Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs

Numbers that would almost satisfy some of our most dour fans ....

Last 100 matches, Hope Solo is 94-6.  55 shutouts ... better numbers than even Doc Hallady or Cliff Lee  combined...

One more win and the USA Women are World Cup Champs again.

Congrats, Hope.

GO USA!!

(I love the fact that the women have NEVER lost to France.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs

Hey Joel,

Remember when you lightly lamented needing to get a life after so many posts?

My answer was Sox are life PLUS other stuff...

How's this for proof?

Womens' World Cup and Red Sox ....

Commie Contrarian also gets into it ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Who is she? And what is the World Cup?Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs:
    [QUOTE]Numbers that would almost satisfy some of our most dour fans .... Last 100 matches, Hope Solo is 94-6.  55 shutouts ... better numbers than even Doc Hallady or Cliff Lee  combined... One more win and the USA Women are World Cup Champs again. Congrats, Hope. GO USA!! (I love the fact that the women have NEVER lost to France.)
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

In general, the French don't like us (or the British, see below) already. Now we're going to give them more fodder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

She's Han Solo's sister ...

You have to win the World Cup before you enter the Empire Cup ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs : In general, the French don't like us (or the British, seles gaule'sDee below) already. Now we're going to give them more fodder. http://www.youtubeCha.com/watch?v=895eSm4oQRw
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Ha!  I love it.  Monty Python ...

You are quite right about the attitude in general.  

I never quite understood Charles DeGaule's attitude toward the US.  We saved his life in WW II when Franc fell like an ice sculpture in thee desert, hid him in safety in north Africa until Paris was free, even gave him the opportunity to enter Paris before the armies that liberated it...and he always treated the US with towering disdain.   :o(

And of course, they have the only pure language ...  no more encroachments allowed by lesser languages ....   sheeeees ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Beldar Conehead was from France, you know ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

DeGaulles' disdain was very much the same as teenagers have for their parents...

It was an exciting game to watch, and Hope Solo would have had SO #56 if she had been able to see that one shot a tad earlier, or if it hadn't been drizzling rain the whole game, I think.

Since Star Wars happened in a galaxy far, far away, a long, long time ago, I think Hope is Han's great, great, great, great, grandaughter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I don't like Solo much but she and Wambach are the MVPs of that team. It will be interesting to see how they do against Japan. Japan beat Sweden 3-1 and Sweden has beaten the USA twice in the last 6 months. Japan had 18 shots on goal compared to Sweden's 4. Japan had 8 corner kicks compared to Sweden's 2. They are little players who would appear to have no business being on the field with Sweden but they kicked Sweden's fanny with their possession game. In a way, Japan has revolutionized women's soccer already.

It could go either way Sunday. The USA had better convert on some free kicks and corners because they will not possess the ball as much as Japan. Solo probably has to keep the score low to win that game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]DeGaulles' disdain was very much the same as teenagers have for their parents... It was an exciting game to watch, and Hope Solo would have had SO #56 if she had been able to see that one shot a tad earlier, or if it hadn't been drizzling rain the whole game, I think. Since Star Wars happened in a galaxy far, far away, a long, long time ago, I think Hope is Han's great, great, great, great, grandaughter.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Could well be about Scharlz (typing phonetically but probably incorrectly) you say.  I used to make jokes about the French military, but that does not include all Frenchman.  Without the Resistance/French Underground, D-Day would likely not have succeeded...   ok, I'll stop.  You already know that anyway, I'm fairly sure.  

#56 on Sunday.  Good number .... I took my first breath in '56.  Again I digress ...

I was going to do the proper time thing with Han and Hope ... but for once I kept it short.  I am making up for that with a vengeance now.   :o)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs :  attitude Ha!  I love it.  Monty Python ... You are quite right about the attitude in general.   I never quite understood Charles DeGaule's attitude toward the US.  We saved his life in WW II when Franc fell like an ice sculpture in thee desert, hid him in safety in north Africa until Paris was free, even gave him the opportunity to enter Paris before the armies that liberated it...and he always treated the US with towering disdain.   :o(       And of course, they have the only pure language ...  no more encroachments allowed by lesser languages ....   sheeeees ...

It wasn't only him; most of the nation feels that way. I was in France for about a month in '83 for work. The moment someone knew I was American, you could usually feel the attitude. Unfortunately, they're partly right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have been in France numerous times over the years and find that if you frequent the areas where tourists are(which of course we all do), then the French are Rude, as are New Yorkers in Times Square...but if you  stray into the neighborhoods, the people like Americans. The Franch leaders never like America because our politics in general differ with theirs and they think they should be the preeminent Workd leaders, not America. That said, if given the opportunity every American should go to Normandy and see the sacrifice many of our fathers and grandfathers gave or the horror they went through.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Let us not forget, too, that without France's help, we would not have won our independence from Britain.  That said, the French should give it up.  We more than returned the favor in WWI and WWII.

