Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games

MLB.com link...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7767204/mlb-bans-cleveland-indians-ubaldo-jimenez-5-games-hitting-colorado-rockies-troy-tulowitzki

"Jimenez said he would not reach out to Tulowitzki. Earlier this spring, Jimenez revealed he was unhappy in Colorado before being traded to Cleveland last July. Tulowitzki later was quoted as saying the former All-Star should get over it."

To think, this kid was the talk of baseball not so long ago; starting pitcher in the All Star game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games

Last summer I wanted him in Boston so badly !
    Actually thought he could become another Pedro. I was FURIOUS at Theo et. al. for not getting him, not getting anyone really....unless one counts an injured Bedard.

As far as mercurial head cases who throw hard & inside and happen to be Latino, guess we'll have to settle for Padilla.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

What a great way to get more offense into the game. 8-) No more pitching inside, so it's either the heart of the plate or outside. Way to go MLB. ;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

A 5 game suspension doesn't mean much for a starting pitcher, especially early in the season when there are extra offdays. All he has to do is appeal the suspension, then drop the appeal after his first start. The No. 2 starter can start on regular 4 days rest on the day Jimenez would have pitched his second game, effectively giving Jimenez an extra day of rest between his first and second starts. That's not much of a punishment, nor does it adversely impact the Cleveland Indigenous Peoples.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

My roommate and I were talking about this today. Bob Gibson and Don Drysdale were glad to drill anyone that tried to take the inside part of the plate away from them, Pedro too for that matter. I say if a hitter is going to try to take the inside pitch away from the pitcher he needs to be ready to take a dive.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games:
    [QUOTE]What a great way to get more offense into the game. 8-) No more pitching inside, so it's either the heart of the plate or outside. Way to go MLB. ;-)
    Posted by xxxcrwn[/QUOTE]

Symptoms of "Chicken Little" syndrome.
    Suggestion: Read about the incident again. Read more slowly. Have someone read the story to you. Watch the video replay.
    Diagnosis: Reading comprehension issues with pre-conditioned thought seem prevalent here or if the subject saw the video get glasses.
    Prognosis: Excellent! Given the simplicity of the plot (former teammate goes berserk) and the incident's limited impact on the rest of the league (and pitchers will somehow stop throwing inside now?) even the opinionated can recover from "chicken-little" syndrome!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Was shocked to see this, being a former teammate of Tulo's.

Todd Helton's comment really tells a lot about the type of person Ubaldo is viewed as around the league... egocentric.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

Jiminez had a bad case of the jealousies, Tulo and Cargo signed mega deals, and Jiminez signed a much cheaper 4 yr deal the year before...then he whined about being traded, forget him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What a crock ... five games my assembly. That's one start for intentionally plunking a guy in the elbow, which could have put him on the DL for weeks.

Does Ubaldo at least have to go to bed without dessert?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games : yeah buddy but there was  more to this this had some exteam mate baggage with it and it was as much about his actions afterwards as anything but like davidap astutely pointed out it's really only 1 game
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]
    Is it true he pounded his chest after he hit Tulo, then charged him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]What a crock ... five games my assembly. That's one start for intentionally plunking a guy in the elbow, which could have put him on the DL for weeks. Does Ubaldo at least have to go to bed without dessert?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I bet if Tulo was hurt the supsension would have been worse.

1 start seems appropriate for this.  I mean if every pitcher who plunked a guy missed a start, guys would make 10 starts a year.  The are punishing Jimenez for his alleged motives hear, which is a slippery slope.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

plunks happen, but him leaving the mound was bush...Embarassed 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games : Is it true he pounded his chest after he hit Tulo, then charged him?
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius[/QUOTE] he was pounding his chest on his way to the plate... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ubaldo Jimenez suspended 5 games : I bet if Tulo was hurt the supsension would have been worse. 1 start seems appropriate for this.  I mean if every pitcher who plunked a guy missed a start, guys would make 10 starts a year.  The are punishing Jimenez for his alleged motives hear, which is a slippery slope.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

It is a slippery slope in most cases, I'll grant you, but not in this one. He was clearly throwing at Tulowitzki, and as someone else pointed out he pounded his chest and went after Tulo. I would have gone with two starts. And that Tulowitzki wasn't injured has nothing to do with Ubaldo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Tulo needs to get over it.