Titos a bum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

Re: Titos a bum

In Response to Re: Titos a bum:
    [QUOTE]Today's game was also a reason for pinchrunning for A-Gon and Papi--they didn't have to play 13 innings last night.  Funny with all these complaints about pinchrunning and not pinchhitting--because the Sox did in fact tie the game last night with the pinchrunning and without the pinchhitting for Tek.  In fact, if Cameron makes it to 3B or just stays at 2B and Crawford still gets his hit and Ellsbury his, the Sox win the game.  Plus they would have had Bard, Papelbon, and Wakefield available for today. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

They most likely would have won the game in 9 if Tito had 1) not PR for Gonzo 2)moved Youk to 1b and Lowrie to 3b after PR for Gonzo 3) bringing Paps in for the K instead of Wake.  If Tito would just do what any little league manager would do the sox would be a couple games over .500 by now.  NO, in fact, a little league manager would have had this team ready to play coming out of the gate, unlike Tito did, and we would have never fallen below .500. 

This team is not responding to his managerial style anymore, it's time for him to go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : They most likely would have won the game in 9 if Tito had 1) not PR for Gonzo 2)moved Youk to 1b and Lowrie to 3b after PR for Gonzo 3) bringing Paps in for the K instead of Wake.  If Tito would just do what any little league manager would do the sox would be a couple games over .500 by now.  NO, in fact, a little league manager would have had this team ready to play coming out of the gate, unlike Tito did, and we would have never fallen below .500.  This team is not responding to his managerial style anymore, it's time for him to go.
    Posted by DADDYOBOB[/QUOTE]

You don't use your closer when you're behind, especially not when your hitters have been struggling that night and especially when the next day you have a day game after a night game.  Once the game was tied, it was OK to use Bard and Pap, but not before.  As it is, there is basically no bullpen today. 

A-Gon is not slow, he is very slow, like Mike Lowell.  If a pinchrunner can help tie the game, you have to do it.  Moving Lowrie to 1B would have meant moving three guys around--Scutaro to SS, Lowrie to 3B, and Youk to 1B--like musical chairs. 

The team coming out of the gate was on the road against two good teams--TX and Cleveland (only the best record in the AL so far).  ST is carefully orchestrated to make sure that everyone gets the right amount of work, that the new guys get a good look-see, and that the coaches get to work with the hitters, the pitchers, and the fielders.  All of this was done. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

All I can add is : CLAP CLAP CLAP to your post. Nice call.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : They most likely would have won the game in 9 if Tito had 1) not PR for Gonzo 2)moved Youk to 1b and Lowrie to 3b after PR for Gonzo 3) bringing Paps in for the K instead of Wake.  If Tito would just do what any little league manager would do the sox would be a couple games over .500 by now.  NO, in fact, a little league manager would have had this team ready to play coming out of the gate, unlike Tito did, and we would have never fallen below .500.  This team is not responding to his managerial style anymore, it's time for him to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : Which is why it's pointless to start managing for the next game when you're still trying to win the game being played.  He has no clue how the next game will go and all to often will give up on the game being played.  He's a moron.

Hey DADDYOBOB, how are ya?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

Moving Lowrie to 1B would have meant moving three guys around--Scutaro to SS, Lowrie to 3B, and Youk to 1B--like musical chairs. 

Are you kidding me!  SO WHAT!  You don't move your GG 1b back to first to put a player with a total of 8 major league games of experience there.  Lowrie has 5 times as much playing time at 3b also.  It was assinine for Tito to not adjust the defense.  There is no excuse for a guy getting paid millions of dollars to make these mistakes!  Tito compromised the defense and it cost us a game.  His run of luck ran out a long time ago and he needs to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : Hey DADDYOBOB, how are ya?
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

I'm just enjoying a romp through the old digs.  I like nothing more than showing a pollyanna the light. 

