Trade Proposals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Trade Proposals

So were we the horse leading the field through the first quarter--now wer're hearing sounds of other horses moving up. Do we let Toronto, Balt and NYY back into the race or do we make a couple of bold moves that strengthen us for the stretch run?

My thing is BenC put your best 25 available players on  the field.

I would say the next time, in 5 days, you will have a need for a starter, show us Rubby or Workman or Ranaudo. I still haven't seen Webster pitch---but it appears you feel Webster is the best Min. League starter available.  Rubby deserves a shot and he went 6, 1 hit, scoreless inn., striking out 7 and issued no walks.

WMB needs a month in AAA bring up Holt in the meantime if you don't feel Cecchini is advanced enough you could go for Brandon Snyder's bat at third. Yes it's very radical. You'll know in a week if either Cecchini or Snyder can do it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Who they use from the minors usually coincides with they day they pitch. They didnt call up Aceves because he would have only had 3 days rest. Webster lined up as far as staying with his routine. They dont want to take them out of their routine if they dont have to. between Aceves, Webster, Workman, or RDLR, they can use whoever is scheduled to pitch on the day needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

We've had two gems thrown in AAA this weekend by Rubby and Alfredo. We have yet to see Rubby throw a meaningful pitch for RS Nation to see this season.

Does anyone know if Bailey has any options left? I don't think it's  all in his head and I can't believe this is the first time he has run into a streak like this.

Can someone tell me how Bailey gets a Hold and not a Blown Save for his effort yesterday in the 7 th. JF , I think, needs to be more selective right now when he puts him in. Wilson with nobody on and nobody out--might be a better choice. I know hindsight is 20/20 --but you put Bailey in, who has had no idea, with a 1 run lead to face the top of the order.Thanks JF for the confidence trip--I'm looking for a 5 run deficit entry--no pressure where I can pull a Bard: hit a batter, 2 wild pitches, load the the bases on walks then a K and a douible play, to get out unscathed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We've had two gems thrown in AAA this weekend by Rubby and Alfredo. We have yet to see Rubby throw a meaningful pitch for RS Nation to see this season.

Does anyone know if Bailey has any options left? I don't think it's  all in his head and I can't believe this is the first time he has run into a streak like this.

He has 3 options left.

Can someone tell me how Bailey gets a Hold and not a Blown Save for his effort yesterday in the 7 th.

Because that's how the dumb stat is set up.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

He has 3 options left.

Can someone tell me how Bailey gets a Hold and not a Blown Save for his effort yesterday in the 7 th.

Sox4ever

Moon, please tell me where you find the Options remaining for Sox players,

Thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

He has 3 options left.

Sox4ever

Thanks

http://wiki.soxprospects.com/Player+Options

Bailey would have to be send through waivers, I believe, since hes had 3 straight years of MLB service, regardless of having options left.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

He has 3 options left.

Sox4ever

Thanks

http://wiki.soxprospects.com/Player+Options

Bailey would have to be send through waivers, I believe, since hes had 3 straight years of MLB service, regardless of having options left.

So, we could only hope someone claims him.

Here's the 40 man roster with a column for options on the far right...

http://www.soxprospects.com/40man.htm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

18 batters ago, Bailey had an ERA of 1.47, and his crime on Sunday was giving up two ground ball singles, one of them to Miguel Cabrera.  Isn't it a little bit of an over-reaction to be hoping he'll be claimed off waivers?

BTW, if you can't option a player with 3 years service, how did we send Bard down?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

18 batters ago, Bailey had an ERA of 1.47, and his crime on Sunday was giving up two ground ball singles, one of them to Miguel Cabrera.  Isn't it a little bit of an over-reaction to be hoping he'll be claimed off waivers?

BTW, if you can't option a player with 3 years service, how did we send Bard down?

Did I say we can't option him?

I said he has 3 options.

I was responding to someone who seemed worried he might get claimed.

I'm not worried.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, let's go all out to win this year!  Let's trade the future!

... NOT!

