Too late to sign Tito to be our next manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Too late to sign Tito to be our next manager

http://www.sportspyder.com/teams/boston-red-sox/articles/7466544

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Too late to sign Tito to be our next manager

He's got a pair of coconuts to want to deal with that level of talent.  But Buck took over the O's after Valentine said they had big problems, so maybe Tito can turn them around.  Good luck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's got a pair of coconuts to want to deal with that level of talent.  But Buck took over the O's after Valentine said they had big problems, so maybe Tito can turn them around.  Good luck.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Joe, agreed, but there probably won't be a lot of managerial opportunities this off season and he has ties to Cleveland.  It will be interesting to see if Cleveland now becomes more of a viable trade partner now that Tito is on board.  Would love to see a deal for Choo.  I wish him luck as well as he has always been a class act.   

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Joe, agreed, but there probably won't be a lot of managerial opportunities this off season and he has ties to Cleveland.  It will be interesting to see if Cleveland now becomes more of a viable trade partner now that Tito is on board.  Would love to see a deal for Choo.  I wish him luck as well as he has always been a class act.   

[/QUOTE]

Nothing there makes sense.

Choo should go since he has only one year left.

They have no shot, imo, at even being a .500 team.  I like Tito, but if this is a fairly major rebuild, wouldn't Alomar make more sense?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing there makes sense.

Choo should go since he has only one year left.

They have no shot, imo, at even being a .500 team.  I like Tito, but if this is a fairly major rebuild, wouldn't Alomar make more sense?

[/QUOTE]

You would think Alomar would make more sense, especially with HIS ties to Cleveland.  There's got to be a significant red flag somewhere.  On the surface, Cleveland seems like a full rebuild with limited resources, but with this new playoff system, obviously more teams are thinking they have a much better shot, and with a little luck, anything can happen.  Going into the season, Oakland and Baltimore were obviously regarded as bottom 5 A.L. teams by everybody, so the "why not us?" attitude will be out in full force.  If I was managing a team, that's what I would be telling my players.   

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Good for Francona for going to a lousy team....then again there wont be much pressure for him to win....maybe he is smarter than i thought....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

I wish him luck, however in my opinion Francona talents are being put to waste in Cleveland and he is not the right man for the job. Francona is best at managing club houses, media, and ego's. He's not a Field Manager exactly. I hated how he managed bullpens late in game, he relies to much on Power and Home Runs, and doesn't steal or play small ball. Cleveland should of went with Alomar. Francona would of been better off waiting and going to a club like LA (either team.), Detroit, Texas, New York (either teams). I bet with in the next 2 years a job at one of the big market teams will be open. Heck I think Toronto would of been a better fit for Terry. Either way I wish him best of luck.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Go get 'em, Tito.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Alomar, come to Boston.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alomar, come to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

FrancoMa is a one trick pony----play for the big inning and lead the league in hitting into double plays.  If he plays that kind of game in Cleveland with that kind of team, well in three years he will have failed as miserably as he did in Philadelphia and in his last four years in Boston.  He had better alter his game radically because his new team needs to depend on speed, small ball, moving the runners and using the hit and run more than one a month.  I do not wish him ill but I think he is going to fail there because that team needs a good bench managers and Tito is a clubhouse man, not a strategist.  Not even close to a good one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Best wishes to Francona.

He was a very good manager for us, both on the field and off.  I don't understand all the contempt for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Alomar, come to Boston.

[/QUOTE]

FrancoMa is a one trick pony----play for the big inning and lead the league in hitting into double plays.  If he plays that kind of game in Cleveland with that kind of team, well in three years he will have failed as miserably as he did in Philadelphia and in his last four years in Boston.  He had better alter his game radically because his new team needs to depend on speed, small ball, moving the runners and using the hit and run more than one a month.  I do not wish him ill but I think he is going to fail there because that team needs a good bench managers and Tito is a clubhouse man, not a strategist.  Not even close to a good one.

[/QUOTE]

Now that you've announced he'll fail, you'll be wishing nothing but ill-will for the guy.

We know how it works, Fred.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Best wishes to Francona.

He was a very good manager for us, both on the field and off.  I don't understand all the contempt for him.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Kimmi.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

Best wishes to Francona.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it's because he didn't give away free outs to the other team by bunting all the time, and apparently some of the posters on this board sat in the bullpen during games so they knew which relievers were available at all times.  They also had the matchup history of every opposing player against every Sox pitcher and they referred to it throughout every game (like Tito and his staff did). Mike Scosiscia is highly regarded on this board because he plays small ball more often, yet he only has half as many Championships as Tito in a longer period of time with similar payroll and arguably better talent.  Tito is a highly regarded manager throughout baseball, but a lot of fans just don't get it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

LOL Jasko, well said.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Best wishes to Francona.

[/QUOTE]

We do not agree on how good a manager he was, but I think we do agree that he is a good person who did not deserve to get screwed on his way out the door here like he did. So I have nothing but good wishes for him except when the Sox play the Indians.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/10/hiring_terry_francona_as_manag.html

I am and will forever be thoroughly convinced Tito had to be relieved of his Red Sox managerial position. I do want to see him do well over there in Cleveland though, and it should be exciting if the Indians try to win for a change.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And, if Tito gets the Indians to win, what will the Tito bashers say?

If they lose and lose, will the Tito lovers say anything?