing how there is still 7 weeks to play and we are up by one game.
    Posted by bostonsportsfan228[/QUOTE]BSF, ease up on the facts, you'll give him a headache...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Sweep is unrealistic. Two of three will be just fine, thank you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Sweep!.....by Seattle.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I never get my hopes up looking for a sweep on the road....even against the weak teams..I look to win the series and if you get the sweep, all the better. Never want to expect a sweep and then be disappointed with two of three.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just winning 2-3 on the road consistently is enormously tough, even against mediorce competition.  Beaven has a 2.83, Felix 3.31, Furbush 4.46.  We're not the only team that likes to win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Sweep is unrealistic. Two of three will be just fine, thank you.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]
    The Red Sox swept the Mariners in Seattle last September ... I witnessed the final game of the three-game series:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA201009150.shtml

The Mariners have a modest 7-6 record since their recent franchise-record 17-game losing streak.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Praying for 2 out of 3.  They're not rolling over.

I'm more concerned about the triple header against the Rays next week.