Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news!

The good news:the Red Sox are playing again.
    The bad news: look who is batting number 6.

RED SOX (55-35)
    Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    McDonald RF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Navarro LF
    Scutaro SS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news!

In Response to Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news!:
    [QUOTE]The good news:the Red Sox are playing again. The bad news: look who is batting number 6. RED SOX (55-35) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH McDonald RF Saltalamacchia C Navarro LF Scutaro SS
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

McDonald has been hitting lately and Tito wants to keep it going.  You are either really worried or you are doing a reverse mind trick on us all saying you are worried which will then lead to a monster game from DMAC?  Which is it?Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

jimdavis,I apologize. I didn't do my research. I jumped to conclusions. Here's the facts:
    From the Boston Herald:

Red Sox vs. Price

Marco Scutaro (21 career plate appearances): .150 BA/.190 OBP/.150 SLG, 1 walk, 4 strikeouts

Darnell McDonald (17): .333/.412/.667, 1 HR, 2 RBI,1 triple, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts

Kevin Youkilis (17): .333/.412/.467, 2 doubles, 2 strikeouts

David Ortiz (15): .154/.267/.308, 2 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 walks, 5 strikeouts

Dustin Pedroia (13): .182/.308/.364, 1 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 walks, 1 strikeout

J.D. Drew (7): .167/.286/.167, 1 walk, 2 strikeout

Jacoby Ellsbury (7): .167/.286/.333, 1 double, 1 walk

Adrian Gonzalez (7): .200/.429/.400, 1 double, 2 walks

Jason Varitek (6): .167/.167/.333, 1 double, 1 strikeout

Jarrod Saltalamacchia (3): .500/.667/1.000, 1 double, 1 walk, 1 strikeout

Yamaico Navarro walked in his only plate appearance against Price. Josh Reddick and Drew Sutton have never faced the Tampa Bay starter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I'd switch DMac and Salty.  I can understand not starting Reddick against Price though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news!:
    [QUOTE]jimdavis,I apologize. I didn't do my research. I jumped to conclusions. Here's the facts: From the Boston Herald: Red Sox vs. Price Marco Scutaro (21 career plate appearances): .150 BA/.190 OBP/.150 SLG, 1 walk, 4 strikeouts Darnell McDonald (17): .333/.412/.667, 1 HR, 2 RBI,1 triple, 2 walks, 4 strikeouts Kevin Youkilis (17): .333/.412/.467, 2 doubles, 2 strikeouts David Ortiz (15): .154/.267/.308, 2 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 walks, 5 strikeouts Dustin Pedroia (13): .182/.308/.364, 1 RBI, 2 doubles, 2 walks, 1 strikeout J.D. Drew (7): .167/.286/.167, 1 walk, 2 strikeout Jacoby Ellsbury (7): .167/.286/.333, 1 double, 1 walk Adrian Gonzalez (7): .200/.429/.400, 1 double, 2 walks Jason Varitek (6): .167/.167/.333, 1 double, 1 strikeout Jarrod Saltalamacchia (3): .500/.667/1.000, 1 double, 1 walk, 1 strikeout Yamaico Navarro walked in his only plate appearance against Price. Josh Reddick and Drew Sutton have never faced the Tampa Bay starter.

Good info, thanks for sharing.  I didn't expect DMac's numbers to be that good against Price.  I guess I'm ok with DMac hitting 6th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news!:
    [QUOTE]The good news:the Red Sox are playing again. The bad news: look who is batting number 6. RED SOX (55-35) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH McDonald RF Saltalamacchia C Navarro LF Scutaro SS

6th? Look who's batting 8th! Why on God's green earth, Reddick is not starting I haven't a clue. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news! : 6th? Look who's batting 8th! Why on God's green earth, Reddick is not starting I haven't a clue. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Considering that Price is a tough lefty, why would you expect Reddick to be in the lineup?  Tito has been pretty consistent in rotating the righty lefty thing in the outfield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Lefties are hitting an ungodly 162/224/229 against Price this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news! : Considering that Price is a tough lefty, why would you expect Reddick to be in the lineup?  Tito has been pretty consistent in rotating the righty lefty thing in the outfield.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    Because he is the only OF that has proven that he can hit a baseball over the past few weeks. If McDonald and Navarro go 0-3 against Price, the board will be in an uproar. If Reddick goes 0-3, the board will just say "get 'em next time, kid." Ortiz should also be benched, as even though he is dominating lefties this year, he has struggled in years past, and that is what Francona seems to look at, not recent stats. Bellsbury should be DFA before the game starts, just to be safe. No need for lefties, because obviously no lefty can get a hit off of Price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Once Price is out and the matchups come into play, I'm sure you will see Reddick in the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Reddick is a young guy....who so far this year has 8 hits in 12 abs vs lefties....shouldnt we see how he can do against a tough lefty like Price when the alternative is a guy hitting .143 and .174 vs lefties this year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Navarro is the weakest hitter in that lineup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news! : Because he is the only OF that has proven that he can hit a baseball over the past few weeks. If McDonald and Navarro go 0-3 against Price, the board will be in an uproar. If Reddick goes 0-3, the board will just say "get 'em next time, kid." Ortiz should also be benched, as even though he is dominating lefties this year, he has struggled in years past, and that is what Francona seems to look at, not recent stats. Bellsbury should be DFA before the game starts, just to be safe. No need for lefties, because obviously no lefty can get a hit off of Price.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Goofball...Tito particularly rotates the McDonald/Drew/Reddick trio based on lefty righty.  Other players play everyday regardless.  This has been being done for many years in baseball.  I guess I am missing your sarcastic point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Once again, Tito knows more than we do.  Softy is an idiot and all is right with the world.  How about we let the manager manage and we just act like fans.  DMAC!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, Mac got the dinger and tied the game, so maybe Francona made a good call as outlandish as that sounds.

I would have batted Saltalamacchia 6th (and been wrong). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup is out: Good news and bad news! : Because he is the only OF that has proven that he can hit a baseball over the past few weeks. If McDonald and Navarro go 0-3 against Price, the board will be in an uproar. If Reddick goes 0-3, the board will just say "get 'em next time, kid." Ortiz should also be benched, as even though he is dominating lefties this year, he has struggled in years past, and that is what Francona seems to look at, not recent stats. Bellsbury should be DFA before the game starts, just to be safe. No need for lefties, because obviously no lefty can get a hit off of Price.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Now Ellsbury went deep...Softy, you are an idiot!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

It was fantastic seeing Mac and Jake lead us to victory tonight with their impressive home runs. I am now a convert.