was last night a new record for yankee pitching?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

was last night a new record for yankee pitching?

is that a new record for giving up 8 runs in 2/3's of an inning? I'm not trying to get into a pizzing contest. just wondering because Bartolo did not look like himself.

and please no smartass remarks about the HGH is probably wearing off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Re: was last night a new record for yankee pitching?

Six times in the last 25 years, the Yankees starting pitcher has allowed 8+ runs in an outing that lasted one inning or less.

2011-07-14  Colon
    2009-04-13  Wang
    2000-06-18  Hernandez (9 ER, 0.2 IP)
    1996-04-30  Pettitte
    1992-04-14  Jeff Johnson
    1989-09-26  Hawkins (just 0.1 IP)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: was last night a new record for yankee pitching?:
    [QUOTE]Six times in the last 25 years, the Yankees starting pitcher has allowed 8+ runs in an outing that lasted one inning or less. 2011-07-14  Colon 2009-04-13  Wang 2000-06-18  Hernandez (9 ER, 0.2 IP) 1996-04-30  Pettitte 1992-04-14  Jeff Johnson 1989-09-26  Hawkins (just 0.1 IP)
    Posted by thirtysomething[/QUOTE]

Wang ...seemed like such a good pitcher ... and now he's fallen off the edge of the world ... pity

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yeah yaz, I remember really hating wang because he absolutely killed us.

not to get off topic but me thinks that our starters are going to be coming back sooner than later. lester has started throwing from 60 feet with no side effects. jk! get it side effects? Buch says his back is feeling much much better and Josh is slated to take on the damn devilrays sunday. and I'm gonna make a prediction to you old friend. I'm gonna say that Lackey has a good game saturday. as for tonight! hey it's Millah Time.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: was last night a new record for yankee pitching? : Wang ...seemed like such a good pitcher ... and now he's fallen off the edge of the world ... pity
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Actually he might be pitching again for the Nationals by the end of the month:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/chien-ming-wang-is-really-making-a-comeback/2011/07/08/gIQArpCD3H_blog.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

With that effort last night by Colon and ARoids surgery, if I was a Yank fan, I would be getting a bit nervous about the second half of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]yeah yaz, I remember really hating wang because he absolutely killed us.

not to get off topic but me thinks that our starters are going to be coming back sooner than later. lester has started throwing from 60 feet with no side effects. jk! get it side effects? Buch says his back is feeling much much better and Josh is slated to take on the damn devilrays sunday. and I'm gonna make a prediction to you old friend. I'm gonna say that Lackey has a good game saturday. as for tonight! hey it's Millah Time.........
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

True dat, Hammah!ue for

:o)

I'll go backward.  I am delighted Miller showed up when he did.  I like him.  Heck, the Sox are 4-0 with him starting.  I think you're right about about Lackey.  If not tonight, then next one.  I think he's gonna give us 2 out of 3 good start from here on out.  Clay is gonna be well rested for the 2nd half.  Same is true for Lester.