Time to tear Fenway down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: Time to tear Fenway down

Fenway is a four king dump, with seats designed for midgets facing the bullpens.

Unfortunately the ownership will not tear it down when they can invest a small fraction of the cost of a new stadium for BS 'improvements', and still sell out.

Fact is the ownership for the RS has a LOT more money than the Steinbrenners, they just don't want to spend it on the baseball team if they don't have to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

NO WAY! ITS HISTORY! Just kidding, although I don't necesarily agree with you. It's so historic and is one of the biggest landmarks in Boston. BUT, the seats were made for 1912 people, not 2012 people. Or in simpler terms, America is FAT. But the current owners have already said with the renovations they made, Fenway should last another 50 or so years before it needs to be replaced. Unless a new group of ownership comes in and wants to get rid of it, its not going anywhere for a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Replace a portion at a time.
    Start with CF/RF Bleachers.
    Build new bleachers with better sight lines and a small second deck (10 rows) and a roof box section.
    Work the way around and add a small second deck with roof boxes on top as well
    Rearrange all the seating for optimum viewing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Time to tear Fenway down:
    [QUOTE]I know it's old. I know it's history. I know the memories. But after visiting other new ball parks around the states, Fenway has to be the worst. Time to get a new stadium that will hold 70k plus. We'd almost fill it with every home game and our revenue will double. Need to get with times. Cant keep putting orniments and tinstle on and old tree. So uncomfortable.
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast[/QUOTE]
    70k baseball staduim? That would be twice the size and the largest stadium(what is wrong with a Park or a Field?) in baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : If your idea of "the experience" includes uncomfortable seating, urine smell, rat infested with mile long lines for the bathroom I'd rather stay home and watch it on TV. Not to mention the beige colored franks........
    Posted by The---Babe---[/QUOTE]

You're right. If only we had a 1.5 billion dollar luxury stadium financed for the most part by the taxpayers at a time of state-wide fiscal crisis, a stadium that looks like it was designed by Albert Speer swapping swastikas with interlocking NY's with concrete that is already cracking. And if only if we were to rid ourselves of a century of cherished memories and nostalgia and reduce our hallowed ballpark to an empty lot filled with rubble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : If your idea of "the experience" includes uncomfortable seating, urine smell, rat infested with mile long lines for the bathroom I'd rather stay home and watch it on TV. Not to mention the beige colored franks........
    How are all those empty seats behind home plate, Babe? You have the money for an internet connection, so why don't you treat all of us board members to a game at the new Yankee Stadium?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Why would every "objective" Yankee fan in the forum want to tear down Fenway Park. How many "objective" fans wish to tear down Wrigley Field. Is this just one more "talking smack" thread? It gets boring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I have been to many games at Fenway through the years.  I smell urine when I go into the bathroom.  I have never seen a rat at Fenway although I am sure they are there being it is an urban setting...same as in the BX.  This mile long long for the bathroom that you speak of...I have never experienced that either.  I do watch most games on tv from the comfort of my living room.  However, my weekend trips to Fenway have always been enjoyable despite the uncomfortable seats.  As far as the franks, they seem to be the same in all ballparks...beige or not.  If you want nutrition, don't eat a hot dog.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]How can you tear down fannyway pak, how are the socks going to get hits with no green monster?
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

Maybe if the Sox built a new park, they could duplicate the Yankees' 200 foot right field porch. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

that's like saying we should tear down a historic colonial and replace it with a mcmansion. the spirit of the house gets lost.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i meant soul

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Zill: You are an absolute howl!! Had to run to the can after that one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wonder if the Monster never existed if the 1970's players would have provided Boston with a couple of WSC.  I think maybe yes.

