Umpire's bad call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Umpire's bad call

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jimdavis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's just like they say on Brain Games...The mind is trained to take short cuts.  The ump focused on the bag and he is used to seeing the ball caught and transferred, especially on this level.  So, when it didn't happen, his mind thought it did.  he needed the other umps not predisposed to making the call to actually see what happened.

[/QUOTE]

This has already been discussed.

[/QUOTE]

Everyone is giving their opinion, Steven. No need for that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think kimsaysthis should drum up some more garbage from our piss-poor "W" tonight and we can harp on these negatives until game time tonight.

[/QUOTE]

what's the matter, she's not in your frat.  I see someone put up a middy/boggie thread and it got deleted and there were a whole lot of snide remarks.  Yet when one of the boys put up the same thread, everyone perked up.   A little immature, grow up and stop the insults.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, 4040. :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think kimsaysthis should drum up some more garbage from our piss-poor "W" tonight and we can harp on these negatives until game time tonight.

[/QUOTE]

what's the matter, she's not in your frat.  I see someone put up a middy/boggie thread and it got deleted and there were a whole lot of snide remarks.  Yet when one of the boys put up the same thread, everyone perked up.   A little immature, grow up and stop the insults.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, 4040. :)

[/QUOTE]

you are welcome, I enjoy your post and find them informative

[/QUOTE]

Very kind of you. And I enjoy your posts, and your bravery. CoolSmile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh well, take game two, then cut their heart out a little at a time. If we lose tomorrow, things could get sketchy.

[/QUOTE]

They just got sketchy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh well, take game two, then cut their heart out a little at a time. If we lose tomorrow, things could get sketchy.

[/QUOTE]

They just got sketchy

[/QUOTE]

LOL. I'm shaking I'm so scared of the Cardinals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

its not as simple as "well they got it right in the end". I agree that demuth should be taken off the world series umping crew. There is no excuse for making such a big mistake on what was a blatainly obvious call. He was in as good of a position as you can be to make what should have been a pretty simple call. there is not one point where you could say "well maybe he caught it and dropped it" It literally went straight through his glove. no ifs, ands or buts. It makes you wonder where the umps intentions lye as well he makes a call like that. because no human being with 2 eyes could have possibly got that wrong. Ultimately what it comes down to is that fact that there is no room for mistakes like and its better to get rid of demuth now and prevent future mistakes from happening then just look at the end result of the call getting overturned. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They got together and made the right call, its really a non issue.

[/QUOTE]

Sooo you want this guy behind the plate? Again, that "get together" usually doesn't happen. They were even talking about how unusual it was for a reverse call in that situation. He made the call he wanted to make, not what actually happened right in front of him.

And yes, we won the game. But I still don't believe that umpire belongs there. If we lost because of that call, you'd be singing a different tune. IMO

[/QUOTE]

Here's the post I made about Dana Demuth, and my concerns about him winding up behind the plate at a future game. I just knew that wouldn't turn out well for the Sox. This guy is an idiot, and definitely has a favorite in this series.