At the deadline:

Trade: Drew + $2M this year to Oak

For: 1B Matt Olsen

Trade: Jon Lester (for salary offset), A. Webster, D. Britton, & J. de la Torre  to Philly

For: Cliff Lee

Trade: Matt Olsen, Gomes (salary offset), Middlebrooks, M. Barnes, B. Brentz, B. Jacobs, and Sean Coyle

For: Aramis Ramirez & Yovani Gallardo

The "New Sox"

C: Salty/Lava/Ross

1B: Napoli (Carp)

2B: Pedroia

3B: Ramirez

SS: Iglesias/Holt

LF: Nava/Carp

CF: Ellsbury/JBJ

RF: Victorino (Nava)

DH: Ortiz

SP1: Buchholz

SP2: C Lee

SP3: Gallardo

SP4: Lackey

SP5: Dempster

SP6/LR: Doubront

CL: Uehara

RP: Tazawa

RP: Breslow

RP: Miller

RP: Mortensen

RP: Bailey

RP: Wilson/Morales/Beato/Bard

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

... NOT!

At the deadline:

Trade: Jon Lester (for salary offset), A. Webster, D. Britton, & J. de la Torre  to Philly

Trade: Matt Olsen, Gomes (salary offset), Middlebrooks, M. Barnes, B. Brentz, B. Jacobs, and Sean Coyle

The "New Sox"

Sox4ever

This is exactly why I tell you to stick to your strength, which is crunching numbers without forming opinions or trades. 

Ok...now let me get this straight...you want to take on 2 over 35yr old players who will be making a combined 41 mil next yr, and another guy who will be making 11mil and then becomes a free agent after Nxt yr FOR....2 of our top 4 or 5 best pitching prospects in our system? Are you not paying attention to what we have been doing, and what we will continue to do for a long time....and that is acquire and accumulated young pitching not GIVE IT AWAY and TAKE on salary....it just is not gonna happen. This front office (as they should) is going to stick to the plan that was implemented last yr of short term rentals and KEEP our prospects, especially our pitching. They will continue to over pay and plug in holes through free agency with shorter term deals, and they may take on a salary dump at the deadline but I can assure you, Webster and Barnes will not be going anywhere...

If I'm the red sox I give Webster the ball from here on out every 5 th day and tell him to trust his stuff and have fun. He just needs to relax..the stuff is there , now is the time to get him the experience that he needs to get better..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

... NOT!

At the deadline:

The "New Sox"

Sox4ever

This is exactly why I tell you to stick to your strength, which is crunching numbers without forming opinions or trades. 

Ok...now let me get this straight...you want to take on 2 over 35yr old players who will be making a combined 41 mil next yr, and another guy who will be making 11mil and then becomes a free agent after Nxt yr FOR....2 of our top 4 or 5 best pitching prospects in our system? Are you not paying attention to what we have been doing, and what we will continue to do for a long time....and that is acquire and accumulated young pitching not GIVE IT AWAY and TAKE on salary....it just is not gonna happen. This front office (as they should) is going to stick to the plan that was implemented last yr of short term rentals and KEEP our prospects, especially our pitching. They will continue to over pay and plug in holes through free agency with shorter term deals, and they may take on a salary dump at the deadline but I can assure you, Webster and Barnes will not be going anywhere...

If I'm the red sox I give Webster the ball from here on out every 5 th day and tell him to trust his stuff and have fun. He just needs to relax..the stuff is there , now is the time to get him the experience that he needs to get better..

[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This is why I keep telling you to take a reading comprehension course...SOON!

Look up the definition of the word "not". OK?

"Yeah, let's go all out to win this year!  Let's trade the future!

... NOT! "

See the word, "not"? Do you get what it means, troll? I thought not.

Why not troll somewhere else?

Get a life!

Sox4ever

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Im pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

You'd think the word "not" might be a clue.

Wink

Sox4ever

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I'm having trouble finding a team in contention, or close to contending, that would want to trade for Drew. Doesn't help when 2/3rds of teams "in contention" are all in the same division (A. L. East).

Indians?= no, Tigers?= no, Rangers?= no, A's?= no, Cards?= no, Braves?= no, DBacks?= no,  Reds?= no... Even the Pirates seem like they have a servicable back-up in Mercer spelling Barmes. 

Which leads me to think our infield is set ( barring any injuries around the league ). Too bad Drew can't play 3B, because I'd really like Iglesias playing SS. 

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slaaonta71. Show slaaonta71's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

... NOT!

At the deadline:

The "New Sox"

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]  hey  is there  a like button here i guess not  but yes i like the comment about keeping webster in there as much as it drives me nuts to see the runs he allows  he needs the work up in the majors as longs buch is on the dl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I like Webster...but as far as I'm concerned we're playing with house money if he gets traded. But If we trade him I'd rather package him up with more talent for a YOUNG arm and not for some aging talent on the mound and at the corner when both are system strengths right now....just doesn't make sense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

I'm having trouble finding a team in contention, or close to contending, that would want to trade for Drew. Doesn't help when 2/3rds of teams "in contention" are all in the same division (A. L. East).

