Tribute Picture Album: A Season To Always Remember:The 2013 Boston Red Sox World Champions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Tribute Picture Album: A Season To Always Remember:The 2013 Boston Red Sox World Champions

View image on HootSuite website

April, 2013

Red Sox Run Past Yankees for Opening Day Win in the Bronx

Red Sox postgame

"How you saw it today is how we can win a lot of ballgames... it was kind of all there really." -- Jonny Gomes on the win Gomes Will Power Will Middlebrooks 

Boston 13, Toronto 0

“Three homers, two streakers and about seven paper airplanes on the field. It was a crazy day all around." -- Will Middlebrooks postgame comments on WEEI

Daniel Boom

Daniel Nava home run 

"It was special just because it was opening day. I wasn't trying to hit a home run. It just worked out like that but to contribute and get us a lead in a tight game after Buck pitched well is something that I think anyone who stepped in the box in (that) situation was looking to do." -- Daniel Nava postgame

Feat of Clay

Boston 7, Houston 2

Red Hot Sox Have Won 10 of 13

"Last couple of years I've been a slow starter, so it feels good to be out there and have a little bit of confidence early on, and that helps a lot. Guys are playing well behind me. Things are going right." -- Clay Buchholz, starting like the '07 Beckett

Lack in the Saddle Again

John Lackey

Lackey, Ortiz Lead Sox to Sweep of Hapless Astros

Boston 6, Houston 1

Red Sox Have the Best Record in MLB on April 29

"It feels good. It's been a long time. It's been a lot of hard work to get back to this point and hopefully we can keep it rolling forward... The elbow's fine. I was relieved probably to know I'm going to get my next start, just to come out of it healthy more than anything." -- John Lackey on getting his first win since Aug. 23, 2011

May. 2013

Clay Nation

Clay Buchholz 

"A lot of those guys knew what was coming and still couldn't hit it." -- Red Sox catcher David Ross on Clay Buchholz

How Sweep It Is

Pedroia stays hot The Red Sox Ripped Off Five Straight

Pedroia Gets His 13th Extra Base Hit of the Season With Late Homer

That's the Lackey Theo Thought He Was Getting for $82.5 Million

"I wanted to go at least another inning. I was definitely frustrated a little bit not to keep going. But winning the game is all that really matters." -- John Lackey on his rain-shortened outing

John Lackey wins again

Lackey Walks on Water, And Strikes Out Eight Boston 8, Indians 1 | Back to Back Wins for Lack   Ells on Wheels Ellsbury steals five bags 

Jacoby Runs His Way Into the Record Books

Boston 9, Philadelphia 2 | Ortiz, Gomes Power Up in Philly

"The biggest thing is my work ethic, how much time I put [in]. With that builds confidence. I knew it was just a matter of time before hits start falling." -- Jacoby Ellsbury... Welcome to the season...

June, 2013

Texas Game Saw Massacre

It was a long night for the Rangers, who hold the best record in the American League.

