Wake want's to come back next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

Wake want's to come back next year

I just read Tim Wakefield wants to come back and pitch for the sox again. He wants to be the redsox all time wins leader which he is 7 away from. The question is, do you want him back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

Re: Wake want's to come back next year

good

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

This isn't exactly new news. He's been clear for a long time about wanting to pitch next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

He also the all time Red Sox loser by a long shot 168. I think hes got almost 50% more losses than any other Sox pitcher. Hes 11-18 the last two years. Its pathetic watching him limp out there. His "quest" for 200 wins seriously cost this team this year. If he had any dignity he'd quit. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

In Response to Re: Wake want's to come back next year:
    [QUOTE]He also the all time Red Sox loser by a long shot 168. I think hes got almost 505 more losses than any other Sox pitcher. Hes 11-18 the last two years. Its pathetic watching him limp out there. His 'quest" for 200 wins seriously cost this team this year. If he had any dignity he'd quit. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Agree with you all that Wakefield's requesting for the 200 wins may be one of the five reasons why the Sox colapsed. 

So the Sox now have a good excuse telling him that he got to move on or play for a different team!!

Let these youngster learn to become one of the rising star for the team!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]Moon will come chiming in soon with his WHIP numbers for a number 7 starter, and his low salary, etc.  None of that matters.  He is 45 years old and is what organization call a "blocker".   He is blocking someone with more upside potential from getting their full opportunity.  If we are going to have someone eat innings at a 5+ ERA, it might as well be towards either discovery or development of younger talent.  Wake will never be more than what he is now....and that is not good enough. 
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Well said. Anyone who argues with the statement above is an idiot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I do have a lot of respect toward the greatest knuckleballer.  I understand he simply wants to get those 7 wins and end his career as most wins in sox history.  First of all, even if he comes back next season, he's not going to be s starter.  not even a sopt starter.  We now have Aceves and Miller who could spot start or jump right into the rotation if one gets injured.  We also have Kyle Weiland, Felix Doubront, and Michael Bowden.  He's not going to win 7 times in a single season either as a starter or a reliever. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]I do have a lot of respect toward the greatest knuckleballer.  I understand he simply wants to get those 7 wins and end his career as most wins in sox history.  First of all, even he comes back next season, he's not going to be s starter.  not even a sopt starter.  We now have Aceves and Miller who could spot start or jump right into the rotation if one gets injured.  We also have Kyle Weiland, Felix Doubront, and Michael Bowden.  He's not going to win 7 times in a single season either as a starter or a reliever. 
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]I buy the Aceves argument BUT Miller is IMHO not a very reliable option at all. The pitcher has had control issues in Detroit, FLA and now Boston. The RS think so little of Bowden's ceiling as a strater that they have converted him to relief in AAA. Doubront is promising but a 2011 lost to injury certainly cost valuable development time.

But most all this is what people forget. The RS ended up using TEN starters last year. Right now the RS assuming Beckett, Lester, Lackey and Buch are opening day starters only have 4 defined starters. So one of your spot starters is already going to need to one of your list OR be acquired via trade or signing.

You know I read a lot about how the quest for 200 hurt the team so badly. But please tell me who was going to take those starts that was so remarkably better? I am personally quite sure if the RS thought they had that starter on the roster, he and not Wake would have pitched, 200 win be damned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Wakefield will get a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training to try and make the team.      Matsuzaka won't be back until late in 2012 if at all and the Sox need 5 starters.   It doesn't look like there's any pitcher in the farm system that's major league ready until 2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

what a soap opera this has become

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Aceves is not under contract for next year, he signed a one-year deal.  Now, he's a definite priority for the GM (whoever he is) to resign, but right now he's a free agent as soon as Wrold Series is over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Wake served the Sox well.  But it is time to give his spot to a kid, who will have upside the more he pitches.  Wake is a great guy, I mean him no disrespect at all ... but he blows more than balloons lately. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

IT WAS NOT WAKEFIELD'S FAULT THAT HE DIDN'T GET THE 200TH ANY SOONER! If I remember correctly, there were a couple of terribly blown saves. How is that Wake's fault? He is still a reasonable #5 or #6 guy. The problem we have is a manager who doesn't seem to know if and when to take a pitcher out. When Wake is on, he is on. But he can unravel quickly, and the manager must be ready to pull the plug. Besides, the other pitchers failed miserable to get the job done when they had opportunity. This one is on the trainers, managers, and coaches. They must find a way to motivate and prepare the team to play up to par! So much talent, what a waste!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

[QUOTE]Wakefield will get a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training to try and make the team.      Matsuzaka won't be back until late in 2012 if at all and the Sox need 5 starters.   It doesn't look like there's any pitcher in the farm system that's major league ready until 2013
    Posted by OnDeckCircle[/QUOTE]

I think that's the very most he should get, an invitation to camp. Given what the Sox need for shoring up the starting rotation, dealing with Dice K, middle relief replacing some dead wood and so on...you never know what happens over the off-season and what the team could look like going into next February.  If Wake turns out to be an option, the front office didn't work hard enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Aceves is not under contract for next year, he signed a one-year deal.  Now, he's a definite priority for the GM (whoever he is) to resign, but right now he's a free agent as soon as Wrold Series is over.
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]Technicaly that is only half accurate. Aceves is arbitration eligible and that makes him still under the RS control.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake want's to come back next year : Technicaly that is only half accurate. Aceves is arbitration eligible and that makes him still under the RS control.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

You beat me too it! He will go to arb and will be staying, I also believe he is very good friends with Agon now. Never count friendship out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake want's to come back next year : Technicaly that is only half accurate. Aceves is arbitration eligible and that makes him still under the RS control.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

through 2013, I believe. Had to laugh last night when ACE-ves was asked after the game if he would be available to pitch tonight....his response...if I wake up

Wakefield may end up being the Brett Farve of BB-doesn't know when to say when

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Wakefield's last outing was another dreadful start: 4 innings, 5runs, 5walks, 1 Home Run, 1 wild pitch and 1 passed ball. Forgot to look up the stolen bases but there usually in the mix as well. Hang up his number somewhere if you want to but please don't trot him to the mound anymore

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Nice to know he's putting the needs of the team before his own.

If he cared about the Sox he wouldn't have shown up looking like Santa Claus this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]He also the all time Red Sox loser by a long shot 168. I think hes got almost 50% more losses than any other Sox pitcher. Hes 11-18 the last two years. Its pathetic watching him limp out there. His "quest" for 200 wins seriously cost this team this year. If he had any dignity he'd quit. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Help him make the decision, release him! He's gone as a MLB factor!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Nice to know he's putting the needs of the team before his own. If he cared about the Sox he wouldn't have shown up looking like Santa Claus this year.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Not only Wakefield, but many of the Red Sox players should be in better physical shape.  Maybe they wouldn't have as many injuries. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The only way Wake should come back is if he buys a ticket to watch the games.  How long does it take to see the writing on the wall?  Sox game him 200...now give him a one way ticket out.