Back to Solo, I just loved Yaz's Star Wars references, since as I watched the game I thought the same silly things.  The games are generally way too long, but watching that second half I could not turn it off.  Looking forward to watching the second half of Sunday's game.  I hope it is close up until then, and also hope that Hope has shutout #56.  May the force be with her!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Japan's possession game hasn't saved them from going 0-11-1 vs the US. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

SOCCER----------a great way to kill grass.
    SOCCER----------a terrible way to kill time.

SOCCER IS                        borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Beldar Conehead was from France, you know ...
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

No Lloyd, I didn't know.  So I learned something .... so that makes it a good day. 

You know the old saw, "Any day you learn something is a day trolls will never have.  Er ...Any day you learn something is a good day."  Yeah, that's it'

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

CoolIn Response to Re: Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs:
    [QUOTE]SOCCER----------a great way to kill grass. SOCCER----------a terrible way to kill time.        SOCCER IS                        borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

My suggestion then is that you watch futbal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Why did I bring this back up?

Two reasons.  To back the USA Women's World Cup team .....

Tomorrow is the day!!!

Go ladies!

The other reason ... Miller and the Sox had a bad night ... ONE ... and the teeth started coming out, the slobbeing and back biting toward Miller, Tito and the Sox all started back.

Hope is 95-6, incredible.

The Sox are on the top of heap and ...

SSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNARRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

C'mon,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

People in France don't like us and I'm ok with that. Most of dislike is because each citizen of France is required to have, in their home or workplace, a complete set of Flags covering every nation on Earth, that could possibly invade and occupy them ( See War Films where french citizens are waving the flag of the Occupying or liberating nation moment after either event). That is a bunch of material to have just hanging around. I mean those Frechies are lined up in the streets and waving those Flags quicker then any fan of any Professional Sports teams in the US is, after winning a Championship !! I guess they blame us for that so I believe that is where all the dislike stems from... I may be wrong !! At Dinner one night with the possible in laws I Asked My Long Time ago girl friend's Mom, who is french, been in the country like 20 years and could barely speak a word of english, where she kept her Flags and explained what I meant by that, and needless to say I'm glad she didn't understand me to well (I think it was losing something in the translation)!! The Dad on the other hand, who is retired Military (They Met in France during the Libreration) couldn't stop laughing and nearly choked on his steak and said he never thought of it, even though he had seen the Flags first hand, but I may have been on to something !! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]People in France don't like us and I'm ok with that. Most of dislike is because each citizen of France is required to have, in their home or workplace, a complete set of Flags covering every nation on Earth, that could possibly invade and occupy them ( See War Films where french citizens are waving the flag of the Occupying or liberating nation moment after either event). That is a bunch of material to have just hanging around. I mean those Frechies are lined up in the streets and waving those Flags quicker then any fan of any Professional Sports teams in the US is, after winning a Championship !! I guess they blame us for that so I believe that is where all the dislike stems from... I may be wrong !! At Dinner one night with the possible in laws I Asked My Long Time ago girl friend's Mom, who is french, been in the country like 20 years and could barely speak a word of english, where she kept her Flags and explained what I meant by that, and needless to say I'm glad she didn't understand me to well (I think it was losing something in the translation)!! The Dad on the other hand, who is retired Military (They Met in France during the Libreration) couldn't stop laughing and nearly choked on his steak and said he never thought of it, even though he had seen the Flags first hand, but I may have been on to something !! 
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

LOL   that's great AL ...

I can't give you one better, but I will tell you about a girl I dated in HS while still in NH.  First night I went to the door to pick her up ... and this angry little man met me at the door speaking loudly in French.  Quite quickly, an aproned woman came up behind him, speaking French as well, and she tugged him away from the door and apologized and welcomed me in.   My little town had a French quarter, sorta like Quebec. The fella was born in NH.  Lived his whole life in NH.  But was raised FRENCH.  He could not stand "the English."   ... 

Now I am part French, but most people in that little burg were "some" or completely.  Heck, we even told French jokes instead of Italian or Polish jokes...

Sorry .... prolly boring ...

Still, that little crew cutted face with burning black eyes .... somewhere between scary and funny

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unrealistic, but true... 94-6 and 55 shut outs : LOL   that's great AL ...   I can't give you one better, but I will tell you about a girl I dated in HS while still in NH.  First night I went to the door to pick her up ... and this angry little man met me at the door speaking loudly in French.  Quite quickly, an aproned woman came up behind him, speaking French as well, and she tugged him away from the door and apologized and welcomed me in.   My little town had a French quarter, sorta like Quebec. The fella was born in NH.  Lived his whole life in NH.  But was raised FRENCH.  He could not stand "the English."   ...    Now I am part French, but most people in that little burg were "some" or completely.  Heck, we even told French jokes instead of Italian or Polish jokes...   Sorry .... prolly boring ...   Still, that little crew cutted face with burning black eyes .... somewhere between scary and funny

No,  that was good !! And here's to Lackey pitching a gem !! (Hope it's not Rhinestone)