Trivia question on a dull day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Trivia question on a dull day

Which Hall of Fame candidate has World Series rings from 3 different teams?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Trivia question on a dull day

Jack Morris...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jack Morris...

[/QUOTE]

Twins-Tigers-Blue Jays.....................

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Schilling has 2 (D'Backs and RS) and has better stats than Jack Morris, pretty much across the board.

Morris gets a big no from me, for whatever thats worth (not much).  He just doesnt have HOF calibur stats (Career ERA+ of 105, career ERA of 3.9, career WHIP of 1.3).  It should also be noted that he retired before the steroid era.  There are many pitchers, who have much better stats, that pitched during the steroid era.  If Morris gets in then guys like Mussina, Schilling are automatics, and I think that's just too low of a bar for HOF.  

Morris is a no.  Schilling is an "on the cusp".

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Schilling has 2 (D'Backs and RS) and has better stats than Jack Morris, pretty much across the board.

Morris gets a big no from me, for whatever thats worth (not much).  He just doesnt have HOF calibur stats (Career ERA+ of 105, career ERA of 3.9, career WHIP of 1.3).  It should also be noted that he retired before the steroid era.  There are many pitchers, who have much better stats, that pitched during the steroid era.  If Morris gets in then guys like Mussina, Schilling are automatics, and I think that's just too low of a bar for HOF.  

[/QUOTE]

I knew people in the 70s  who were taking steroids. I wonder when the "steroid era" really began?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to pelosireturns' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I knew people in the 70s  who were taking steroids. I wonder when the "steroid era" really began?

[/QUOTE]

I think it began in 1987 for baseball.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.