Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?

Lowrie hitting cleanup?

Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Lowrie 3B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Lavarnway C
    McDonald RF
    Crawford LF
    Scutaro SS

Pitching:
    LHP Erik Bedard (5-9, 3.50)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?

Lowrie at clean up can't be right.  This is the best we can send up to save our season.  I guess it is over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow

Excuse me but I have to go throw-up now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

What is the difference?  Pedy, Papi and A-Gonz have not hit a HR lately for this month of September.  

Plus Lowrie hit better right handed than left handed at the same time the Orioles pitcher, Britton, is left handed.  Cant have back to back left handed hitters facing him.

What choice Tito have?  middle of the line up are in a slump, Pedy is in the slump, Youkilis/Salty/Veritek are all hurting, etc??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Lowrie at clean up can't be right.  This is the best we can send up to save our season.  I guess it is over.

Did we had Pedy at 4th spot most of the times in the month of September, and what have he done?  nothing!!!  Whoever batted 4th spot have not done a good job for the whole month of September!!!

Come one, it does not make any difference!!  They just need everyone to hit and score alot of runs!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Sox-Nation-Netherlands. Show Red-Sox-Nation-Netherlands's posts

I hope Lavarnway goes into beastmode tonight just like when he got promoted
    from AA to AAA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they should be playing mike aviles, its hard to root for that fragile little ninny lowrie

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

WOW is right.  What a terrible lineup!  I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  The most important game of the year and DMAC is playing, Lowrie is hitting 4th and 20 million dollar man is hitting 8th.  Catcher has caught 9 big league innings and hasn't shown he can hit for power at the ML level.  Looks like TB will clinch the WC tonight.  Tito can then put his best team out there for Wednesday's meaningless game and Lester will throw a no hitter!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Does anybody here ever look at splits?

Lowrie hits LH pitching very well and in short samples sets has been hot. His OPS this season versus LH is over .900.

As have Scutaro and McDonald.

Mac for instance is .375/.417/.500 for a .917 OPS. he is in the line-up because Drew does not hit LH well and Reddick has been in an all world nose dive. All in the splits BTW.

If you question anything, question why Crawford is in the line-up at all. Drew will not do well versus LH pitching but he will extend his ABs and certanly won't have the brain gaffs in the OF that CC has had.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

It is almost like Tito is trying to highlight the problems with his roster.  Hey Theo, these are the RH bats you put on this roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'd rather have Scutaro at cleanup than Lowrie. I just can't recall Lowrie delivering many base hits with runners on base and Scutaro has had a fine september. In either case if that's the best we can roll out we're in pretty sad shape with 2 critical games left to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I guess that you people don't know that both Salty and Tek are injured and that Lowrie has been hot during recent games. You also play right handed hitters against a lefty. If you complain on McDonald then I'm sure than you would do likewise on Reddick or Drew. Some of you have trouble thinking before you post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'd rather hit Crawford 2, Pedey 4 and Lowrie 6.  I mean this is it, why are you hiding a 20 million dollar guy in the 8 hole.  I don't care who the opposing pitcher is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Splits or not, Aviles has been one of the few bright sopts in September, plus he's a better fielder than Lowrie.
    This is what 160 million buys at the most critical time of this season?
    Scutaro almost always makes contact, and he's been pretty good in the clutch, compared to the rest of the team.
    But, Lowrie? And you're talking about PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

splendidsplinterteddyb said:

Looks like TB will clinch the WC tonight

Can't happen tonight, it's tied.  The Red Sox still control their own destiny (as does Tampa).  Now, being realistic ... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Outside of Ellsbury, Lowrie is making better contact in the last four games than anyone. Watch many games?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

It all depends on how Erik Bedard's balky knee holds up.     The Sox better get to Britton early and often.    Do they have it in them ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It doesn't, but honestly, there's not a lineup they could field right now that would inspire confidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?:
    [QUOTE]they should be playing mike aviles, its hard to root for that fragile little ninny lowrie
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

That "fragile little ninny" had a Home Run last night.Which is more than those other players who aren't "fragile little ninnies" had. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

They need a lineup that can score eight runs given the fact that the starters are allowing seven runs per game since the start of the month.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather hit Crawford 2, Pedey 4 and Lowrie 6.  I mean this is it, why are you hiding a 20 million dollar guy in the 8 hole.  I don't care who the opposing pitcher is.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]Why hide the $20M guy in 8 hole. Because if he wasn't a $20M guy you hide him on the bench. He is .200/.254/.579 versus LH. His ABs are short and he swings at lots of balls. He has made outs in 71% of his PAs all year including September. His OF play in spite of athletic gifts has been just awful.

Crawford has no business this year being in upper 2/3 of this batting order. It doesn't matter what his contract is, what he did in Tampa. The RS need to win the next two games and hope the NYY help them.

With A-Gon playing hurt, Youk out, that probably is the best line-up the RS could put out there tonight by mathematical probability NOT reputations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

I'm excited for Lavarnway.  Hell, they could only score 2 last night w/ the "best lineup" they have.  At this point it's gravy if they even win a game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Some fans or trolls will always be here to complain that CC is hitting second or eighth. It is their nature or game to do so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I like moving Pedroia back to second in the order. The one - two combination of Ellsbury and Pedey gives us the best chance to ignite a rally.  Hitting the under achieving Crawford second was an ill advised move. I would bat AGon third , where he has had the most success. Ortiz should hit cleanup, now and always on this team. Splitting up the two lefties with Lowrie really does not make a lot of sense. Jed is not , and never will be , a cleanup hitter.  After that , you can configure the lower part of the order any way you want , and just hope for the best.  It is too late to re-arrange the deck chairs when the iceberg is dead ahead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Lowrie hitting clean up speaks volumes of the construction of this team by Theo