To all of you who use the the term "sample size"...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: To all of you who use the the term

Again....  The best metric is one full season for a full time starting player.  Better yet, multiple seasons.

Stffy's 2013 stats are illustrative of this point.  He batted well over .950 in bad calls about the Red Sox.  While this is slightly higher than his lifetime .904 BA, it gives us insight into a trend. He's clearly trending toward a perfect BA as he ages.  Look for a .959 - .965 BA in 2014.  He's off to a torrid start.

Clearly, big sample size works best for a small sample kind of guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to solareclipse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Napoli on a one year contract was an exception but obvious good veteran FA contract move. There was almost no criticism of that signing in that context. Joe's referring to the facts on the drawbacks to a long term mult-year deal for Napoli, which are quite relevant in the context of his latest contract. 

This thread is criticizing the way "sample size" is loosely referred to and/or snipteted to suit the poster using it.

Because Napoli was originally a last winter 3 year contract case, right up until near the end, any of the critics, including Burrito, were making comments in that context.

[/QUOTE]

True indeed. And now that we have him for two I am okay with that.... had they gone 3 this winter I would have voted 'no'. No sample size can convince me he will play in 140+ games.... but an MRI says a lot, same as career averages spread over 162.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

moonslav59 31,000 posts in which 16,000 of them were directed at softlaw. I think you lov it moon, and I understand why.... seeing as where fivekatz left the building and that goofy dim-sum boomerfangsdotcom must bore you to death.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

moonslav59 31,000 posts in which 16,000 of them were directed at softlaw. I think you lov it moon, and I understand why.... seeing as where fivekatz left the building and that goofy dim-sum boomerfangsdotcom must bore you to death.

[/QUOTE]

Dude,   Please tell me that this an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" meeting of the minds?  Otherwise, you might want to reconsider the train you're hitching your wagon to.  You're goin off the rails on a crazy train..... ;).  No!  Seriously dude.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude,   Please tell me that this an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" meeting of the minds?  Otherwise, you might want to reconsider the train you're hitching your wagon to.  You're goin off the rails on a crazy train..... ;).  No!  Seriously dude.  :)

[/QUOTE]

thread gone?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do remember softy's anti semitic statements directed at fivekatz.

That was a low point in board history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

really?  I thought harness and boomerbafoon easily matched that with boom going not in the dirt but deep under it to insult/hurt harness and to wish death upon a poster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

really?  I thought harness and boomerbafoon easily matched that with boom going not in the dirt but deep under it to insult/hurt harness and to wish death upon a poster.

That was a low point as well, but clearly the alltime leader in low points is softy the clown.

I said "a low point": not "the lowpoint".

The board would be a lot better if harness, fivekatz, expitch, and others returned, but such is life. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

well as I have seen boomertang go over the top in negative behavior towards harness, southpaw, and kimsaysthis I am surprised you are so eager to engage him within the Realistic thread. 

Forget the garbage he hurled against softlaw or myself as the giver must take and I complain not.... but he regularly goes to the extreme in negative attacks, cruelty is his specialty... oh and let us not forget his (and ctredsoxfan will love this) racist Dominican Shake directive...

See none of the above matter to me.... but you and the chartered few seem to be quiet concerned with .... well I do not know what. I only say it takes all kinds to make a good forum.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

well as I have seen boomertang go over the top in negative behavior towards harness, southpaw, and kimsaysthis I am surprised you are so eager to engage him within the Realistic thread. 

Why is it surprising? You, yourself claimed I have spent half my posts engaing softy the clown.

Forget the garbage he hurled against softlaw or myself as the giver must take and I complain not.... but he regularly goes to the extreme in negative attacks, cruelty is his specialty... oh and let us not forget his (and ctredsoxfan will love this) racist Dominican Shake directive...

I haven't forgotten.

See none of the above matter to me.... but you and the chartered few seem to be quiet concerned with .... well I do not know what. I only say it takes all kinds to make a good forum.

[/QUOTE]

True, but the forum was better before. (IMO)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Just the other day John Kerry was in Vietnam railing against building dams on the Mekong... No one country has a right to deprive another country of a livelihood, an ecosystem and its capacity for life itself that comes from that river."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/john-kerry-vietnam-climate-101170.html#ixzz2nkJNKFuP

And yet we have the Colorado River (see: Optimism Builds for Effort to Relieve a Parched Delta in Mexico ...)

So people in Las Vegas can golf and or barf on their shoes after a late night we run the Colorado River Delta dry!

And so goes members of the forum who support one (alleged) jack-azz while railing against another (alleged).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Just the other day John Kerry was in Vietnam railing against building dams on the Mekong... No one country has a right to deprive another country of a livelihood, an ecosystem and its capacity for life itself that comes from that river."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/john-kerry-vietnam-climate-101170.html#ixzz2nkJNKFuP

And yet we have the Colorado River (see: Optimism Builds for Effort to Relieve a Parched Delta in Mexico ...)

So people in Las Vegas can golf and or barf on their shoes after a late night we run the Colorado River Delta dry!

And so goes posters such as you who support one jack-azz while railing against another (alleged).

[/QUOTE]

Not even close to the same situations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I wonder which is more important... and I cannot wait for Mr. Respect and pay me for the future Ortiz starts his annula bull.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

[QUOTE]

I think the sample size post was, at least partially, directed at Moon who uses that term. Moon in turn went after your posts. You got insulted and then attacked Moon more directly.

You have to at least acknowledge your participation in putting someone in a position where they have to defend themself. Themself? Does that sound right? I don't know. Anyway, you shouldn't have taken it so personally since you started the argument whether you will admit to it or not. JMO

[/QUOTE]

Actually the idiot who said we should sign Granderson becasue of JBJR's lack of (potential) offense was the reason. moonnever entered my mind.... 

And I am not a big contributor to his main thread because I don't like to post at length such as he and his 5 regular contributors.... plus boomfangsdotcom bores the heck out of me - and is more cruel than I could hope to be.

I come here to be entertained!  

[/QUOTE]

This is soooo true.

hes a sensitive sally, and is an obnoxious fool who cant handle being questioned or debated. He also thinks I am a 78yo man who was a college baseball manager, a professor and an author who lives on the west coast. complete tool.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was a low point as well, but clearly the alltime leader in low points is softy the clown.

I said "a low point": not "the lowpoint".

The board would be a lot better if harness, fivekatz, expitch, and others returned, but such is life. 

[/QUOTE]

Expitch couldn't go a day without telling someone that he was an ex pitcher.

anyone that needs to tell someone over and over again what his qualifications are probably does not have any.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Anyone here think a good UZR/150 ranking in a 34 inning sample size followed by a 114 inning sample size is enough to label a CF'er a plus defender?

Need more information? (I thought you might)

2010: 677 innings  -17.7

2011: 652 innings -18.4

2012: 34 innings +175.7

2013: 114 innings +59.4

Career: 3200 innings 0.0

OF overall:

2010: 1184 inn     -11.6

2011: 750 innings -13.6

2012: 1038 inn      -8.0

2013: 722 innings -3.4

Career: 5492 innings -3.1

I know, I'm a "bully" for using selective data to support my position.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I forgot about the great expitch/boomer battle(s)... talk about 2 posters who loathe one aother. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

and the solar eclipse has passed.....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

and the solar eclipse has passed.....

[/QUOTE]