True? Pedroia claimed that Ellsbury loves Boston and would love to stay there??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

True? Pedroia claimed that Ellsbury loves Boston and would love to stay there??

http://nesn.com/2013/11/dustin-pedroia-says-jacoby-ellsbury-loves-playing-in-boston-will-be-really-happy-if-outfielder-returns/

That is something positive to hear from Pedrioa talking about how Ellsbury feel about playing for Boston.

Maybe most of you could all be wrong about if Ellsbury really wanted out of Boston!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

Re: True? Pedroia claimed that Ellsbury loves Boston and would love to stay there??

One of the WEEI morning guys (either Dennis or Callaghan, but I can't remember which) said he was at Fenway for the ALCS and talked to some of Ells' family (although he said they had no idea who he was, but why would they?) and they said they wanted him to re-sign with the Sox as they know what he has in Boston, but doesn't know how he'd be treated anywhere else. Not sure if that would affect Ells decision one way or the other.  I'd like to see him stay, but would not like to see him receive any more than a 5 or 6 year contract.   As far as him being injured often, two of those injuries were just freak things and lets give him credit for getting back quickly after breaking his foot and playing hurt with some kind of hand injury.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: True? Pedroia claimed that Ellsbury loves Boston and would love to stay there??

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://nesn.com/2013/11/dustin-pedroia-says-jacoby-ellsbury-loves-playing-in-boston-will-be-really-happy-if-outfielder-returns/

That is something positive to hear from Pedrioa talking about how Ellsbury feel about playing for Boston.

Maybe most of you could all be wrong about if Ellsbury really wanted out of Boston!!

[/QUOTE]

People's childlike innocence regarding the zero chance of Ellsbury returning is kinda cute, really.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Zero chance that Ellsbury returns. You can thank Shane and Bradley for that, fortunately. 

[/QUOTE]

Bradley has little to nothing to do with Ellsbury. He is probably in AAA next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I'm sure he wpuld like to stay, but the Sox still have to pay him what he wants.  He will have over 100 million reasons to lvoe another team...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Bradley has little to nothing to do with Ellsbury. He is probably in AAA next season.

In fact, Shane and Bradley have everything to dow with Ellsbury being gone. Red Sox aren't going to turn down Beltran and gurantee Ellsbury 100 million plus. Won't happen, pal. 

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury may be gone but Bradley probably won't be here. If they sign Beltran it means Victorino is the starting CFer. You better hope the Sox don't sign Beltran.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to redsoxandguitars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In fact, Shane and Bradley have everything to dow with Ellsbury being gone. Red Sox aren't going to turn down Beltran and gurantee Ellsbury 100 million plus. Won't happen, pal. 

Bradley won't be in AAA for much longer, pal. Take a look at his numbers since he was called up in September. Once he knows that the yo-yo "push back his FA date" game is over, he will settle in and provide equal or better value than the guranteed gone Ellsbury. 

[/QUOTE]

isn't this like multiple screen names for you in the last few days Softy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I hope the Red Sox re-sign Ellsbury just to see good ol' softy's head explode. His subsequent incoherent ramblings will be epic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

Bradley won't be in AAA for much longer, pal. Take a look at his numbers since he was called up in September. Once he knows that the yo-yo "push back his FA date" game is over, he will settle in and provide equal or better value than the guranteed gone Ellsbury. 

[/QUOTE]

Really? From what ive seen of bradley his defense is average, his speed is average and he looks really overmatched at the plate......could that change? yeah it could but it also may never be better than what weve seen and in my eyes that is well short of what Els brings to the table...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

False.

Ellsbury is using Pedroia to try and foster Red Sox fans pressure on Red Sox ownership to guarantee a 100 million plus market to increase his market value. The Red Sox should express no interest in hopes of moving the Crawbust market precedent down so it improves the cost of future FA the Red Sox would get a value and fit on. 

What do you think this prima donna is going to say, I hated Boston and was mistreated and would like to remove Boston from the bidders for my FA auction. 

