Watch Crawford Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Watch Crawford Tonight

Theo mistake, but if he keeps up a confident approach like last night, the team will be in good shape for division and playoffs. AGon is not a concern, and is what makes the offense go. But Crawford is and has not been pulling his weight,let alone his contract.

I like what I saw from Crawford last night. He is a player who needs to dump the quiet approach and show more emotion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: Watch Crawford Tonight

In Response to Watch Crawford Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Theo mistake, but if he keeps up a confident approach like last night, the team will be in good shape for division and playoffs. AGon is not a concern, and is what makes the offense go. But Crawford is and has not been pulling his weight,let alone his contract. I like what I saw from Crawford last night. He is a player who needs to dump the quiet approach and show more emotion.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

CRAWFORD is drawn a lot like DREW.
    his contract is only twice as bad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I always pull for CC, I hope he homers again. Hell, I hope he hits 10 more before the reg. season is over. For cryin out loud, he owes the fans that, and his organization even more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Cater,
    I root for Crawford every at bat. He needs to show he can carry  this team when it needs him.  We need him tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

concord, the pressure is on. Let's see if he can handle the pennant race in September. I hope he can. I'm tired of the sulking, underperformer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Crawford does seem to be improving.  He has adopted the reverse pivot approach that is so effective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Watch Crawford Tonight:
    [QUOTE]concord, the pressure is on. Let's see if he can handle the pennant race in September. I hope he can. I'm tired of the sulking, underperformer.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

not sure but didn't he play on two division winning tampa teams...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

People need to drop the "tonight is the make or break game for Carl" approach.

The important thing is whether the team wins, less important is what an individual does.

The only stat that matters for me from this point of the season forward is wins, not who is "carrying the team." Whether it is Gonzalez, Crawford, Pedroia , Ellsbury or whoever.

You win as a team and you lose as a team, no pointing fingers.

Adopt this approach and good things will follow.

This goes for fans also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

I won't be able to watch tonights game.  Last night was 4 hours, and Beckett wasn't even pitching.  This one gotta go six hours.  These games are so long and slow they make my eyes bleed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Zillagod,
    I did not mean literally tonight, I meant we need him at this juncture in the nights to come.  Not just at bat on the bases in the field.  The team needs a boost that is long overdue from this once very effective player.  It's time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Watch Crawford Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Theo mistake, but if he keeps up a confident approach like last night, the team will be in good shape for division and playoffs. AGon is not a concern, and is what makes the offense go. But Crawford is and has not been pulling his weight,let alone his contract. I like what I saw from Crawford last night. He is a player who needs to dump the quiet approach and show more emotion.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Softy???   All good points!  & very positive to boot :)  Not one knock on any of our players???  :)

Don't go "soft" on us now! 

p.s.   James Traficant?  Politico???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  I thought Traficant was hysterical in Congress :)  Funny guy!   He got railroaded???   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]People need to drop the "tonight is the make or break game for Carl" approach. The important thing is whether the team wins, less important is what an individual does. The only stat that matters for me from this point of the season forward is wins, not who is "carrying the team." Whether it is Gonzalez, Crawford, Pedroia , Ellsbury or whoever. You win as a team and you lose as a team, no pointing fingers. Adopt this approach and good things will follow. This goes for fans also.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Well put. Nobody is carrying this team. AGONE is an MVP candidate, but his 2nd half swoon (compared to his first: 1.006 OPS 1st half/.856 OPS 2nd half) hasn't kept the team from playing at a high level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Still like to see him hit #2, I think he might surprise us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If Crawford is over paid, then at this point it's a sunk cost.  I'm not sure on the exact parameters of his contract and how much is guaranteed...but at this point the most important thing is he plays like the Carl Crawford of old.....and if he does that makes this team that much more dangerous. 