Can you believe the guy doesn't adjust the defense, we lose the game, and they still back him up? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Here's what "cost the game:"  Cameron tried to take 3B and was out right before Crawford doubled and Ellsbury singled; Scutaro tried to score from 1st on a shot off the green monster, a big no-no, and was out by a mile at the plate; Wheeler stank and gave up a 2-run dinger; the Angels reliever Bell pitched the 10th-13th innings, giving up 0 runs and 4 hits, 1 walk, 3 k's.  Oh, and the Angels starter Santana pitched 4 innings of no-hit ball. 

1B ain't that hard to play--just catch the stupid ball and very occasionally throw it (or underhand toss it to the pitcher).  Big Papi has no problem playing 1B.  Ted Williams, who was at best, by his own admission, an indifferent fielder, even played 1B.   It's the easiest position on the field and requires very little mobility.  Plus here's one:  Lowrie has more range than Youk and already fields grounders onehanded at SS, so he's perfect for 1B. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I cannot believe it either as I have been saying it for awhile. The team should have been in the PS last year, but because of his idiotic moves wit the pitching staff he cost the team 5-10 wins at least. I was hoping theo would have seen what an anchor he was to the team but I guess not yet.

This team is just spinning it wheels and until they get some leadership it's not going anywhere.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : I'm just enjoying a romp through the old digs.  I like nothing more than showing a pollyanna the light.  Can you believe the guy doesn't adjust the defense, we lose the game, and they still back him up? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]I cannot believe it either as I have been saying it for awhile. The team should have been in the PS last year, but because of his idiotic moves wit the pitching staff he cost the team 5-10 wins at least. I was hoping theo would have seen what an anchor he was to the team but I guess not yet. This team is just spinning it wheels and until they get some leadership it's not going anywhere. In Response to Re: Titos a bum :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]Say it all you want, the Rs were not only not a playoff team last season, it was a fine job of managing to win 89 games with the worst offensive OF in MLB. Major portions of the season lost by VMart (all-star), Pedroia (all-star), Youkilis (all-star), Cameron, Ellsbury, Matsuzaka, Beckett and Varitek out the same time as the all-star catcher. I believe the starting 9 that Theo Epstein built for 2010 season played exactly 5 games together all season. 

The Tito bashers do themselves no favor IMO when trying to make their case by using scenarios like last night when the correct moves do not generate a win. Do some of you actually ever read or follow anything about situational strategy in baseball.

Or do you find it more comforting to simply blame a person whenever the RS lose rather than admit the players on the field came up shorter than the opponents players?

I would think not if anyone thinks that 2010 RS who were healthy enough to play the 162 games that were played in 2010 were a post season team. Frankly lesser players led by a lesser manager would not have won 81 games in 2010, the line-ups they put out there were that weak many nights of that season.

But I suppose it is more comforting to think all would be right if somebody else managed the RS. The folks at MLB TV who are much more objective than RS fans rated Francona the best manager in the game right now this spring. Now that is debatable but he is on a short list and has forgotten more about the game than probably any of us know. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

so they didn't win last year because of injuries. Glad you brought it up. SO HERE IS THE 64,000 QUESTION: WHY IS THE TEAM PLAYING SO POORLY THIS YEAR? Ever consider the leadership just isn't there? I really do not care what MLB says they are wrong, he is not one of the best baseball managers and never will be. Look at the stacked roster he has and look at the results. Did it ever occur to you, just perhaps, he is the problem?

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : Say it all you want, the Rs were not only not a playoff team last season, it was a fine job of managing to win 89 games with the worst offensive OF in MLB. Major portions of the season lost by VMart (all-star), Pedroia (all-star), Youkilis (all-star), Cameron, Ellsbury, Matsuzaka, Beckett and Varitek out the same time as the all-star catcher. I believe the starting 9 that Theo Epstein built for 2010 season played exactly 5 games together all season.  The Tito bashers do themselves no favor IMO when trying to make their case by using scenarios like last night when the correct moves do not generate a win. Do some of you actually ever read or follow anything about situational strategy in baseball. Or do you find it more comforting to simply blame a person whenever the RS lose rather than admit the players on the field came up shorter than the opponents players? I would think not if anyone thinks that 2010 RS who were healthy enough to play the 162 games that were played in 2010 were a post season team. Frankly lesser players led by a lesser manager would not have won 81 games in 2010, the line-ups they put out there were that weak many nights of that season. But I suppose it is more comforting to think all would be right if somebody else managed the RS. The folks at MLB TV who are much more objective than RS fans rated Francona the best manager in the game right now this spring. Now that is debatable but he is on a short list and has forgotten more about the game than probably any of us know. 
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

