Trumbo...rumor to be moved for pitcher.........hope Ben stays away from this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Trumbo...rumor to be moved for pitcher.........hope Ben stays away from this

Mark Trumbo - 1B - Angels

Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that there's a "good chance" that Mark Trumbo will be traded at this week's Winter Meetings.

The Diamondbacks have been mentioned most prominently in trade talks, but Gonzalez hears that the Angels are engaged in talks with many teams. The thought is that the 27-year-old slugger will be moved for a pitcher. Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic hears that talks with the Diamondbacks are more focused on Tyler Skaggs than Trevor Cahill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Trumbo...rumor to be moved for pitcher.........hope Ben stays away from this

Pretty sure Napoli's return mercifully put an end to the chances of Trumbo-to-Boston, and other really bad ideas for first base.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Trumbo...rumor to be moved for pitcher.........hope Ben stays away from this

I don't see Ben going after Trumbo.  1B is set with Napoli and no room in OF.  Nothing is really forcing Ben to make the move.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see Ben going after Trumbo.  1B is set with Napoli and no room in OF.  Nothing is really forcing Ben to make the move.    

[/QUOTE]

While I agree that Trumbo will not be traded for now....it's not because we have no room in the OF.  Unless of course you think an outfield of Nava, Gomes, JBJ and Vic who does have injury issues is stellar.  I would LOVE to see them trade for a CF or LF who can do some damage at the plate and on the basepaths.  The loss of Ellsbury is going to be A LOT bigger than I think many here realize.  Losing the best leadoff hitter and best base stealer in the AL is pretty hard to replace.  And I hardly think a rookie that can't hit a curve or inside pitch is the answer.....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dempster and a non Top 10 prospect for Trumbo?  do it

Move Gomes and you can platoon Nava & Trumbo in LF and save a ton of dough.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dempster and a non Top 10 prospect for Trumbo?  do it

Move Gomes and you can platoon Nava & Trumbo in LF and save a ton of dough.....

[/QUOTE]

A non top 10 prospect and Dempster??  That would fetch us Trumbo's jock.  Dempster and a top 5 prospect?  yep....I'd do that....but they wouldn't do that either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

We are not very far off from having our own version of Trumbo (only younger, cheaper, and with nowhere to go but up)...

-Mark Trumbo in 2013 (678 PA): .234/.294/.453, 30 2B, 34 HR, 100 RBI, 184 K, 54 BB
    -Will Middlbrooks in 2013 (374 PA): .227/.271/.425, 18 2B, 17 HR, 49 RBI, 98 K, 20 BB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]Mark Trumbo - 1B - Angels

Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com hears that there's a "good chance" that Mark Trumbo will be traded at this week's Winter Meetings.

The Diamondbacks have been mentioned most prominently in trade talks, but Gonzalez hears that the Angels are engaged in talks with many teams. The thought is that the 27-year-old slugger will be moved for a pitcher. Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic hears that talks with the Diamondbacks are more focused on Tyler Skaggs than Trevor Cahill.[/QUOTE]

Napoli,  Nava,  Carp,  WMB,  Ortiz....   yeah,  pretty sure we got 1B covered.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'd use him in LF

but it matters not now, he just got dealt to AZ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Trumbo's off the board....

Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that the three-team trade that will send Mark Trumbo to the Diamondbacks is "done."

Finally some action from this week's Winter Meetings. We're still waiting on an official announcement, but Piecoro hears that Trumbo and two players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks while the Angels will receive Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago and Adam Eaton will be sent to the White Sox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The hevaily rumored three-team trade between the Angels, Diamondbacks and White Sox has been completed, a source tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. Mark Trumbo and a pair of players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks, Adam Eaton will join the White Sox and Hector Santiago and Tyler Skaggs are headed to the Angels (Twitter links).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The hevaily rumored three-team trade between the Angels, Diamondbacks and White Sox has been completed, a source tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic. Mark Trumbo and a pair of players to be named later will head to the Diamondbacks, Adam Eaton will join the White Sox and Hector Santiago and Tyler Skaggs are headed to the Angels (Twitter links).

[/QUOTE]

so if Paul Goldschmidt on the board?  Can we move Naps back to catcher?

It's nice to dream.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  hey A.M, i know he was your guy...guess you can officially call off the dogs...Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]Mark Trumbo - 1B - Angels

The Diamondbacks have been mentioned most prominently in trade talks, but Gonzalez hears that the Angels are engaged in talks with many teams. The thought is that the 27-year-old slugger will be moved for a pitcher. Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic hears that talks with the Diamondbacks are more focused on Tyler Skaggs than Trevor Cahill.[/QUOTE]

Hope you are not confused with him and Trout??  Trout play OF while Trumbo play at 1b or DH.

If Napoli isnt sign, Boston would have still be in the play for Trumbo.  But like everyone said, Napoli signed with Boston which mean Boston is not longer interested Trumbo!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  hey A.M, i know he was your guy...guess you can officially call off the dogs...Wink

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say he was my guy per se but I thought he'd be a good fit and made sense in several ways...He's become less a priority since Naps re-signed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

He is gone now!!  heading to ARizona via trade!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox former prospect Brandon Jacobs, who was dealt for Matt Thornton, is the additional prospect sent to Az in the Trumbo deal from the CWS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I am glad that we didn't bite on Trumbo, but this one portion of the deal perked me up:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1883943-winners-and-losers-of-3-way-mark-trumbo-trade-between-angels-white-sox-d-backs

The White Sox receive center fielder Adam Eaton, which could put the team in position to make another trade to free up space in a crowded outfield. 

We have traded with the white sox before, so I like the prospect of getting Alejandro De Aza in a trade to backup CF and be able to play all the outfield spots.  He has been a consistent hitter  and his numbers are great against left handed pitching and is a switch hitting outfielder.  Either that or a trade that would bring a similar player to Adam Eaton to the Red Sox would be ideal.