Updated Scouting Report on Bryce Brentz by Bernie Pleskoff - MLB News Article

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Updated Scouting Report on Bryce Brentz by Bernie Pleskoff - MLB News Article

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another candidate for the OF with a good arm and a powerful bat. If he can cut down on his strikeouts and put together a good year for the Pawsox then he might be replacing Ellsbury in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

lets not say crazy things pike..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Updated Scouting Report on Bryce Brentz by Bernie Pleskoff - MLB News Article

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another candidate for the OF with a good arm and a powerful bat. If he can cut down on his strikeouts and put together a good year for the Pawsox then he might be replacing Ellsbury in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

lets not say crazy things pike..

[/QUOTE]

I thought that it was a foregone conclusion that Ellsbury will be traded. My heart wants us to keep Ellsbury but logic tells me to trade him. Didn't Rice and Lynn come up in 1975 and surprise everyone? If there was an Internet forum then, how many posters would have predicted that? Evans came up in 1973 and Fisk in 1972. Some farm system.

[/QUOTE]

its not a foregone conclusion to me.. Ells WILL be back in 2014. He is more valuable to us now and in the future than a couple of prospects will be. If we were getting a ToR pitcher then i would be down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Brentz is a RF'er anyway. Hes got a cannon for an arm and a power bat made for a corner OF spot.

WMB had/has K issues as well. I think K rates are overvalued anyway. Doesnt matter to me how you get out, your still out. Id almost rather a K sometimes than GIDP or something like that. Brentz OBP has been around .350-.360 throughout the minors, which tells me that although he has a lot of K's he still gets on base at a good clip. Better than WMB actually.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brentz is a RF'er anyway. Hes got a cannon for an arm and a power bat made for a corner OF spot.

WMB had/has K issues as well. I think K rates are overvalued anyway. Doesnt matter to me how you get out, your still out. Id almost rather a K sometimes than GIDP or something like that. Brentz OBP has been around .350-.360 throughout the minors, which tells me that although he has a lot of K's he still gets on base at a good clip. Better than WMB actually.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree on the K issue, and it's hard to put too much stock in any minor league numbers.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree on the K issue, and it's hard to put too much stock in any minor league numbers.

[/QUOTE]

What if a man is on 3rd with less than two outs? An infield grounder or a long flyball can plate a run, a strikeout gets you nothing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brentz will not be replacing Ellsbury, anymore than he will be replacing AGon. You don't have a clue about baseball, Pike.

[/QUOTE]

He probably meant Brentz to RF and Victorino to CF, but Bradley may nix those plans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Brentz will not be replacing Ellsbury, anymore than he will be replacing AGon. You don't have a clue about baseball, Pike.

[/QUOTE]

He probably meant Brentz to RF and Victorino to CF, but Bradley may nix those plans.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Pike doesn't mean much of anything.

If they had any confidence in Brentz for 2013, why on earth keep Ellsbury, sign Gomes and Shane. This management is so hysterical they simply react. They never have any foresight and just throw a bird from the nest, nor do they have a clue about the trade market. The FA they sign just highlight how they react to prior mistakes and neglect. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on trading Ellsbury this winter, as well as Breslow and Salty.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I was talking about 2014.

John Sickles ( see his thread) says this:

Jackie Bradley will be ready to hold down a center field job in 2014. Bryce Brentz may have some hiccups due to contact issues, but if they stick with him he should be a productive slugger. Bradley and Brentz alongside each other in the outfield in 2014?

[/QUOTE]

JBJ to AZ for PG

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Jackie Bradley will be ready to hold down a center field job in 2014. Bryce Brentz may have some hiccups due to contact issues, but if they stick with him he should be a productive slugger. Bradley and Brentz alongside each other in the outfield in 2014?

[/QUOTE]

JBJ to AZ for PG

[/QUOTE]

Jackie Bradley Jr to Arizona for a Pile of Garbage?

I don't agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JBJ to AZ for PG

[/QUOTE]

Jackie Bradley Jr to Arizona for a Pile of Garbage?

I don't agree.

[/QUOTE]

Paul Goldschmidt. and i woud definitely agree.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've heard right now from a reliable source that Brentz is viewed more as .220/.280 guy with 15-20 HR average defense with an average to above average arm.  Unless he seriously improves his patients at the plate that sounds like a second division starter to me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

JBJ to AZ for PG

The crowded Arizona outfield already has rookie centerfielder Adam Eaton, who is only 16 months older than Jackie Bradley. Eaton posted a .355/.456/.510/.966 line with 98 stolen bases in 1,451 minor league plate appearances while Bradley has posted a .311/.423/.473/.896 line with 24 stolen bases in 615 minor league plate appearances.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2012/09/11/20120911arizona-diamondbacks-preparation-key-rookie-adam-eaton-defense.html

I doubt the Diamondbacks have much interest in Bradley.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Can't find thetalks from before, but these guys aren't so high on him either.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2012/12/soxprospectscom-podcast-28-year-end.html?m=1

He can still push his ceiling, if he starts off 2013 strong with fewer strike outs and/or more walks.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JBJ to AZ for PG

The crowded Arizona outfield already has rookie centerfielder Adam Eaton, who is only 16 months older than Jackie Bradley. Eaton posted a .355/.456/.510/.966 line with 98 stolen bases in 1,451 minor league plate appearances while Bradley has posted a .311/.423/.473/.896 line with 24 stolen bases in 615 minor league plate appearances.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/articles/2012/09/11/20120911arizona-diamondbacks-preparation-key-rookie-adam-eaton-defense.html

I doubt the Diamondbacks have much interest in Bradley.

[/QUOTE]

school'd. thanks a lot hill.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not too much stock moon. but when a player can be successful in AA and AAA, you have to start thinking he has a better chance than not in MLB. I know they are still prospects and nothing is guarenteed, btut this is all we have to go on.