Softy is right, mistakes aside his play as of lately is very encouraging. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]If Crawford is over paid, then at this point it's a sunk cost.  I'm not sure on the exact parameters of his contract and how much is guaranteed...but at this point the most important thing is he plays like the Carl Crawford of old.....and if he does that makes this team that much more dangerous.  Softy is right, mistakes aside his play as of lately is very encouraging. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]It is all guarenteed. No options pumping up that figure:

Carl Crawford lf
    7 years/$142M (2011-17)
    • 7 years/$142M (2011-17)
      • signed by Boston as a free agent 12/11/10
      • $6M signing bonus (paid in $1M increments 1/10, 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1/10)
      • 11:$14M, 12:$19.5M, 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
      • no-trade protection:
        • Crawford may block deals to two clubs
        • if traded, club acquiring Crawford may not subsequently trade him to NY Yankees
      • award bonuses: $50,000 for All Star; $75,000 for ALCS MVP; $0.1M each for Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, WS MVP; $0.2M for MVP ($0.125M for 2nd in vote, $0.1M for 3rd, $75,000 for 4th, $50,000 for 5th)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

thats what I thougth katz....but I wasn't sure. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

look guys lets be honest, no matter how good crawford performs he still makes no sense for this team. he is a number 1/2 hitter not a number 3/4 like theo tried to sell us on before the season and not a 6/7 hitter where he usually bats now. and has tito or theo ever thought that the reason why crawford is doing so bad and has been unable to build confidence in himself is related to where he bats in the order? or the fact that when he was turning it around putting up much better number on a more consistent basis he was still forced to bat 6th/7th? not once did tito move him up in the order. its hard for a player to be confident in himself when he works hard to improve and a when he finally does improve, his hard work goes un-noticed. crawford is and always will be a mistake for the sox. he makes no sense for them. they already have ellsbury and pedroia in the 1/2 spots where both have performed well. why sign another player who fits int he same spots? yes he is a good defensive player but did we really need a gg left fielder when we play half our games in fenway which sports one of the smallest left fields in baseball? now i am sure some people will say that "hindsight is 20/20" and that its easy to criticize the crawford signing now given how bad he has been. but in reallity virtually all of the points i brought up as to why crawford did not make sense for the sox was evident and quite obvious before the sox signed him. theo knew what kind of player crawford was. and rather than taking the sensible approach and realizing that crawford was not a fit for the sox, he tried to sell us on crawford being a 3/4 quality hitter which is idiotic given crawfords career offensive numbers. its not hard to figure out that a guy who averages around 17-18 homers, 75-80 rbi and a batting average around .285-290 is not a number 3 or 4 hitter. what makes the crawford situation even more frustrating is that theo could have signed a guy who would have been a near perfect fit for less money than what crawford is making but yet for some reason made little effort to do so. that guy was matt holliday. i have yet to this day figured out why theo passed on him. he was as a good a fit as the sox were gunna find and he was a free agent during the same offseason in which bay hit the market. instead he signs john lackey to a contract that he did not deserve by any stretch of the imagination. the guy had one good year in a weak hitting division and suddenly at age 31 after coming off 2 or 3 injury plagued years lands a 5 yr 85 million dollar deal when the sox had no competition for him except maybe the mets who would have no doubt offered less money. had theo played his cards right, he could have ended up with matt holliday instead of crawford in LF and cliff lee instead of john lackey in the number 3 spot in the rotation. it continues to amaze me that a gm who makes so many inexcusable mistakes gets so much praise from sox fans and the media. given the amount of money he has at his disposal, he has done a very poor job of allocating it effectively. the sox are currently stuck with an 18.5 million dollar number 4 starter and a 20 million dollar number 6 hitter. but ya keep praising theo for the great job he has done and keep listening to excuses he makes for all the terrible signings he makes. first it was jd drew and his 30 home run potential which theo raved about, then it was john lackey and his bulldog mentality, then it was cameron and his great defense and how the team was taking a more defensive approach last year, and then it was his claim that crawford had matured into a number 3/4 hitter. heres a though for mr.epstein, maybe try picking up the players that actually make sense for the team and then you wont have to always justify the moves you make. thats how you know you made the wrong move when you have keep justifying it to everyone around you. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch Crawford Tonight : It is all guarenteed. No options pumping up that figure: Carl Crawford lf 7 years/$142M (2011-17) 7 years/$142M (2011-17) signed by Boston as a free agent 12/11/10 $6M signing bonus (paid in $1M increments 1/10, 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1/10) 11 :$14M, 12 :$19.5M, 13 :$20M, 14 :$20.25M, 15 :$20.5M, 16 :$20.75M, 17 :$21M no-trade protection: Crawford may block deals to two clubs if traded, club acquiring Crawford may not subsequently trade him to NY Yankees award bonuses: $50,000 for All Star; $75,000 for ALCS MVP; $0.1M each for Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, WS MVP; $0.2M for MVP ($0.125M for 2nd in vote, $0.1M for 3rd, $75,000 for 4th, $50,000 for 5th)
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Funny. I wonder if this is a first.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]I won't be able to watch tonights game.  Last night was 4 hours, and Beckett wasn't even pitching.  This one gotta go six hours.  These games are so long and slow they make my eyes bleed.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

