Wakefield Has Become Involved! Per Peter A-Ham

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Wakefield Has Become Involved! Per Peter A-Ham

They must have thought Wakefield had some value to add to the team, or he wouldn't be there.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Tim Wakefield also has become involved.

I would expect he'll be working with the young pitchers on conditioning and how to master more than one pitch. He also will provide leadership to the pitchers on how to sacrifice themselves by agreeing to do mop-up work between starts, and stay on the active roster by becoming the designated "innings eater". He also will work with them on the fundamentals of covering first and backing up throws from the outfield to the infield.

ROFL!  Yes!!!!! Glad you are back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

U also forgot that Wake will teach the pitchers to assume the fans deserve to see them on the mound even when they suck.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wakefield and Varitek back with the team.  It's a dream come true for ya Soft. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he will teach the art of conditioning to Felix D

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

They must have thought Wakefield had some value to add to the team, or he wouldn't be there.

..............and there are seven days in a week.  What is your point?   LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Softy you do realize he could even teach you much about MLB even with your vast working knowledge :0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yeah you know what still bothers me? the Panic of 1907....stupid Otto c. Heinz.  People say that I should just let it go, and it's completely irrelevant, and I'm an idiot, and it's in the past etc etc etc.....but they don't just understand.  People like me and you gotta stick together Softy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Yeah you know what still bothers me? the Panic of 1907....stupid Otto c. Heinz.  People say that I should just let it go, and it's completely irrelevant, and I'm an idiot, and it's in the past etc etc etc.....but they don't just understand.  People like me and you gotta stick together Softy!

Now that you mention it, I'm still quite irate about the enclosure act of 1773. :-)

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

And if Felix has issues staying on the diet wagon, Wastfield will teach him to waddle quickly enough to cover first and get the assist on any super slower baserunner.

They could also reactivate him to be their innings horse, and use him early in the season when the wind usually blows in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

And if Felix has issues staying on the diet wagon, Wastfield will teach him to waddle quickly enough to cover first and get the assist on any super slower baserunner.

They could also reactivate him to be their innings horse, and use him early in the season when the wind usually blows in.

not a bad plan. according to softy, pitching doesn't matter so i guess it doesn't really matter WHO we trot out there....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

They thought that Carl Crawford had some value to add to the team. Your point?

And, of course, Wakefield's long career with the Sox and success as a pitcher and Crawford with his injuries and difficulty playing LF are exactly the same thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

..............and there are seven days in a week.  What is your point?   LOL

My point is Softy always talks about how useless Wakefield was for the Sox. Duh.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.