i don't know if TITO'S a BUM; what i do know is that he stinks as a field manager. has since he's been here.
    i don't know if THEO is a BUM; what i do know is that he stinks as a GM.
    has since he's been here.

hopefully, SOX fans can say GOOD-BYE to both in the very near future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

It's interesting to me that the original poster has taken the position that the "best defense is a good offense", using sarcasm to try to head the anti-Tito folks off at the pass. Seems like an extraordinarily defensive position, which Tito apologists all of a sudden must feel compelled to adopt (and for good reason!).

Clearly, on this Board anyway, no amount of citing facts and cases is going to change the mind of those apologists, but I do hope that the marginal way in which the Sox play these days, in virtually every aspect of the game, will get Tito fired and we will get to find out what a real manager can do with this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]It's interesting to me that the original poster has taken the position that the "best defense is a good offense", using sarcasm to try to head the anti-Tito folks off at the pass. Seems like an extraordinarily defensive position, which Tito apologists all of a sudden must feel compelled to adopt (and for good reason!). Clearly, on this Board anyway, no amount of citing facts and cases is going to change the mind of those apologists, but I do hope that the marginal way in which the Sox play these days, in virtually every aspect of the game, will get Tito fired and we will get to find out what a real manager can do with this team.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

AMEN !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

[QUOTE]Here's what "cost the game:"  Cameron tried to take 3B and was out right before Crawford doubled and Ellsbury singled; Scutaro tried to score from 1st on a shot off the green monster, a big no-no, and was out by a mile at the plate; Wheeler stank and gave up a 2-run dinger; the Angels reliever Bell pitched the 10th-13th innings, giving up 0 runs and 4 hits, 1 walk, 3 k's.  Oh, and the Angels starter Santana pitched 4 innings of no-hit ball.  1B ain't that hard to play--just catch the stupid ball and very occasionally throw it (or underhand toss it to the pitcher).  Big Papi has no problem playing 1B.  Ted Williams, who was at best, by his own admission, an indifferent fielder, even played 1B.   It's the easiest position on the field and requires very little mobility.  Plus here's one:  Lowrie has more range than Youk and already fields grounders onehanded at SS, so he's perfect for 1B. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Cameon was out because the ball hit the umpire and was retrieved more quickly.

Scutaro was thrown out at the plate because of a pefect relay throw.

Gonzo plays much better at first than Papi can. Have you been watching the games?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

It's looking up, tito won't have the options of bringing in the blown save artists Dan Wheeler (2 years & $ 6 million) and Bobby Jenks ( 2 years & $12 million).  Unfortunately, Jonathan Papelbon could, as he did, revert back into the Wheeler/Jenks mold anytime.  That's $30 million tied up in dead arms, enough to fuel a pennant run for teams like the Cleveland Indians, who have Justin Masterson  Money mouth

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Wheeler  ($3 mil. '11) was despised by the Rays and Jenks ($6 mil. '11) was hated more by the White Sox...both long term achievers at blowing saves.  No surprises here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler  ($3 mil. '11) was despised by the Rays and Jenks ($6 mil. '11) was hated more by the White Sox...both long term achievers at blowing saves.  No surprises here.
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

