Two gigantic errors by Iglesias when it counts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Two gigantic errors by Iglesias when it counts

I think Iglesias needs to get serious about his profession and maybe not let the lavish praise go to his head quite as much as it clearly has.  He is still brilliant, but just not that reliable.  Drew is way, way, way more reliable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Two gigantic errors by Iglesias when it counts

Two huge errors. He gave the Sox the series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Drew and Iglesias are a wash

It will be unfortunate to watch Iglesias play slick D year after year when Peavy has long since retired

but

We get 1.5 years of Peavy for him, he's a big upgrade to Dempster and for a team that hopes to contend next year as well is worth it. Who knows, Jake is only 32, he could be here past that.

If the Sox win the World Series and Peavy has a good start in game 4 this deal would be a similar 1 for 1 swap as Beckett/Lowell for Anibal/Hanley was as far as instant impact of older players while the younger ones are still kicking years later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

they didnt lose a step in defense when they traded Iglesias, even when Drew doesnt hit it is not a bad deal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Poor kid, I felt bad for the former RS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Good old Iggy. Glad manager Jim gave him a start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Iglesias needs to get serious about his profession and maybe not let the lavish praise go to his head quite as much as it clearly has.  He is still brilliant, but just not that reliable.  Drew is way, way, way more reliable.

[/QUOTE]

Wow.. hating huh?

Sox won be happy.  Their short stop is a good player who missed one... nothing else... don't get ahead oh yourself.   Drew made a huge play while his bat couldn't, while some here were bytching I might add.

Now off to the big one.. Go Sox!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Poor kid, I felt bad for the former RS.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't feel to bad for him..he's in the big leagues playing ball on a good club and making a couple million to boot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

God bless iggy. Errors happen, he is still a joy to watch and I wish him well 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I'm not going to bash Iggy.  He's a great defensive SS.  However, it is ironic that that he booted a ball that led to Victorino's slam, while Drew made a tremendous play that kept the Tiger's lead at that time to one run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not going to bash Iggy.  He's a great defensive SS.  However, it is ironic that that he booted a ball that led to Victorino's slam, while Drew made a tremendous play that kept the Tiger's lead at that time to one run.

[/QUOTE]

I'm very pleased.  I just don't see a lot of Iggy bashing as necessary or productive.  I think it is unfortunately the result of a small handful of posters worshipping non-stop at Iggy's feet. mostly because they were wrong about Drew., and some folks reacting to that.  We need to rise above the Iggy-baiting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I know he's flashy and a thrill to watch and all, but even when he was in the minors I was surprised by how many errors he committed in light of the high praise lavished on his defensive prowess.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bill was right, Iggy really was the key to getting to the World Series!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Drew and Iglesias are a wash"

not tonight they weren't. Drew made a huge play, Iggy made two key errors. 

Iggy is a great player and Detroit will be glad to have him going forward, but tonight is a good night for Cherington and a very rough night for softy and Iggy "prisoner of the moment" types...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know he's flashy and a thrill to watch and all, but even when he was in the minors I was surprised by how many errors he committed in light of the high praise lavished on his defensive prowess.

[/QUOTE]

Hey mex! Wish i couldve been in the room with u guys but I had a show tonight. It was awesome though. We had about 100 people watching at the club and we played shipping up to Boston after the grand salami.

as far as Iggy goes, i do kinda feel bad for the kid kickin the ball that allowed IVC to hit it out and then make the final out on a K. Drew makes a brilliant grab to save a run and end the inning. THAT is the main reason I was 100% against sitting him. His D has saved a few runs in the playoffs.

Bring on St. Louis!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Hey SP!  Yeah I missed being there too, wasn't in the room either, out watching the game in town.  What a game! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill was right, Iggy really was the key to getting to the World Series!

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha...that is priceless! It's so true!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Max, 

I usually enjoy reading your posts and agree with much of what you usually say, but why the need to dump on Iggy. How you read into him thinking he's not serious about his prefession, etc and where do you get the idea that praise has gotten to his head. Flashy he is but he always has been, at least when I've seen him. He's a confident defensive fielder who most likely knows how good he is, but so what. He's obviously worked hard to improve his hitting as well. In watching him in the playoffs he doesn't look like the same player we watched flounder at the plate so badly last year.

Ease up on Iggy and be cheerful for the Sox.

Hetchless  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Iglesias will end up saving far more runs than he allows due to errors. Fortunately, tonight he made a key mistake. I do not believe he will ever be an every day SS because I don't think he can hit the baseball well enough. Defensively he is a remarkable SS. Just glad he picked tonight to screw up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iglesias will end up saving far more runs than he allows due to errors. Fortunately, tonight he made a key mistake. I do not believe he will ever be an every day SS because I don't think he can hit the baseball well enough. Defensively he is a remarkable SS. Just glad he picked tonight to screw up.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it stinks for the kid, Pumps.  He'll be a great defensive SS.  The Tigers were bumbling a lot. The WP game winning run in Game 5?  And Fielder's running blunder was probably worse.  If I'm Leyland, I've got to be thinking how Fielder blew it a lot all series.

btw, this is "ipot." :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it stinks for the kid, Pumps.  He'll be a great defensive SS.  The Tigers were bumbling a lot. The WP game winning run in Game 5?  And Fielder's running blunder was probably worse.  If I'm Leyland, I've got to be thinking how Fielder blew it a lot all series.

btw, this is "ipot." :-)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know who you are IPOT. Too bad Sawxheads is down....I think they closed it. I couldn't watch the whole game since I was flying to Maui (where I am not), but I watched from about the sixth inning on. The Tigers made the mistakes while we made the plays. We will take the WS, I think. No one has better SP than the  Tigers, and we got past them. If the Cards win it will be an upset.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Love the diving stop by Drew, the get up and throw him out was spectacular.

I am so happy to be able to say, and I've already said it several times,  I was wrong about Drew's defense and range.

God love ya Stephen!