Indians?= no, Tigers?= no, Rangers?= no, A's?= no, Cards?= no, Braves?= no, DBacks?= no,  Reds?= no... Even the Pirates seem like they have a servicable back-up in Mercer spelling Barmes. 

Which leads me to think our infield is set ( barring any injuries around the league ). Too bad Drew can't play 3B, because I'd really like Iglesias playing SS. 

"Don't you worry about blank, let me worry about blank"

Someone may lose a SS to injury before the deadline, of a team like the A's could move Lowrie to 2B, but your point is well taken.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I like Webster...but as far as I'm concerned we're playing with house money if he gets traded. But If we trade him I'd rather package him up with more talent for a YOUNG arm and not for some aging talent on the mound and at the corner when both are system strengths right now....just doesn't make sense. 

Hes not house money...Hes Gonzo, or Kelly and Rizzo.

Id hold on to my pitching talent. there might be a couple names available for the right pitcher. But it would have to be something that makes complete sense for the next few years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree 100%. A general overview of the Sox prospects shows us with a nice top ten and a pretty deep system somewhat quantity more than quality orientated. 

There are some teams with very barren farm systems from top to bottom. Since will be having 40 man roster and rule 5 issues this winter, I think we need to be proactive and try and make some 2 or 3 for one deals to improve the quality of our young players and prospects over the quantity we have now.

The following players will be eligible for the 2013 Rule 5 Draft if they are not added to the 40-man roster by November 20, 2013:

Mario Alcantara, Michael Almanzar, Chris Balcom-Miller, Carson Blair, Xander Bogaerts, Bryce Brentz, Chris Carpenter, Garin Cecchini, Keith Couch, William Cuevas, Keury De La Cruz, Luis Diaz, Leonel Escobar, Derrik Gibson, Dreily Guerrero, Jeremy Hazelbaker, Jayson Hernandez, Chris Hernandez, Peter Hissey, Brandon Jacobs, Jeremy Kehrt, Aaron King, Aaron Kurcz, Juan Carlos Linares, Mario Martinez, Heiker Meneses, Boss Moanaroa, Nefi Ogando, Gerardo Olivares, Yunior Ortega, Oscar Perez, Rafael Perez, Mathew Price, Anthony Ranaudo, David Renfroe, Pete Ruiz, Felix Sanchez, Brandon Snyder, Alfredo Soto, Kyle Stroup, Francisco Taveras, Raynel Velette, Jose Vinicio, Kolbrin Vitek, Stefan Welch, Shannon Wilkerson, Brandon Workman, Madison Younginer

Yes, we may lose a few players to free agency, but we are kidding ourselves if we think Ben will fill all those slots with prospects:

C- Salty > Lava/Vazquez

1B- Napoli > (Carp) Almanzar/Middlebrooks/Bogaerts/T Shaw

SS- Drew > Iggy

3B- Middlebrooks/Iggy > Bogaerts/Cecchini

CF- Ellsbury > (Victorino CF> Brentz RF) JBJ

We will be signing several free agents or trading for 25 man roster players this winter.

I really like Webster and several of our other prospects very much, but if we can package a few of our prospects and get a young player or better prospect with many years of team control, I'd have to seriously consider it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Of course moon....it speaks volumes to our systems strengths that we pretty much HAVE to trade some guys or we will lose them anyways.  We can expect two things every July, Prospect trades and prospect promotions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hes not house money...Hes Gonzo, or Kelly and Rizzo.

Id hold on to my pitching talent. there might be a couple names available for the right pitcher. But it would have to be something that makes complete sense for the next few years.

[/QUOTE]

I know I was being subjective when i said that....There was a cost given up to aquire Webster.  I guess what I meant was it's easier to fall in love with your own prospects because you spend more time on them and know more about themk. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

With no additions via trade or free agency and no re-signings or extensions, here is our 4 man roster next year:

Projected 25 man (assuming Lester is not here):

Buch, Lack, Demp, Doub, Morales, Webster (AAA?), Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Miller, Aceves(AAA?) or Mortensen 

Pedey, Papi, Vict, Iggy, Lava, Nava, Carp, Gomes, Ross, JBJ, Brentz, Middlebrooks, Bogaerts

The other 15:

(Webster or Aceves), Wilson, de la Rosa, de la Torre, Workman, Ranaudo, Britton, Kalish, Bard (?), Holt, Vazquez, Cecchini, de la Cruz, Linares, Vinicio

Possible players dropped from the 40 man via trade or DFA: S Wright, D Butler, A Hassan, B Holt, P Beato, or B Snyder

Possible players lost to rule 5: Linares, Vinicio, de la Cruz or one from the list in an above post.

