Tito has thrown in the towel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Tito has thrown in the towel

As for Tito using DMAC, that's his decision as manager with approval by the GM

One of my points as well.  This is really a FO dicison, not a Tito decision.  I'd bet real money that Theo, Tito, the coaches, etc, have probably discussed what their strategy would be for September.  I'd be fairly certain that, somewhere in Theo's office, there is a Bill James schedule showing exactly how much the HFA is worth, and what efforts we should go to to attain that.

Just as an example, do you think that either CC or Verlander will start any of the last weekend games, no matter what is at stake, knowing they wouldn't be available to start the ALDS?  I seriously doubt it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel : I'm concerned that his not good year could have resulted in 60 or 70 games in which another hitter would have been a better alternative. That again would be my point that CC is not doing his job, nor is the team confident that he can do the job in an important Sept. game at Toronto.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that is the case.  The most likely guess is that looking to give guys a few games off.  If you were going to rest CC for one game, why not against Romero?  If you were going to rest Gonzo for one game, why not Romero?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, i have always thought that Theo-Tito are joined at the hip including everything statistical, which can be discouraging in being predictable. Tito has the ability to think some outside of the box, and I don't think he does. He is still the best manager for the Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel : Yes, if I was making 142 million, I would be earning under false pretenses, and no wanting to be effective, being effective, and having the expectations of being effective are actually all different things.

You avoided answering my question. If you feel you can be more effective making twice what you are making now, then you aren't giving UR all now. Thus, UR making $$$ under false pretenses.

If you are giving UR best now, then no amount of $$$ will change that.

Get off the salary BS and face facts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

So CC is giving his best now? Ok, I didn't mean to hurt his feelings. I apologize CC, unreservedly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't think CC is giving his best, I thought he didn't give his best the night in Boston when he was on 1st base and Josh Reddick went to a 3-2 count v. Rivera and CC never tried to steal to get into scoring position. So, no I don't think CC is giving his best, and while the dollars shouldn't mean anything to anyone regarding how CC is performing (or Lackey), then maybe I have unrealistic expectations that they peform to their career norms. At least Lackey looks like he is trying, I see a lot of giving up by CC this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Why won't you answer my question, instead of diverting it?
    Do you think CC is giving his worst effort? What would be his motivation?
    Do UR co-workers scrutinize you because of what you make? Or what you produce?
    Are you making money under false pretenses? Why question him when you can't answer for yourself. Don't you know more about URself than him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

If there's anyone who's thrown in the towel it would be Mr.  Shaughnessy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/dan_shaughnessy/09/08/redsox.yankees/index.html?sct=mlb_wr_a2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I can't answer your question because I"m underpaid for the job(s) I do. I am doing 10 things outside my job description out of necessity to get my job done because I'm professional. I'm not in the entertainment industry to be scrutinized for my work. CC's co-workers don't scrutinize him...fans do. Experts of MLB analysis do. I certainly AM NOT MAKING MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES....got it? good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

CC becomes a point of scrutiny as long as he can't produce well enough to play ahead of DMAC in a September pennant race matchup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Hey Cater...you sound better...good.   On Crawford, he's like any other superstar: Tito treats him like dogshrit, so he develops a mediocrity in his daily performance on the field. Never have I seen any player treated like such an "outsider" by the Sox in recent years. Too bad...a great talent wasted this year. What you see in Crawford these days is the net effect of mis-management by Coma over several months. I can be more explicit if you request.

[QUOTE]I don't think CC is giving his best, I thought he didn't give his best the night in Boston when he was on 1st base and Josh Reddick went to a 3-2 count v. Rivera and CC never tried to steal to get into scoring position. So, no I don't think CC is giving his best, and while the dollars shouldn't mean anything to anyone regarding how CC is performing (or Lackey), then maybe I have unrealistic expectations that they peform to their career norms. At least Lackey looks like he is trying, I see a lot of giving up by CC this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Possible, Pete, very possible that CC felt like he was dissed by Tito instead of simply stuck with game after game in a proper batting spot for him. I just see him being very despondent often in a Sox jersey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I can't answer your question because I"m underpaid for the job(s) I do. I am doing 10 things outside my job description out of necessity to get my job done because I'm professional. I'm not in the entertainment industry to be scrutinized for my work. CC's co-workers don't scrutinize him...fans do. Experts of MLB analysis do. I certainly AM NOT MAKING MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES....got it? good.

I didn't think you were. Most folks are underpaid for what they produce, and you don't come across to me as one who wouldn't give their all.
    If you were paid according to job description, you would likely continue to produce at UR given rate. So, how can you expect Crawford to produce more because of his salary? If I agitated you with these intrusive questions, who do you think he feels answering millions of them? 

