Time To Call Up Lavarnway

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Time To Call Up Lavarnway

Ortiz is injured and is going to miss some time, fortunately we have a 24 year old masher in the minors who just clubbed his 30th of the year. Add him to the 40-man (we have to this November anyways) and call him up for a trial period. He has succeeded at every level of the minors offensively and would be in the majors already if he were on another team. Plus, probably not a bad idea to let Varitek tutor him and pass on some knowledge as he continues to improve defensively.

The offense is struggling and he could certainly help this team right now!

For what it's worth, he was pulled in the 7th inning of his last game. Something tells me the Sox are thinking about it...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Re: Time To Call Up Lavarnway

Something tells me the Sox are thinking about it...

maybe it was the other 2 threads on the topic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Call Up Lavarnway:
    [QUOTE]Something tells me the Sox are thinking about it... maybe it was the other 2 threads on the topic
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

It wasn't, but thanks for that nice remark anyways. I didn't see one on the first few pages so I made one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Trust in "Nohittinatek"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I even had a friend that is a big "Iron Pigs" fan ( The Phillies AAA team ) who brought it up this morning. He's seen Lavarnway play 5-6 times and said that he has been killing them! He's probably already in Boston as we speak.

Lavarnway has been the rage of the minors in the past couple months. He is one of the most talked about prospects on lots of national websites. I'm looking forward to seeing him play although he has definitely cooled down a lot recently.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Does anyone know how this call-up effects his "years of ML service" and ultimately the years of team control?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure if he uses an option Moon, but hes just been called up and Youk to DL for sore back..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

It has no effect because his call up is too late to rank him in top 17% of those MLB earlier call-ups who end up with 2 years of service but less than 3 years of service at the end of 2013. If he were called up sooner, he might make the top 17%, but not this late.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It has no effect because his call up is too late to rank him in top 17% of those MLB earlier call-ups who end up with 2 years of service but less than 3 years of service at the end of 2013. If he were called up sooner, he might make the top 17%, but not this late.

Thanks. I was worried that we'd lose a year over him playing for just 2 weeks. I'm glad it won't effect it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

surely you didn't think Lavern would lose a  year over this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I wasn't sure. I am not afraid to ask.

I knew September call-ups did not lose a year, but did not recall the formula used for determining the year of service.

Sorry if I ruffled your intellect.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Time To Call Up Lavarnway:
    [QUOTE]Ortiz is injured and is going to miss some time, fortunately we have a 24 year old masher in the minors who just clubbed his 30th of the year. Add him to the 40-man (we have to this November anyways) and call him up for a trial period. He has succeeded at every level of the minors offensively and would be in the majors already if he were on another team. Plus, probably not a bad idea to let Varitek tutor him and pass on some knowledge as he continues to improve defensively. The offense is struggling and he could certainly help this team right now! For what it's worth, he was pulled in the 7th inning of his last game. Something tells me the Sox are thinking about it...
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]

My hunch is the great Lavarnway goes 0-11. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m