Trayvon Robinson listed on Red Sox Roster - Mistake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Trayvon Robinson listed on Red Sox Roster - Mistake?

Take a look for yourselves: http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=bos

If the Red Sox somehow end up with Robinson, I'll be very happy. More likely than not, this is a mistake by someone at the website division of MLB Headquarters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Re: Trayvon Robinson listed on Red Sox Roster - Mistake?

I don't think that is a mistake.........speedy outfielder was one of the Dodgers' top prospects!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Duke, supposedly he was going to Seattle as a part of the Bedard deal. That's how everyone seems to be reporting it right now. Does MLB.com have it right and the sources are all wrong? One can hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

He has to be listed   so Sox could then trade him ..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well, from another thread I just saw it looks like he was moved as part of the 3 way trade....damn!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Would be nice   though trading  4 guys  for  2   .. Josh Fields was a great college itcher at Georgia  same team as Gordon Beckham   but   Bedard  if not signed is good for 8 weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Jacky, if Robinson is immediately going to Seattle, why list him on the Red Sox roster at all? I don't see any of the Red Sox prospects listed on the Seattle or LA roster pages. Curiously, Bedard is still listed as a Mariner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I don't think it's all been made official.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Red Sox  send  Fife Rodriguez and Federowich   to Dodgers   for Robinson   and then traded him to Seattle  with Hsien    for Bedard and Fields..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I know that's being reported, I guess I'm just confused by the procedural mechanism of a three-way trade. Are three-way trades really bilateral trades with one or both teams then flipping players to the third team in technically separate deals? Or can three-way trades be consumated directly?

In other words, with this scenario, are there two separate trades? Trade #1: Robinson to Boston for Federowicz, Fife, and Rodriguez. Trade #2: Robinson and Chiang to Seattle for Bedard and Fields? Or can all the moving parts be traded in a single transaction?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Maybe BILL can call theo and find out how that works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Each team's website has reported the trade:

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110731&content_id=22583020&vkey=news_sea&c_id=sea

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110731&content_id=22559672&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110731&content_id=22583878&vkey=news_la&c_id=la

... although the Dodger website does not have Trayvon Robinson being flipped from the Red Sox to the Mariners.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

It is  2 trades    --   Sox with Dodgers and then Sox with Seattle...  which is how they acquired and then traded Robinson.  ..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I believe Robinson is (was on LAs) on the 40 man roster, which would mean technically he's on the Sox roster before moving on to Seattle. None of the Sox prospects were on their 40 man roster, that's why they aren't listed. Someone like Reddick is, and the same would have happened had he been moved.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Trayvon Robinson listed on Red Sox Roster - Mistake?:
    [QUOTE]I believe Robinson is (was on LAs) on the 40 man roster, which would mean technically he's on the Sox roster before moving on to Seattle. None of the Sox prospects were on their 40 man roster, that's why they aren't listed. Someone like Reddick is, and the same would have happened had he been moved.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

That makes sense.  Glad folks are thinking of these things out loud.  It's how I learn stuff!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Trayvon Robinson is listed on Seattle's 40-man roster:

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=sea

... and has been removed from Boston's 40-man roster:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=bos

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Thanks for the explanation, guys. I had gone to the Red Sox roster to check who was designated for assignment in order to make room for Bedard, and saw Robinson on it, hence my confusion.