And a Jackie Bradley Homer Boston 17, Texas 5  "I like my chances when we get 17 runs. It was just fun to watch the guys swing the bat as well as they did today. When you have breathing room like that, it is nice because you kind of fill up the zone a little bit more and try and get some quick outs." -- The Witty Ryan Dempster   Intentional Wallop David Ortiz hit his 11th career walkoff home run (his 10th with the Red Sox) to close Thursday's 6-3 win over the Rangers   Boston 6, Texas 3 | Ortiz Strikes Deep in the Heart of Texas    "They don't like to mess with Papi late in the game. They stopped doing that. In that kind of situation, pretty much most of the time it's either a walk or something else happens. I just keep my patience." -- David Ortiz on himself   LacKKKKKKKKKKKK to the Future John Lackey wins again   Boston 5, Colorado 3 Pedro Lackey Strikes Out 12, No Walks, ERA Drops to 2.99 "I've been feeling pretty good. I still feel like I'm getting stronger. It was a process, a lot of work, I'm still building... Jon [Lester] will be fine. Clay [Buchholz] has done great. I'm not worried about those guys. I've been the guy that has gone first in playoff games." --- Jon Lackey, 5-5 and rising     Red Sox win 50 Red Sox on a Role: Snyder, Diaz, Lavarnway Chip in for 50th Win Boston 5, Toronto 4  Fourth Time In Team History, Red Sox Win 50 Before July   7 Walkoff Wins in 84 Games for the Amazin' Red Sox “Any way you can get it done. At the end of the day, I’ll take an 0 for 5 with a walkoff win... Don’t doubt us. A lot of people doubted this team, but this team reminds me of some of the winning teams that I played on. The resiliency, playing 27 outs no matter how many runs you’re down.” -- Shane Victorino...   July, 2013 SHARKNAVA Sharknava  Boston 8, Seattle 7 | When Nava Attacks "I was trying to get on top of something and go back up the middle and that was it." -- Daniel Nava on the game winning hit   Magic Mike   Sox Walk Off with Win  After 4:46 of Nail-Biting Baseball, It Was Nap Time at Fenway   Boston 8, Yankees 7 | 9th Walkoff for Sox   "I had a chance to win it in the eighth -- to put a run across with a sac fly. That's what is so great about this game, you always get another chance. You've just got to keep going. You can't do anything about it... It’s a great feeling. You see us all out there going crazy and ripping each other’s jersey off. It’s fun. It’s a fun thing to do. It’s about winning. When you win a ball game, especially a tough game like that, up and down, it’s just a great feeling." -- Big Nap swinging for the fences   August, 2013   Nava Ending Story   bdd_redsox_080113.jpg    Walkoff City 8, Seattle 7 | Sox Roar Back for Magical Win With 6 Runs in 9th "I don’t think anybody saw that coming. You could see it happening, but it was still too far off." -- Rock Star of the night, Daniel Nava on the amazing comeback   All The Wright Moves      Jonny Gomes homers in the 6th      Boston 15, Houston 10 | Comeback Kids Crush Astros "Usually I can keep it within a certain area of the strike zone. [Lavarnway's] caught me before, and he’s done a really good job. And today it was all over the place and it makes it tough." -- Steven Wright left his catcher in a tough spot     This Is How We Drew It   Drew 3 run homer beats Astros   Red Sox Rally and Kick Astros, Again Boston 7, Houston 5   "Just a few pitches ended up being a two-run home run and a big double. I threw a lot of really good, quality pitches tonight. That's probably the best I've felt in a while. Unfortunately, I did not have much to show for it, but we got a win, so that's the most important thing." -- Ryan Dempster, looking for silver linings   Peavy Wonder   Red Sox starting pitcher Jake Peavy reacts as they defeat the Los Angeles Dodgers 8-1 in their game  Boston 8, Los Angeles 1 | LA Story: Sox Crush Dodgers   Peavy Takes Matters Into His Own Hands Salty, Victorino, and Napoli Flex Some Muscle on the West Coast Boston Improves to 13-5 Against Senior Circuit Sox Starters Put Up 1.17 ERA for the Trip "We're on the same level with those guys. I knew the day I walked into this clubhouse what we had here. And every guy, man for man, knows that we're capable of playing with anybody on a given day. It's just up to us to be prepared to do that." -- Jake Peavy on dominating Dodgers   Vic House   7 RBIs for Victorino  Boston 13, Baltimore 2 | Sox Cookin' at Home Ells, Vic, Pedey Go 9 for 13 to Lead 14-Hit Onslaught of O's "...There is no words for it, it's just one of those things, hey everything seems to be falling in right now and you just take it one game at a time. Tomorrow's a whole other day but I'm going to enjoy tonight." -- Shane Victorino, after a 7 RBI night at Fenway   Carp Diem Carp comes up big  Mike Seizes Moment, Punches in Winning Run in a Pinch   Boston 4, Baltimore 3 20th Win In Last At-Bat, 30 Come-From-Behind Wins "Sometimes it's all about placement. I didn't get a lot of it, but it's a funny game. You can hit a ball hard, guys were hitting the balls hard, but right at people. It just takes just one little squibber, one little jam shot to seal the deal." -- Mike Carp, clutch performer du jour   September, 2013   Les Is More   Les is More    Lester Outduels Scherzer, Tigers Can't Handle the Heat   Up the Middlebrooks 2, Detroit 1 | Lesterrific! in Playoff Preview  97 MPH, 9 Ks, And a World Serious Jon Lester on the Mound "I Got Outpitched. That Happens Sometimes," Max Scherzer “He just pounded us in with his cutter. He was totally different than the first time we faced him this season. We couldn’t do anything with him." -- Torii Hunter, via Detroit News   Slaughterhouse-Eight Jim Davis / Globe Staff   7 Sox Blast 8 Homers in Savage Attack of Tigers   Boston 20, Detroit 4 The Magnificent Seven: Drew, Ells, Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Nava, Lavarnway, Napoli Big Papi Belts 2 Homers, Moves Past Billy Williams in HRs and 2,000 Hit Mark "It was like lighting a firework... I see everybody happy. It’s like the fireworks just keep on coming." -- David Ortiz....   Magic Mike Carp Slam wins it in Tampa Bay  It's Carp Diem All Over Again
    Another Night, Another Biggest Win of the Year Boston 7,  Tampa Bay 3 Making More History: 7 Pinch-Hit Homers a New Club Record   “It’s tough any time you pinch hit in the big leagues. Just to get those opportunities all year long, we’ve been wanting them, kind of foaming at the mouth. I’m just excited to be part of something like that.” -- Magic Mike Carp   It's a Broken Record in Boston   Koji beard   But Mr. Koji Uehara Is Extraordinary

34 Straight Batters Retired, Another Red Sox Club Mark

Yankees Sunk

Yankees Sunk 

How Sweep It Is!

