To you folks who I disagreed with on Koji being the Sox's MVP ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

To you folks who I disagreed with on Koji being the Sox's MVP ...

I'm coming around. He's going to blow one eventually because, all evidence to the contrary, he's not a machine. But I swear, he's to the point where you actually are surprised when he throws a ball.

Eck pointed out that tonight was probably the worst Koji  has looked in a month but he STILL got Rodriguez, Overbay and Ichiro 1-2-3.

Love the guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: To you folks who I disagreed with on Koji being the Sox's MVP ...

well said.  IMHO Koji-san has been the team MVP this season.  stepping into a role he wasnt expected to do and he has done it very well.

the pressure of the yankee stadium bump tried to mess with him but he overcame......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

well said.  IMHO Koji-san has been the team MVP this season.  stepping into a role he wasnt expected to do and he has done it very well.

the pressure of the yankee stadium bump tried to mess with him but he overcame......

slash! the kid has been MONEY! and he's how old? 37 or something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I also now think that Koji is the team MVP.....what a closer he has been......I think is new pelling of his name should be Kojiano Uehera.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I strongly supported Pedroia for all kinds of good reasons.  But Uehara has been unbelievable and in some pretty big games, like last night and game two against the Tigers.  In fact, yesterday I told a Yankee fan in our office the Yankees have the best bullpen, but the Sox have the best closer.  That was before last night's game.  I know how he does it--with great control and mixing the fast ball with the splitter--but still am astounded when he keeps doing it.  Some long counts last night against good hitters, and he still got them 1, 2, 3.