Just looked at your last ten posts to different threads. You seem to have a one track mind. You sound like a troll. You gfo onto ignore. Bye.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Ive never been a tito fan, but, I never bash my Sox, players, management or otherwise. The guy has won 2, I repeat for the children here 2 world series. Having said that, i personally would not let him manage the little league team in my home town. But hence he makes millions and im a low paid worker! I do wish he would stop spitting, lots of germs which again proves........?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Try converting your figures to an annual basis and then come back. You should also realize that only one month has gone by. Sorry about your big disappointment. Do you have a crying towell handy?
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]
    Gosh Pike,
    I always love you comments so dead on! I did hear they changed the season to 162 games from 34, maybe we have a chance yet!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]so they didn't win last year because of injuries. Glad you brought it up. SO HERE IS THE 64,000 QUESTION: WHY IS THE TEAM PLAYING SO POORLY THIS YEAR? Ever consider the leadership just isn't there? I really do not care what MLB says they are wrong, he is not one of the best baseball managers and never will be. Look at the stacked roster he has and look at the results. Did it ever occur to you, just perhaps, he is the problem? In Response to Re: Titos a bum :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]The roster is stacked on paper but it isn't playing like it on the field. And really if you parse through the paper, the hype around the 2011 RS was just that, hype. 

Judging pitching on paper is always dangerous for one thing. But let's have some sobriety about even what they were coming into 2011 on paper.

Beckett and Dice K had injury marred 2010 campaigns. Lackey was nothing special with a higher than average ERA and WHIP. Buchholz had tremendous luck in terms of ball hit into play becoming outs in 2010, far more outs per hit in play than what a pitcher experiences most years. Lester is a slow starter and was last year.

The bullpen looked improved (that wasn't hard) but relievers are so off and on it is hard to project those guys (look at Wheeler and Jenks). And BTW between them Paps and Bard blew 15 save opportunities last year. This was not a top 5 AL staff in 2010 and the only roster changes were set-up relief.

A-Gon and Crawford basically replaced the production of Beltre and VMart, but Salty/Tek assured the production of one of the replacement OFers from 2010 would be a regular feature of the 2011 offense.

So really the difference will be getting better starting pitching than 2010 and more games out of Youk and Pedroia who are off to poor starts. That is stil attainable. The team is 12-7 after the 2-10 start. If they maintain the 12-7 pace which sounds likely the team will still win 95 games even with the 2-10 start.

About what should have been expected from this roster IMO. The problem isn't Francona or Epstein IMO, the problem is too many fans unrealistic expectations coming into this season and every season.

You can't argue that the 2010 RS should have been a playoff team and claim objectivity. So flipping the question to a 31 game sample set while good debating form doesn't change the fact that while you think others are apologists your critique is a bit harsh and myopic, IMHO.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]I could not have said it better myself. This clown of a manager should have been released years ago. Here the sox have a WS team being led by a little league manager and I do not disrespect some good little league managers. In a close game he doesn't know how to win. He's lost just like you stated. But what is more laughable is that you are just one of the good ol boys with a different name because you would not want to log on as yourself and actually try to defend this moronic type of managing. Anyway go hide behind your pseudo name as I would be embarrassed to try to defend this manager too. I could give you a name of 6 or so people who you could be, but why even bother as you would walk off a 600 ft cliff If Mr fancona asked. That's what happens when emotions get in the way of clear thinking. In Response to Titos a bum :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]
    I will defend him tell me what hes done wrong first?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dangerfeld. Show Dangerfeld's posts

Zach, you write for a Baltimore blog. Am I right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Well said!!!!! Could not agree more with you.

[QUOTE]It's interesting to me that the original poster has taken the position that the "best defense is a good offense", using sarcasm to try to head the anti-Tito folks off at the pass. Seems like an extraordinarily defensive position, which Tito apologists all of a sudden must feel compelled to adopt (and for good reason!). Clearly, on this Board anyway, no amount of citing facts and cases is going to change the mind of those apologists, but I do hope that the marginal way in which the Sox play these days, in virtually every aspect of the game, will get Tito fired and we will get to find out what a real manager can do with this team.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]