Tito has given up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

Tito has given up

My post earlier stated that Miller, Lackey, and Wakefield will need as much run support as they can get. So, with Miller on the mound, he takes out Crawford and Gonzo.
     Terry F. has demonstrated he doesn't care about winning, and so that opens the door to getting further beaten up by the Rays, and possibly not making the playoffs. Backing in is one thing; not getting in at all would be a new low.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Tito has given up

go wild card!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Tito has given up:
    [QUOTE]go wild card!  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    I feel a playoff road trip to Texas coming on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

What are Crawford's stats against Romero?

How about Gonzo's?

Do you feel that would've been pertinent?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

no, joe, they are right about this timing. Sit Pedroia who has been a later show of late, not a laser. Dusty is back to his slumping ways. Bad timing for him. Instead it's sit 142 mil and sit the MVP....unbelievably bad timing. It's been a bad series for Tito and his decision-making. His non-use of Papelbon may be one of the biggest crimes of the season last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]no, joe, they are right about this timing. Sit Pedroia who has been a later show of late, not a laser. Dusty is back to his slumping ways. Bad timing for him. Instead it's sit 142 mil and sit the MVP....unbelievably bad timing. It's been a bad series for Tito and his decision-making. His non-use of Papelbon may be one of the biggest crimes of the season last night.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Do you realize that you are criticizing...

A.  A GREAT player
    B.  The future captain of the Red Sox
    C.  A future HOFer
    D.  A guy that's human like every other player in this league and goes through slumps.  He's going to break out again very soon.  May even be tomorrow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]no, joe, they are right about this timing. Sit Pedroia who has been a later show of late, not a laser. Dusty is back to his slumping ways. Bad timing for him. Instead it's sit 142 mil and sit the MVP....unbelievably bad timing. It's been a bad series for Tito and his decision-making. His non-use of Papelbon may be one of the biggest crimes of the season last night.

There is virtually no statistical data available to suggest that CC is a better against Romero than DMac.  You need to get past '$142M' and get to the numbers.  You might as well be saying 'start the taller one for all the weight that '$142M' carries.

CC is 2-17 v Romero while DMac is 3-9.  To insult Tito without doing the basic research renders that opinion meaningless.

IRT Paps, I assume that Tito doesn't want what happened last year to repeat itself.  Would you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Part B
    You seem to be okay with resting Pedroia, but not Gonzo,

But Pedroia is 8-16 v Romero, while Gonzo is 1-6 with 5 Ks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has given up : Do you realize that you are criticizing... A.  A GREAT player B.  The future captain of the Red Sox C.  A future HOFer D.  A guy that's human like every other player in this league and goes through slumps.  He's going to break out again very soon.  May even be tomorrow.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]
     Yes, because if you are going to sit someone, sit someone who isn't producing, not sit AGON, and in CC's case, it's time to let him play v. all pitchers instead of the JD Drew treatment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

My point is you can sit a guy who is slumping, but he seems to play favorites in who he sits and who he plays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chez2. Show Chez2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has given up : Do you realize that you are criticizing... A.  A GREAT player B.  The future captain of the Red Sox C.  A future HOFer D.  A guy that's human like every other player in this league and goes through slumps.  He's going to break out again very soon.  May even be tomorrow.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

He may not be a HOF'er that is a little presumptious, regardless Pedroia is a great player and will hit in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

How's the statistical data on Daniel Bard throwing 35 to 40 pitches in an inning and the statistical data of Matt Albers in the past month. It isn't always about career splits. Maybe the Sox should bring back Mike Cameron because he once hit 4 homers in a game, and his career splits v. a guy is this and CC's is that. Oh, that's right, we learned that Mike C was losing it as a ballplayer. Sometimes the "old" stats don't tell everything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has given up :  Yes, because if you are going to sit someone, sit someone who isn't producing, not sit AGON, and in CC's case, it's time to let him play v. all pitchers instead of the JD Drew treatment.

I don't disagree with sitting Pedroia, FWIW.

But you're taking the position that a slumping player who kills a pitcher is less likely than a hotter player who doesn't touch that pitcher.

If I were making a bet, and my choices were someone that struck out 5 times in 6 ABs against a pitching, or someone that is 8-16 against the same pitcher, but is in a 4-game slump, I'm taking the latter, and I really don't think it's very close.

And CC plays against everyone, but again, if I have a choice, without knowing the names of taking someone who is 3-9 or someone that is 2-17, I'm taking the 3-9, and this is without even considering the rest angle.

14. This post has been removed.