[/QUOTE]

Softy, 

Go find a dark closet and go hide permanantly. 

Hetch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree Venice. Jackie needs to show a lot more.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? From what ive seen of bradley his defense is average, his speed is average and he looks really overmatched at the plate......could that change? yeah it could but it also may never be better than what weve seen and in my eyes that is well short of what Els brings to the table...

[/QUOTE]

I don't think his defense will be an issue. He's shown in the minors that he's an above-average defender and made some nice plays back in April. There might be hiccups, but he's ready defensively.

As for offense, this is where the Pedroia example that many tried to use with Iggy really could be pertinent. Bradley has proven at every level that he can hit was was excellent in Triple-A last year.

So he could be like Pedroia in hitting below .200 in his cup of coffee this year and be OK next year once he gets consistent playing time.

I'm all for putting him in the outfield next year and be patient. I think this year's experience will be valuable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Ellsbury may be gone but Bradley probably won't be here. If they sign Beltran it means Victorino is the starting CFer. You better hope the Sox don't sign Beltran.

The fact that you used "probably" and even submit that Shane returns as the everyday CF'er is nothing short of idiocy. Beltran should be signed and put in LF, and if Bradley starts in AAA he won't be there long. No way Shane can last long playing CF everyday. In fact, he had problems staying on the field in RF. 

The OF should be:

LF Beltran

CF Bradley

RF Shane

Gomes can play some games in LF and Beltran can play some games in RF. Shane can play some games in CF. Nava should be rotating between 1st and the OF, with Carp traded. 

Bradley finished the season on the rise at the plate. He's a no doubter. 10 HR and a .374 OBP is too good for a CF'er in Pawtucket. He'll always be dumped on by Red Sox fans for obvious reasons.

Bottom line, no one in their right minds would guaranteed Ellsbury 100 million plus, turn down the draft pick and then waste Bradley away in AAA or puff him up as a good trade prospect when his own management has been playing games with his development. 

With Shane, Gomes and Nava and Bradley, management needs to add a draft pick and laugh Ellsbury and his 100 million plug guranteed demands all the out of town.

[/QUOTE]

You are confusing the issues. Bradley not being ready creates the neec for another OFer. This is the same Lavarnway is still in Pawtucket. Ellsbury who I haven't brought has nothing to do with Bradley. Bradley is a mid season call up, if that at his point. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Pedroia also stated that it was a text from Ellsbury asking him if he could play through his injury that inspired him to forego surgery and do so. The rest of the story you know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BoSoxfan56's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of the WEEI morning guys (either Dennis or Callaghan, but I can't remember which) said he was at Fenway for the ALCS and talked to some of Ells' family (although he said they had no idea who he was, but why would they?) and they said they wanted him to re-sign with the Sox as they know what he has in Boston, but doesn't know how he'd be treated anywhere else. Not sure if that would affect Ells decision one way or the other.  I'd like to see him stay, but would not like to see him receive any more than a 5 or 6 year contract.   As far as him being injured often, two of those injuries were just freak things and lets give him credit for getting back quickly after breaking his foot and playing hurt with some kind of hand injury.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they should be talking to Ellsbury's family while they are here. Especially, if the family doesn't realize they are talking to the media. That's just wrong all over the place. IMO

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think his defense will be an issue. He's shown in the minors that he's an above-average defender and made some nice plays back in April. There might be hiccups, but he's ready defensively.

As for offense, this is where the Pedroia example that many tried to use with Iggy really could be pertinent. Bradley has proven at every level that he can hit was was excellent in Triple-A last year.

So he could be like Pedroia in hitting below .200 in his cup of coffee this year and be OK next year once he gets consistent playing time.

I'm all for putting him in the outfield next year and be patient. I think this year's experience will be valuable.

[/QUOTE]

Actually he regressed after May, .256 in June, .224 July, .253 in Aug, He also struggled year before too, after All-Star break in Double AA.

Ellsbury jumped 3 levels in 07, and never looked back. 08 Starting CF, had a good Rookie year.