Victorino wins gold glove

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

Re: Victorino wins gold glove

same here, if Jeter has a couple of them, then they dont mean as much; but Pedey is the best I´ve ever seen at 2b since Alomar; I dont even think Brandon Philips is any better than him...

its very cool that some rookies won it, and many first timers; since most years it´s only a popularity contest and many voters just vote for the name they´ve heard

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

He's been battered all season long, & is still ticking.  He's a gamer!  The guy would run through a wall for you to win a game.

HE also happens to be one hell of a RF'r, who gets better reads than J.D. Drew (which is really saying something), great jumps on the ball, excellent closing speed, and a hell of an arm!  Definitive GOLD GLOVER!  & one hell of a bargain, even considering time missed for injuries. 

What a pick up by BC!

Pedey?  He's ok

;)

Best 2nd baseman I've ever seen, bar none!  Any size!  Any speed!  Any 2nd baseman ever!  I pick Pedey every day of the week, & never look back!!!!  Never seen a guy play the game with such passion, excellence, & constantly surprising poetry.  If he weren't so damn good, he'd make one hell of a little league coach, teaching kids for decades what it actually means to surround a ball.  He leaves nothing to chance, & takes no play for grantid!  I'm convinced that his play is constantly overlooked because he always looks like he's trying so hard.  The uninitiated miss the majesty of his fundamentals.  It's a beautiful thing to watch.  FLASH..... i.e. Iggy pop is way oversold.  Too many mistakes.  They generally outnumber the flashy unbelievable plays.  PEDEY is the real deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

you guys should see then crying and the ranting on ESPN´s forums on the article about the gold gloves; seems like there is people who actually feels that Canó got hosed...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Agree-with-Dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There must be a hundred threads from last winter where forum regulars were bashing the Victorino signing. They were all confident, all knowing, and adamant that Cherrington was a bozo for signing him.  Have they admitted that as armchair GMs that they are only expressing their agenda ( trolling) and know very little about baseball?

[/QUOTE]

I admitted I was wrong.

I like Victorino and especially his defense, but thought the 3rd year was too long and his issues vs LHPs were troubling.

Not all of us who are occaisonally critical are trolls.

[/QUOTE]

I believe his issues were with RHP.  Shane has always murdered lefties.

He showed us why this year, too.  Shane is another switch hitter who probably should not be...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I reversed the hands.

Thanks.

Career:

.879 vs LHPs

.732 vs RHPs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Agree-with-Dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There must be a hundred threads from last winter where forum regulars were bashing the Victorino signing. They were all confident, all knowing, and adamant that Cherrington was a bozo for signing him.  Have they admitted that as armchair GMs that they are only expressing their agenda ( trolling) and know very little about baseball?

[/QUOTE]

I admitted I was wrong.

I like Victorino and especially his defense, but thought the 3rd year was too long and his issues vs LHPs were troubling.

Not all of us who are occaisonally critical are trolls.

[/QUOTE]

You may still not be wrong Moon. I too thought that the deal was a year too long, and I still do. Lets see what he does in year 3. If he is as good then as he is now then we both should admit we were wrong.

[/QUOTE]

If they win one of the next two games, then the deal is already a great move, as he is a huge reason why this team is where it is right now.  Cleveland offered him 4 years & more money, so the Sox weren't going to be able to land him on a 2 year deal.  I think the deal is already worth it, even if they don't win the Series, as this year has been great for most Sox fans.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Just like the Peavy deal. He went 4-1 and helped us get to the post season. Just what he was brought in to do. Vic was a huge part of getting this team where they are. The team Ben put together this year has by far passed expectations. If they win it all it will be the best re-tooling of any team at any time in MLB. 69 wins to World Champions? It could happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

congrats to Sox GG winners

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

One of the toughest Rightfields in Baseball. I vote it the toughest.

9. This post has been removed.