To all the game threaders.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

To all the game threaders.....

April 1, 2011 -September 28, 2011

Thanks to Examiner, t-cal, gale, Joel, westcoast,bobbysu, AL34, Lloyd, newmex, traven, bosox, yaz, CC, Jack, Andrew, Roy and all the others who contributed to the game threads. You made the games more enjoyable, win or lose.Tough end to the season, but for most of the it, we watched the RED SOX  play the best baseball of 2011.

Everyone enjoy your off season. Hope to see you all opening day 2012.

J-Bay

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: To all the game threaders.....

Thanks JBay, and same to you and to all the game thread denizens; pretty discouraging collapse, a real shocker, but already looking forward to opening day 2012, & feeling confident for a happier outcome to next season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ditto to all. I'll be there in April, as hopeful as ever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I did miss you guys this year - didn't contribute much to any conversation save for the occational proposal, but always enjoyed the company. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Thanks Jbay...I love the Sox, hate the disappointment they gave us, but like you enjoyed those games and the company...none better.  Hate seeing all the blame games going on but not unexpected.  I blame me for being a Sox fan...but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: To all the game threaders.....:
    [QUOTE]I did miss you guys this year - didn't contribute much to any conversation save for the occational proposal, but always enjoyed the company. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]
    Not a lot of proposals in September, unfortunatley!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: To all the game threaders..... : Not a lot of proposals in September, unfortunatley!
    Posted by LloydDobler

Not a lot..no..sigh...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GA all....don't know what to say, tough one..was looking forward to you guys being in..enjoyed hanging with you on the game thread..even when the race got thick, we still found time for laughs...thanks for putting up with me...Tongue out..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Though I was originally happy about the Sox being eliminated, I think somehow today I'm disappointed.  The ALCS would have been fun if we were both there.  Though who knows the Yanks have a really tough draw with Detroit, it may not happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It was another good year, except for the troll Pike (who I put on ignore) trying his/her best to Disrupt things, with new people joining in and a few checking out.  Good luck everyone and enjoy the off season.  I'll be on the Patriot's game thread every Sunday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

As   the shock and ANGER    subside    --  I know deep down I'm already "Waiting Until Next Year"   as I have done  since about 1955   when I got my 1st Red Sox uniform.

I want to see changes -- not necessarily Terry   and Theo  but a different team.

A team that digs and fights  and  does not go 2- 60 when behind after the 7th inning.  One that   can manufacture a run and not wait for the home run  to  turn it around.

Great fall and winter  for all... See you in Spring Training.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

we certainly need to get some winners on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBAY  you too, you are a class person, I was locked out some reason on the tread. Even if they had won last night, I really doubt that they would have won today. Something is wrong there and I just feel that there is no leadership in that club house. Listen, bottom line is that they need a top pitcher who can be an ace. Either trade for one or really deal the Yankees a blow and drive up the price on Sabathia and hurt them in their pocketbooks. I did not sleep a wink last night. It was as bad as when I was in Baghdad, Iraq and Wakefield gave up that home run to Aaron Boone. I kicked a sandbag into the Euphrates river I was so mad.

In Response to To all the game threaders.....:
    April 1, 2011 -September 28, 2011 Thanks to Examiner, t-cal, gale, Joel, westcoast,bobbysu, AL34, Lloyd, newmex, traven, bosox, yaz, CC, Jack, Andrew, Roy and all the others who contributed to the game threads. You made the games more enjoyable, win or lose.Tough end to the season, but for most of the it, we watched the RED SOX  play the best baseball of 2011. Everyone enjoy your off season. Hope to see you all opening day 2012. J-Bay  
    Posted by J-BAY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]JBAY  you too, you are a class person, I was locked out some reason on the tread. Even if they had won last night, I really doubt that they would have won today. Something is wrong there and I just feel that there is no leadership in that club house. Listen, bottom line is that they need a top pitcher who can be an ace. Either trade for one or really deal the Yankees a blow and drive up the price on Sabathia and hurt them in their pocketbooks. I did not sleep a wink last night. It was as bad as when I was in Baghdad, Iraq and Wakefield gave up that home run to Aaron Boone. I kicked a sandbag into the Euphrates river I was so mad. In Response to To all the game threaders..... :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Thanks AL. everything happened so quickly last night, everyone was so stunned, no one got a chance to say good bye. Epstein said last night there were internal issues that would be addressed. many on the game thread had trouble posting last night, including myself. got an email from my nephew this morning "the most excruiating end to a season since Aaron F. Boone" I had a hard time sleeping also but always do on the last day of the season, regardless of how, why or when. Everyone on the game threads are good sox fans, which is what makes it so great. A few days and a good night sleep, i'll be already looking forward to opening day. hope springs eternal, as does being part of
    Red Sox Nation. wouldn't have it any other way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Saluda. Show Saluda's posts

thanks for everything guys,,,

in Kendall Florida I played sick at lunch in 1967 in first grade for my mom to come get me early so we could watch the 67 series where Gibson beat us.. my recently passed Red Sox loving momma wasn't mad at all(I don't think I ever played sick again in all my school years) and I'll never forget the great time she and I had that afternoon.. .. btw until the day she passed (last December at 78 years old) she (and then we all did) called Mike Lowell her boyfriend.... that was her man...I made a nice framed picture of him holding his MVP World Series trophy for her Christmas present that she loved... GO SOX.. FOREVER

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to To all the game threaders.....:
    [QUOTE]April 1, 2011 -September 28, 2011 Thanks to Examiner, t-cal, gale, Joel, westcoast,bobbysu, AL34, Lloyd, newmex, traven, bosox, yaz, CC, Jack, Andrew, Roy and all the others who contributed to the game threads. You made the games more enjoyable, win or lose.Tough end to the season, but for most of the it, we watched the RED SOX  play the best baseball of 2011. Everyone enjoy your off season. Hope to see you all opening day 2012. J-Bay  
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Thanks J-Bay. I'm sporadic with the game threads because of my schedule, but it's fun now and then, although the posters who are constantly negative ruin the fun at times.

I think we're still in a state of shock because of the last month, but I know I'll be rooting as hard as ever next spring.

For now:

Go Bruins.

Go Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

I, for one, enjoyed the game threads immensely.
    Thank you to everyone!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

As not a regular, I would like to say that the regular posters on this board are for the most part very knowledgable baseball fans......some are a little crazy....some are a little annoying( we all know who they are).....but all are extremely entertaining. Despite the atrocious end to the season, I am looking forward to the Hot Stove discussions and arguments.