Some are lucky enough to be overpaid due to their perceived skill-set. Blame the FO. Blame the game's financial structure. Blame the fans for towing the freight. But why blame him for being paid well?
    Why not blame the game's structure for Bard being under-paid?

These guys are also professionals, DC. They do the best they can.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Yes Cater...you are totally correct.

[QUOTE]Possible, Pete, very possible that CC felt like he was dissed by Tito instead of simply stuck with game after game in a proper batting spot for him. I just see him being very despondent often in a Sox jersey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Come on, this team doesn't make the playoffs this year. By Sunday night Tampa is 3.5 games back. In two weeks Tampa is in in the lead for the wild card and the sox are still trying to get Wakefield his 200th. 

Don't get mad, get real. Another bust.

This team needs a make over starting with Theo, Tito and then half the team needs to walk. The sox story is getting old. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

harness, I know you are defending MLB players in general, not just Lackey and Crawford, and I know that salary is just a factor we often like to use to scrutinize performance against pay. . .with that said, I really do want CC and Lackey to perform better. I wanted CC to play tonight, not because of the salary but because I truly believe he is better than DMAC on any night against any pitcher. Why would I think that even though I bash him to pieces??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]harness, I know you are defending MLB players in general, not just Lackey and Crawford, and I know that salary is just a factor we often like to use to scrutinize performance against pay. . .with that said, I really do want CC and Lackey to perform better. I wanted CC to play tonight, not because of the salary but because I truly believe he is better than DMAC on any night against any pitcher. Why would I think that even though I bash him to pieces??

Not really. I think the game's financial structure stinks.
    But it is what it is, and certain fans are fortunate enough to have competitive teams to root for. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a part of what's become a spoiled rotten fan base.

If I'm defending anybody, it's the working stiff, regardless of occupation.
    It's tough to deal with life's constant pressures while being under the thumb in a corporate work environment.

We have boards like this to vent, but much of our expectations are ludicrous.
    Those who are gifted enough to be in the entertainment spotlight have pressures we can't fathom. I've known quite a few, and I've seen how it affects them.
    I admire the dedication and ability it takes to play at the highest level.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from webbie1949. Show webbie1949's posts

You would think Tito would start somebody warming up in the bullpen before we
    blow the lead and the horse has already left the barn!!!!  But that's his trademark!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Cater...you sound better...good.   On Crawford, he's like any other superstar: Tito treats him like dogshrit, so he develops a mediocrity in his daily performance on the field. Never have I seen any player treated like such an "outsider" by the Sox in recent years. Too bad...a great talent wasted this year. What you see in Crawford these days is the net effect of mis-management by Coma over several months. I can be more explicit if you request. In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel :
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

This is absolute garbage. You're really going to pin CC's off year on Tito? Was it the manager's fault that Carl struck out at a higher rate (19.7%) this year than any other year in his career? His job is to produce no matter where he bats in the order. Don't try to put this on Francona.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Carls problems are his own.... however I see that he is buried in an insignificant spot in the order.  Having Scutaro or MacDonald bat 2nd is absolutely insane... Crawford should be there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stipe7676. Show stipe7676's posts

PROFTOM: you are either a total troll, or you need to NEVER watch sports again. How do you ever root for a team? Your negativity knows no bounds and borders on (and often passes into) the ridiculous. The Sox are going to be in the playoffs, are you a Yankee fan in disguise? I am a Braves fan so it makes little diffrence to me, but it just seems like your only purpose is to spread negativity (along with a sweet, sweet picture of a bottle of wine).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Are the Braves overachieving or playing at their expected level? I don't know enough about them but they sure are playing like the team to beat.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

harness, i'm sure there are a lot of famous athletes who are and have been shook up by the way things are salary-wise and fame wise. It's a slippery slope for some, and some can't hold the pressure, others have gone a very sad route (suicides, etc). We're all human, and we all put on our pants on leg...well i don't know if some of us in here even do that....anyway, CC probably knows in his hearts of hearts that if the most diehard "haters" are really pulling for him to do well, then he has to continue to plug away. He can't do that if Tito is jerking him around, and I think that is something that is clear in terms of the platooning with DMAC. Go CC!!! Go Sox!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Are the Braves overachieving or playing at their expected level? I don't know enough about them but they sure are playing like the team to beat.  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Just for perspective, they are 4-5 this month.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Thanks space, I was looking at their overall record. Hey maybe I should do that for my team Cool