Valverde

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Valverde

When are the Tigers going to figure out that this guy can't pitch in the Post-Season.

10 earned runs in 13.2 IPs (6.59ERA), with 10 BBs. He does have 17 Ks but with a 1.68 WHIP.

If the Tigers are to win, they better hope Verlander can throw a CG!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Re: Valverde

Valverde absolutely stunk last night.

How about Reddick! 4 games post season .143, 8Ks and 2 hits! Wow! I wish the Sox could get such a clutch player like Reddick!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The post season is a high - pressure deal. I have seen better closers than Valverde spit the bit. It takes a lot of heart , in addition to the talent. Only the best can continually be successful. Valverde is lacking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about Reddick! 4 games post season .143, 8Ks and 2 hits! Wow! I wish the Sox could get such a clutch player like Reddick!

[/QUOTE]

Who started the game winning rally last night ? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reddick also had a home run off Benoit in Game 2 that was huge at the time, putting the A's ahead 4-3 in the 8th.  That's 2 big clutch hits in 4 games.  righty is being totally ridiculous now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reddick was fortunated to face Valverde!!!  Had Tigers's manager used someone else, Reddick would have no chance to get a hit

[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reddick was fortunated to face Valverde!!!  Had Tigers's manager used someone else, Reddick would have no chance to get a hit

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is there a manager anywhere who would not use his closer with a two run lead in the ninth ? Don't be ridiculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Dont get why most are wishing the worst for Reddick. To validate the trade?? I would get it if he left, (ie Damon) but it wasn't his doing. It's did and done and not playing well won't change it.  Why not wish him the best?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dont get why most are wishing the worst for Reddick. To validate the trade?? I would get it if he left, (ie Damon) but it wasn't his doing. It's did and done and not playing well won't change it.  Why not wish him the best?

[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you.  

I wish nothing but the best for the former Red Sox players (except for Damon and Clemens).  LOL

Reddick, Coco and Moss are doing well with the A's.  Moss batted .291 this year for the A's!

Scutaro batted around .360 with the Giants!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I read an article somewhere (I think it was in MLB.com) that said that Reddick watched the movie, "Moneyball" because he knew nothing about the Oakland A's.  LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

now, not only does he know, he's part of it. He was one of our own and wish him well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I don't know how we got from Valverde to Reddick but as long as we are now there, I think anyone in there right mind would have liked to have Reddick's 32 HRs, and before someone says he wouldn't have done that for the Sox consider this, he hit 18 of those at home in a pitcher's park.

Even is Kalish can ever stay healthy, he will never put the kind of numbers up that Reddick will, IMO.

Face it, all you defenders of Ben Cherington, we traded the wrong guy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I don't know how we got from Valverde to Reddick but as long as we are now there, I think anyone in there right mind would have liked to have Reddick's 32 HRs, and before someone says he wouldn't have done that for the Sox consider this, he hit 18 of those at home in a pitcher's park.

Even is Kalish can ever stay healthy, he will never put the kind of numbers up that Reddick will, IMO.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And maybe, just maybe he is a guy who will thrive in a small market but not in the fishbowl of Boston.  He wouldn't be the first.

It may well turn out to be a less than stellar trade.  It may turn out to be a great one for the Red Sox.  Ideally, it will turn out to be a good one for both sides.  But we aren't going to know any of that for another couple years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Is there anything you do not blame Ben on?

[/QUOTE]

The McKinley assasination.  He's still trying to link him to Kennedy's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Anyone who thinks Reddick would have put up the same numbers in Boston is deluding themselves. He would have been platooned, bouncing back and forth between Pawtucket and the parent club, not an everyday player. Also delusional is anyone thinking that Cherrington makes these decisions. Lucchino pulls the strings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Don't wanna be a "positive pat", but i liked seeing moss, crisp and reddick win last night.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

not to mention he didn't even try to hide his body language as Garcia muffed that Crisp base hit...there's no garauntee that he was going to throw Smith out anyway..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is there anything you do not blame Ben on?

[/QUOTE]

The McKinley assasination.  He's still trying to link him to Kennedy's.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's Garfield's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks Reddick would have put up the same numbers in Boston is deluding themselves. He would have been platooned, bouncing back and forth between Pawtucket and the parent club, not an everyday player. Also delusional is anyone thinking that Cherrington makes these decisions. Lucchino pulls the strings.

[/QUOTE]

Given the same number of PAs, the numbers would be close to the same.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Valverde is terrible.  It does seem like there are people here who want to see Josh fail. Seems like a nice guy. Low round pick from a small college who's mom & dad both did everything they could to help him succeed, easy guy to root for. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

There is one thing that Kalish is way better at than Reddick is, that's hitting the DL. Reddicks DL numbers are like Sweeneys HR total for 2012.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Detroit closer Jose Valverde did not look much better on Opening Day 2012:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/DET/DET201204050.shtml