One way to look at it is like this: suppose Ben feels that Hassan and Hazelbaker are about as good as de la Cruz and that Holt and Beato are about as good as Vinicio and de la Torre, couldn't we imagine him trading de la Cruz, Vinicio an  de la Torre for a better prospect (that maybe does not need to be on the 40 man roster for 2014) or a servicable ML player for 2014? The "drop off" or percieved drop off from the players we traded to the ones we were now allowed to keep, may be less than the gain we get in the trade return.

On a larger scale, we could deal some top or mid ranged prospects or ML players in a package for 1 young player under team control beyond 2015. This would improve our team quality at the expense of a quantity that some may be lost anyways to roster constraints and Rule 5 this winter.

Sox4ever

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

To continue off of this....

Projected 25 man (assuming Lester is not here):

Buch, Lack, Demp, Doub, Morales, Webster (AAA?), Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Miller, Aceves(AAA?) or Mortensen 

Pedey, Papi, Vict, Iggy, Lava, Nava, Carp, Gomes, Ross, JBJ, Brentz, Middlebrooks, Bogaerts

The other 15:

(Webster or Aceves), Wilson, de la Rosa, de la Torre, Workman, Ranaudo, Britton, Kalish, Bard (?), Holt, Vazquez, Cecchini, de la Cruz, Linares, Vinicio

Possible players dropped from the 40 man via trade or DFA: S Wright, D Butler, A Hassan, B Holt, P Beato, or B Snyder

Possible players lost to rule 5: Linares, Vinicio, de la Cruz or one from the list in an above post.

Realistically, Ben is going to sign some players or trade for others. Let's assume this:

Ben takes Lester's option or signs a starting pitcher, even if just as insurance, in case Buch gets hurt or Doubront, Webster, Dempster or Lackey falter. Ben signs or trades for a coner IF'er, in case Middlebrooks and/or Bogaerts falter. Ben signs a 1B/OF'er in case Carp, Nava or an OF'er falters. Ben signs a CF'er in case Victorino or JBJ falter. That's 4 players added without looking to add a pen arm. I am pretty certain that Ben will add at least 3 players.

So, adding 3-5 players to the list above, you can see the crunch we will be facing. Now, it might be easy to make room for some of these additions by trading players like Aceves, Bailey, Morales, Mortensen, Miller, Gomes, Ross, or other 25 man roster players plus some of these: S Wright, Butler, Hassan, Holt, Beato, Snyder, Linares, Hazelbaker, de la Cruz, de la Torre, Vinicio, or Brentz.

It could look more like this:

+4 to 25 man roster:

Lester or FA SP

Corner IF'er

1B/corner OF'er

CF'er or Pen arm or vet catcher

and these other 21 (assuming  Aceves, Mortensen, :

Buch, Lack, Demp, Doub, Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, Breslow, Miller, (Morales or Webster)

Pedey, Papi, Vict, Iggy, Lava, Nava, Carp, Gomes, Ross, JBJ, (Middlebrooks or Bogaerts)

(+3) Brentz, Webster and Middlebrooks or Bogaerts are added to AAA (the "other 15") leaving just 12 slots for these players:

4 Cecchini

5 Ranaudo

6 de la Rosa

7 Vazquez

8 Kalish

9 Workman

10 Britton

11 Wilson

12 de la Cruz

13  de la Torre

14 Bard (?)

15 Holt (?)

DFA or Rule 5: Almanzar, Linares, Vinicio, S Wright, D Butler, A Hassan,  P Beato, Hazelbaker, Balcom-Miller,  B Snyder, or others.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think Aceves is traded....and I don't think De La Cruz has a chance in the world of being added to the 50 man.  besides that the list looks pretty accurate and plausible. 

Edit: I posted quick, think I misread your post.  I thought you were saying De La Cruz would be added to the 40.   But yes It will be interesting to see who they trade and who they keep.  I'm sure there are a few guys on that list they really like and also feel confident in keeping them by taking a chance and leaving them off the 40.