TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP

1) how many of you posters wished Mike a warm goodbye and went out of your to mention what a "good guy" he was....

2) how many of you guys corrected yourselves 6 weeks later when he was fired by the Mariners for assualting a flight attendent?

3) now how many of you same people are saying Josh was a good guy and not a problem in September?

Dont lie because I have the posts...

my answers are
    1) No
    2) N/A
    3) No

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP

I guess you have to focus your ire elsewhere since Francona's gone.  I see Beckett and Cameron are your favorite whipping boys now.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with having an opinion but I'm not sure why you think it's necessary to beat a dead horse with your repetitive postings.  What is the relevance of even bringing up Cameron again at this point??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

gee siesta...i wonder what the correlation is????? hmmmm...think hard now my friend...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I just didn't see Beckett and Cameron as good comparisons because of their reputations and my personal opinions of them but I think I see your point now. Cameron was always thought about as a good guy and true professional so that incident definitely tarnished his image. On the other hand, I've always thought Beckett was a jerk and don't think he was ever that universally admired.  The front office has made Beckett out to be a great worker and the leader of the staff but  I never really bought into that.  I think if you took a poll, there are a lot of us who root for Beckett because he's on the Sox but don't care for him personally.  I wouldn't be heartbroken if they traded him, but I also wouldn't dump him unless I could get equal value.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

siesta...pretty much flawless reasoning there...I concur...

but getting equal value after what he pulled and the hefty contract of his may be hard to do...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"but getting equal value after what he pulled and the hefty contract of his may be hard to do..."

That's why I think there's a 95% chance we'll see him in Boston next yr.Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP:
    [QUOTE]1) how many of you posters wished Mike a warm goodbye and went out of your to mention what a "good guy" he was.... 2) how many of you guys corrected yourselves 6 weeks later when he was fired by the Mariners for assualting a flight attendent? 3) now how many of you same people are saying Josh was a good guy and not a problem in September? Dont lie because I have the posts... my answers are 1) No 2) N/A 3) No
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    This is stilly most put thought Mike Cameron was what he was, many where upset over moving Ellsbury over. He was more the a guy at the right time then the right guy. Most people barely said anything when he was cut. Lets be clear most people where surprised when he YELLED at flight attendent. How does this have anything to do with Beckett? If Lackey was just a little better at any point of the season the Sox make the playoffs. While Beckett was a problem only a fool would say he was the problem. Youkilis was a huge problem but where are you killing him? Beckett was the same guy that won a ton of games, it was okay when the Sox where winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]1) how many of you posters wished Mike a warm goodbye and went out of your to mention what a "good guy" he was.... 2) how many of you guys corrected yourselves 6 weeks later when he was fired by the Mariners for assualting a flight attendent? 3) now how many of you same people are saying Josh was a good guy and not a problem in September? Dont lie because I have the posts... my answers are 1) No 2) N/A 3) No

C'mon. Get real here.  It's patently unfair to compare Beckett with a guy who assaulted a flight attendant.  Ok, you don't like Beckett.  We get that.  You're blaming him for the debaucle on September.  We get that too.  Many of us don't think it's fair but we get it that YOU do.

Here's the story with Beckett as I see it.  He's an overbearing jerk.  He's obnoxious and self-confident to the point of being arrogant.  

My guess is that he's also a fun guy to be around - as long as he's on "your" team. Most of us who've played any sports at any level have been around guys like Beckett and they're either loved or hated.  

No doubt he was a part of the chicken and beer thing in September, but for most of his career he's been a go-to guy, the guy we've wanted to have the ball in a pressure situation.  And like it or not, part of the reason we've felt that way is because of his.... obnoxious, overbearing attitude.  It's part of his make-up.  He goes out there and sneers, "I'm the man.  You've got to go through ME to beat this team." 

That makes him an important part of this staff and it's why you may as well get used to him because he's going to be there for at least one more year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Mike Cameron had a VERBAL arguement with a flight attendant. It was not a physical assault. The details never came out as to what was said and why. Perhaps the flight attendant dropped a cup of coffee on his lap.

Mike Cameron's reputation was that he was a "good clubhouse presence" and was well liked and respected on the teams that he played on.

Mike Cameron played with a hernia after arriving in Boston. He then had surgery and missed most of the season. I wanted Ellsbury to continue playing CF but I didn't have a cow over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Utica....assault is verbal....battery is physical

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball2006. Show baseball2006's posts

2) How many of you guys corrected yourselves 6 weeks later when he was fired by the Mariners for assualting a flight attendent?

