Tonight's lineup

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Tonight's lineup

Byrd ninth? Don't get that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Sox should start thinking like the Pats, take it game-by-game. Not looking at the past or future...one game at time...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Ross, Salty and Bryd is the key...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Amazing. 3 or 4 major league hitters on a 170million dollar team. Injuries or not this is a middle grade offense. Even with Jacoby and CC its still debatable on whether you can be a WS contender with black holes in 7,8 and 9.. Certainly not with a pitching staff as currently constructed. Look at it through rose colored glasses all you want but it wont change the fact that the Sox are a lower tier program in the MLB right now. This fall hurts. To be a bad team is one thing but turning into a side show is sad.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup:
    [QUOTE]Byrd ninth? Don't get that.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Some managers use the 9th spot as a second lead off man, for when the line-up turns over. I'm not saying this is the case, just offering a plausible explanation. Then again the fact he is something like 3-46 could also be a reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup :     Some managers use the 9th spot as a second lead off man, for when the line-up turns over. I'm not saying this is the case, just offering a plausible explanation. Then again the fact he is something like 3-46 could also be a reason.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Could be. My first thought was that he's putting him down there to keep a low profile his first game, and not put too much attention on him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's lineup : Could be. My first thought was that he's putting him down there to keep a low profile his first game, and not put too much attention on him.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Exactly

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

7-8-9 goes 5-12 3hr 14 total bases 1 K...I'll take that