Trade...when do you think it happens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Trade...when do you think it happens?

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to looneyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty , Miller, Iggy and Bard for Ethier and Billingsley.

[/QUOTE] I would make that deal twice on Sunday if I were the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

That deal would require Ells--hold back Miller.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless the Sox get the right compensation back, I doubt that any trades will be made despite the roster being at 40 now that Uehara has signed officially.

As it stands right now, here's the 25 man roster for opening day:

1. Salty (C)
    2. Napoli (1B)
    3. Pedroia (2B)
    4. Drew (SS)
    5. Middlebrooks (3B)
    6. Gomes (LF)
    7. Ellsbury (CF)
    8. Victorino (RF)
    9. Ortiz (DH)
    10. Lester (SP1)
    11. Buccholz (SP2)
    12. Lackey (SP3)
    13. Doubront (SP4)
    14. Dempster (SP5)
    15. Bailey (CL)
    16. Uehara (BP2)
    17. Bard (BP3)
    18. Aceves (BP4)
    19. Morales (BP5)
    20. Miller (BP6)
    21. Breslow (BP7)
    22. Ross (C2)
    23. Kalish (OF4)
    24. Ciriaco (IF)
    25. Backup 1B/OF

Iggy, Lavarnway, & Melancon head to Pawtucket

The tradeable commodities would be Lavarnway, Miller or Morales (although I'd be hesitant to move him), & Melancon. If someone is looking for a defensive SS in the deal than adios Iggy.

With all that said I'd like to  move roster pieces and a prospect or two for someone like Kendry Morales...although he could change the entire look of the roster, playing 1B and OF, while Napoli could catch more. As a switch hitter Morales might be a nice offensive fit.

[/QUOTE]

Yup! That is easily a 95 win roster.

[/QUOTE]

Yup! You are easily a huge whiner.

[/QUOTE]

How about that. I post something positive and am accused of whining.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Not expecting a "big trade", myself, although it seems like a lot of teams are trying to one up the last biggest trade.  Would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Apparently Mazzarotti woke up today with your same thought.

Something big up Sox' sleeves?

With so many catchers and other trade chips, Mazz wonders if the Red Sox might be positioning themselves for a big offseason splash.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

"Dodgers are looking for a lefty reliever now. Salty, Brentz, Miller and Melancon for Ethier, mid-level prospect and cash."

Are you serious????????? Trade your best power hitting prospect, your best lefty reliever, and your starting catcher, for a 31 year old who can't hit lefty pitching? Glad you're not the GM!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Though some think the Sox don't have an over abundance of catchers, they have 6 on their 40 man roster if you count Napoli as a member of the team.They do seem to be gearing up for a trade,they have extra relief pitchers,extra catcchers,and extra infielders (with the exception of firstbasemen). My guess is that either on or near either Christmas or New Years day the Sox will make a move provided they can find what they are looking for in return for their stash of players. Some of the players are interesting guys,Bard,Breslow,Miller,Morales,Melancon,Aceves,Ciriaco,Nava,Kalish,Salty,Lavarnway,Iggy and if it gets really interesting Lester,Ellsbury and Middlebrooks might be thrown into the mix as possible trade bait. The two most intriguing acquisitions this off season  have been Uehara and Drew,as both of these guys allow the Sox tremendous flexibility in any trade situation. By the way for those who are wondering who the other two catchers are on the 40 man roster are they are Dan Butler and Christian Vasquez,Butler is a decent game caller and very good stick and Vasquez is an excellent defensive catcher with an absolute gun!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless the Sox get the right compensation back, I doubt that any trades will be made despite the roster being at 40 now that Uehara has signed officially.

As it stands right now, here's the 25 man roster for opening day:

1. Salty (C)
    2. Napoli (1B)
    3. Pedroia (2B)
    4. Drew (SS)
    5. Middlebrooks (3B)
    6. Gomes (LF)
    7. Ellsbury (CF)
    8. Victorino (RF)
    9. Ortiz (DH)
    10. Lester (SP1)
    11. Buccholz (SP2)
    12. Lackey (SP3)
    13. Doubront (SP4)
    14. Dempster (SP5)
    15. Bailey (CL)
    16. Uehara (BP2)
    17. Bard (BP3)
    18. Aceves (BP4)
    19. Morales (BP5)
    20. Miller (BP6)
    21. Breslow (BP7)
    22. Ross (C2)
    23. Kalish (OF4)
    24. Ciriaco (IF)
    25. Backup 1B/OF

Iggy, Lavarnway, & Melancon head to Pawtucket

The tradeable commodities would be Lavarnway, Miller or Morales (although I'd be hesitant to move him), & Melancon. If someone is looking for a defensive SS in the deal than adios Iggy.

With all that said I'd like to  move roster pieces and a prospect or two for someone like Kendry Morales...although he could change the entire look of the roster, playing 1B and OF, while Napoli could catch more. As a switch hitter Morales might be a nice offensive fit.

[/QUOTE]

Kendrys Morales was dealt to the Mariners for Jason Vargas. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the gluttony of catching and surplus infielders...we seem set for a trade. When do you think Ben makes a move?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure but don't count out another Dodger trade for Ethier "Pede"s buddy" or Upton.  Ethier's splits are a question mark but so are most of our other players.   My guess? Swisher or Ross and I will stick by my guns and say .... we don't make it past fourth place with our current SP, regardless.

Too many platoon players with average talent and once the injury bug strikes it will get even worse.  We better hope for few injuries and kids like Barnes and De La Rosa coming along quickly.

We need better pitching period!