Of course I am grateful for my experiences there but when they do finally build a new stadium I do not want a replica. I always thought they could cut the wall down to half (mini Monster) and move it out as far as they cut... in a new park of course. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Not that I'm trying to pile on, but you forgot the obstructed views. IMO, everybody's right; it's a great attraction, but the seats are uncomfortable, and I did sit right behind a pole a couple of times, forcing me to lean every which way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : Not that I'm trying to pile on, but you forgot the obstructed views. IMO, everybody's right; it's a great attraction, but the seats are uncomfortable, and I did sit right behind a pole a couple of times, forcing me to lean every which way.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Those seats are reserved for Yankee fans. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]Why would every "objective" Yankee fan in the forum want to tear down Fenway Park. How many "objective" fans wish to tear down Wrigley Field. Is this just one more "talking smack" thread? It gets boring.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

As boring as watching the bullpen in a seat made for a midget.

Wrigley has seats that fit a normal human being. 

And they actually ALL face the field.  What a four king concept.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]Why would every "objective" Yankee fan in the forum want to tear down Fenway Park. How many "objective" fans wish to tear down Wrigley Field. Is this just one more "talking smack" thread? It gets boring.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Forgot to add that they actually serve beer in the stands at Wrigley.  Nothing to do with the park, though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Every time the current ownership makes a change in the stadium it's for the better. 

I have to wonder how long it's been since since Babe has been there (if ever).  Much of what he's talked about is ancient history.  The bathrooms have been upgraded and more have been added to remove the long lines. Yes, bathrooms sometimes smell like urine.  (My solution to that is - better aim :-) ) Rats are going to be an issue anyplace there's food scraps.  French fries and ends of hot dog rolls attract rats whether they're in Boston or NYC.  Boston has not cornered the market on rats in stadiums. 

I find that on the rare occasions when I attend Fenway I pretty much get what I paid for in terms of seating.  If I demand a completely unobstructed view that's close to the field I'll try to get box seats.  If I'm willing to take a chance on having a post blocking my view someplace I'll go with Infield Grandstand seats.  No matter where I'm sitting I feel like I knew what I was getting into when I bought the tickets and I'm getting what I paid for.  (My only exception to that is the time I bought tickets in the 1st row of Louge boxes. I thought they'd be great seats but instead I spent the whole game trying to peek out between the bodies of the people walking the aisle in front of me.  I'd reccommend staying away from THOSE!)

I've had the chance to be in several of the newer stadiums throughout the country and I'll take Fenway over any of them.  And I find watching indoor baseball at "The Trop" to be.... disturbing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : Those seats are reserved for Yankee fans. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

LOL Sheriff

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Keep the outside facade.  Tear everything else down and rebuild it.

They can even keep the field as it is.  Just rip down the seating area, clubhouse, concession area and rebuild it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Not happening anytime soon. Seats down the right field line are terrible. You have to turn your head to the left all game to see whats happening at home. Unfortunately, fixing that issue means less seats which means less money for JH which means its not going to happen. Fenway isn't the worst stadium in the league (Tropicana anyone?), but certainly not the best.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : How are all those empty seats behind home plate, Babe? You have the money for an internet connection, so why don't you treat all of us board members to a game at the new Yankee Stadium?

Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

I certainly will. Let's plan on the Friday Sept 23 game vs the sawx. We will meet at Stan's at 5:30 as the game starts at 7:05. I will reimburse you for your airfare and will have tickets for behind home plate. Make sure you wear your pink sawx hat so I can pick you out of the crowd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

John Henry is a bottom line guy.    It's only a matter of time before seating will be available on top of the Prudential Building.     High powered telescopes will be made available to fans for $35.00 per game to get the "experience".
    Bleacher seat ticket rates will apply.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to tear Fenway down : Those seats are reserved for Yankee fans. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]

OK, that was funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Keep the outside facade.  Tear everything else down and rebuild it. They can even keep the field as it is.  Just rip down the seating area, clubhouse, concession area and rebuild it.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

While you're at it, you might want to rebuild the concrete foundation; Wrigley was almost deemed uninhabitable a few yrs ago by the City of Chicago due to structural cracks in their foundation, which was then fixed.