Truth Check ... Cameron wasn't with the Mariners when the altercation occured. With that being said, how did "THE MARINERS" fire him? Maybe it's time for a "FACT CHECK".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

lol baseball....i stand corrected..to whatever team had him for five minutes...but i think you know what my point is....

when cameron was released, despite no one really knowing what his personality was, except from the usual pr dept, everyone went out of their way to say what a great guy he was....some were just being gracious, some were trying to save face for supporting the ells switch, and some actually believed for whatever reason that he was a stand up guy....

two months later and we have all these reports of how imbecilic the September hijinks were and Beckett's much documented role in it, and despite this people refuse to believe it...

we believe what we want to believe...some of us are just better at reading inbetween the lines...some are better at stats, some are good for nothing, right Piker??? BTW great job blaming the flight attendent for spilling some coffee on Mikey and being the cause of his release....your toolness knows no bounds....MLB players dont get released for accidents like that - what he did was obviously serious and dishonorable...but you're OK with that and have no problem lying again to make your point...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I never said anything about his character, just that he was a crappy ballplayer. I think my post history will bear that out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccfss. Show ccfss's posts

The Nats signed him to what will be his last contract (minor-league deal) and he will remain in trhe organization after 2012 to counsel young players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Cameron was released following an altercation with a flight attendant on the Marlins’ team plane:

Two sources on Wednesday gave the reason: Cameron got into a verbal altercation with a flight attendant on the team’s charter flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta on Sunday. The altercation did not turn physical, but the charter company filed a complaint. The Marlins’ front office believed it could not keep Cameron after the incident.

Surprising considering Cameron has always had a reputation as a good guy and well-liked clubhouse presence, but as Logan Morrison would probably tell you weird off-field drama seems to be one of the stories of the Marlins season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike, way to throw the flight attendent under the bus (or plane) on this one...classy, even for you...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The Google search turned up nothing about Cameron assaulting the flight attendant. Every article describes it as a verbal altercation.

The definition of assault is verbal with the intent to inflict physical harm. This  incident did not meet that definition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

so he was kicked off the team for verbally not assaulting her???? what???

you are an idiot...they filed a report against him....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Written by Garrett Wilson on 15 September 2011.

The same franchise that brought you Logan Morrison's "We Swear This Isn't About Twitter" Suspension embarrassingly proudly presents Mike Cameron: Released for Detrimental Conduct (in theaters now).

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Florida Marlins are back up to their old disciplinary tricks. This time the subject of their misguided wrath is veteran outfielder Mike Cameron, who was shockingly released earlier this week. This is the same Mike Cameron who is generally renowned for being a great teammate in the clubhouse and a class act in everyday life. Wow, he must've done something really bad to cause himself to get kicked to the curb with less than three weeks left in the season. A DUI? No. Beat someone up? Try again Drugs? Nope. Give up? How about this explanation as reported by the Miami Herald:

Two sources on Wednesday gave the reason (for the cut): Cameron got into a verbal altercation with a flight attendant on the team's charter flight from Pittsburgh to Atlanta on Sunday.

The altercation did not turn physical, but the charter company filed a complaint. The Marlins' front office believed it could not keep Cameron after the incident.

Nobody got killed. Nobody got hurt. Nobody even seems to have broken the law. Cameron merely lost his temper with a flight attendant.

Lock him up! Throw away the key! Fire up the electric chair!!!

Really, Marlins? That is the reason you publicly humiliated Mike Cameron and sent him off into retirement in such unceremonious fashion? I hate to seem cynical about this, but I can't imagine what Cameron could have said in this "verbal altercation" that was bad enough to have him released on the spot yet not bad enough to prompt a response other than a complaint from the charter company to the team and NOT the police.

This isn't to say that Cameron is totally innocent here. Obviously something unsavory took place on that flight, so I have no problem with Cameron being punished. But since it sounds like a minor offense, couldn't they have reprimanded Cameron in a less humiliating way? I am sure the Marlins would like to paint this as them making an example of a veteran like Cameron to show their young players that such behavior will not be tolerated, but in so doing, they also set an example of treating respected veterans like garbage, which is hardly something that will endear said youngsters to the franchise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP:
    [QUOTE]Pike, way to throw the flight attendent under the bus (or plane) on this one...classy, even for you...
    He yelled at her BFD.
    So you have NEVER verbally assaulted anyone? You have never yelled at anyone whether you were right or wrong?See we will neve know the true answer since you are not a celebrity/star/pro athlete. All of whom have the media all over them if they do anything nearing inappropriate.
    BTW almost every one I have heard before he came to the RS and ater he left stated he was one of the most liked people in MLB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball2006. Show baseball2006's posts

In Response to Re: TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRUTH CHECK....MIKE CAMERON LOVERS...TIME TO FESS UP : He yelled at her BFD. So you have NEVER verbally assaulted anyone? You have never yelled at anyone whether you were right or wrong?See we will neve know the true answer since you are not a celebrity/star/pro athlete. All of whom have the media all over them if they do anything nearing inappropriate. BTW almost every one I have heard before he came to the RS and ater he left stated he was one of the most liked people in MLB.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

What makes this even more of a non-story is that the flight attendant wasn't even a "HER". It was a male flight attendant!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

nice guys dont have complaints filed against them for assaulting a flight attendent....

but he really was such a nice guy...just like beckett....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

UticaChump keeps a sprinkler system on his roof that stays on 24 hours, causing water to flow down and over all the windows. He likes it this way, dreary. "Only happy when it Rains" Gargbage.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Georom and Burrito are incoherent and have low IQs. Never argue with idiots. You know the rest of the slogan. Burrito enjoys entertainment at the expense of truth, Notice how he stayed away from the facts of the above thread. Georom  is here to inflame and draw flies. A defacating cow can draw flies. Is that a skill?