Boston 9, New York 2

BuchFarrell's Most Beloved Ballpark: Red Sox Win No. 50 at Home
    Hot Nava: 4 More Hits for Danielholz Picks Up Where He Left Off, Now 11-0

"It’s how we play. We want to win every game. We never settle for what [the lead] is. It’s 'Go for the next one.'" -- Salty on the Red Sox roll

Bubbling Over

Sox clinch AL East 

Ladies and Gentleman, The Boston Red Sox Are the 2013 AL East Champions

"It's time to put your hard hat on." -- Jonny Gomes, reminding everyone there's a lot of work to be done

High and Mighty

Big Night for Middlebrooks 

Sox 15, Colorado 5

Will Has The Old Stroke Back, 7 RBI a Career High

Into Thin Air: Boston's Batted Balls for 16 Hits in Coors Light Field

Ortiz Reaches 100 RBI Mark

Salty Chips In With 4 Hits, 3 RBIs

"When I'm hitting the ball well, it goes all over the place." -- Will Middlebrooks on his big night

October, 2013

Where There's a Wil, There's a Way

Photo caption goes here

Sox 12, Tampa Bay 2   Lesterrific!   "We all work together. We definitely work it 1-through-9, we don't sit around waiting for the three-run homer." -- The Great Jonny Gomest   Sox Run Wild Sox score on Wild Pitch     Boston Stings Rays to Advance to ALCS   Boston 3, Tampa Bay 1   "It all feels good. Obviously moving on. We knew it was going to be a tough series for us. This is a part of baseball that you look forward to, you train every off‑season for, you go to Spring Training, you look forward to these kind of times. Again, this is one step. We have two more to go. But it's always nice to be able to move on." -- Shane Victorino   Torii Spelling Victory Boston bounces back on Ortiz slam  Boston 6, Detroit 5 | Ortiz 4-Bag HR Brings Sox Back from Brink in Game 2   "... This game is tied! This game is tied! David Ortiz, David Ortiz, David Ortiz!" -- Dave O'Brien with the radio call on David Ortiz's game-tying grand slam   Power Nap Mike Napoli goes deep    Mike Napoli With the Shot Heard 'Round the World
    Resilient Red Sox With Improbable Game 3 Win in Detroit   Boston 1, Detroit 0   He's Lack in the Saddle, Again, Just Outpitching Justin Verlander in the ALCS   "Lack finally figured out that we're only going to give him one run. He learned from the whole year. Our pitching was unbelievable, and 'Nap's swing … it was a great win for us." -- Red Sox  Dustin Pedroia     The Shot Heard 'Round The World   Mike Napoli Goes Deep, Very Deep    Boom! Red Sox on the Brink of a Trip to the Series Boston 4, Detroit 3 | Red Sox Tame Toothless Tigers in Game 5 

"That ball should have had a stewardess on it." -- David Ross on the Nap bomb

"There’s probably a reason I don’t have any hair. It’s stressful." -- Dustin Pedroia

Life Is Grand

Red Sox ALCS Game 6 

Victorino Slam Cages Tigers
    Red Sox Win the Pennant

Boston 5, Detroit 2 |   Sox Punch Ticket to World Series

“The first thought was get enough air to tie the game and then I thought this could get up over the wall. All the emotions went through my mind. No disrespect if guys took it wrong, but I was definitely excited running around the bases. I hope they understand it was a special moment for me, for the city... It’s been a special year. We all battled, and special moments like this, you cherish it.” -- Shane Victorino eliminates all bunting questions in one historic swing

The MVP Is Koji's

Koji saves the day Red Sox Celebrate Pennant-Clinching Win

Red Sox Crush Keystone Cops in Game 1

Boston 8, St. Sloppy 1 | Lesterrific Against Hapless Cardinals

Red Sox DH David Ortiz hits a 2 run homer in the 7th to give the Red Sox a 7-0 lead

Game 4: Red Sox 4, Cardinals 2 on Gomes homer

Jonny Gomes of the Red Sox watches the flight of his three-run home run in the sixth inning of Game Four of the World Series against the Cardinals Sunday in St. Louis.

Game 5: Red Sox 3, Cardinals 1

Boston Red Sox starting pitcher Jon Lester throws during the first inning.

Game 6: Red Sox 6, Cardinals 1, Sox are World Champs

Jonny Gomes celebrates scoring on Shane Victorino (18) hits 3 run triple to score Ellsbury, Ortiz and Gomes in the bottom of 3rd.

Boston wins Game 6 of the World Series at Fenway Park in Boston vs the St. Louis Cardinals, 6 to 1.

View image on Twitter

soxgroup.jpg

View image on Twitter

Ben Cherington John farrell world series

Embedded image permalink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Tribute Picture Album: A Season To Always Remember:The 2013 Boston Red Sox World Champions

Embedded image permalink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Tribute Picture Album: A Season To Always Remember:The 2013 Boston Red Sox World Champions

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

lestertweet.jpg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Embedded image permalink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

View image on Twitter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

C58C0370.jpg