GONE WITH THE WIND was 4 hours, and BECKETT wasn't even in it.
    with the YANKEES and the SOX, it's LAWRENCE OF ARABIA 18 times a year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watch Crawford Tonight : It is all guarenteed. No options pumping up that figure: Carl Crawford lf 7 years/$142M (2011-17) 7 years/$142M (2011-17) signed by Boston as a free agent 12/11/10 $6M signing bonus (paid in $1M increments 1/10, 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1/10) 11 :$14M, 12 :$19.5M, 13 :$20M, 14 :$20.25M, 15 :$20.5M, 16 :$20.75M, 17 :$21M no-trade protection: Crawford may block deals to two clubs if traded, club acquiring Crawford may not subsequently trade him to NY Yankees award bonuses: $50,000 for All Star; $75,000 for ALCS MVP; $0.1M each for Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, WS MVP; $0.2M for MVP ($0.125M for 2nd in vote, $0.1M for 3rd, $75,000 for 4th, $50,000 for 5th)
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

well, at least john henry won't have to pay him for "award bonuses."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]look guys lets be honest, no matter how good crawford performs he still makes no sense for this team. he is a number 1/2 hitter not a number 3/4 like theo tried to sell us on before the season and not a 6/7 hitter where he usually bats now. and has tito or theo ever thought that the reason why crawford is doing so bad and has been unable to build confidence in himself is related to where he bats in the order? or the fact that when he was turning it around putting up much better number on a more consistent basis he was still forced to bat 6th/7th? not once did tito move him up in the order. its hard for a player to be confident in himself when he works hard to improve and a when he finally does improve, his hard work goes un-noticed. crawford is and always will be a mistake for the sox. he makes no sense for them. they already have ellsbury and pedroia in the 1/2 spots where both have performed well. why sign another player who fits int he same spots? yes he is a good defensive player but did we really need a gg left fielder when we play half our games in fenway which sports one of the smallest left fields in baseball? now i am sure some people will say that "hindsight is 20/20" and that its easy to criticize the crawford signing now given how bad he has been. but in reallity virtually all of the points i brought up as to why crawford did not make sense for the sox was evident and quite obvious before the sox signed him. theo knew what kind of player crawford was. and rather than taking the sensible approach and realizing that crawford was not a fit for the sox, he tried to sell us on crawford being a 3/4 quality hitter which is idiotic given crawfords career offensive numbers. its not hard to figure out that a guy who averages around 17-18 homers, 75-80 rbi and a batting average around .285-290 is not a number 3 or 4 hitter. what makes the crawford situation even more frustrating is that theo could have signed a guy who would have been a near perfect fit for less money than what crawford is making but yet for some reason made little effort to do so. that guy was matt holliday. i have yet to this day figured out why theo passed on him. he was as a good a fit as the sox were gunna find and he was a free agent during the same offseason in which bay hit the market. instead he signs john lackey to a contract that he did not deserve by any stretch of the imagination. the guy had one good year in a weak hitting division and suddenly at age 31 after coming off 2 or 3 injury plagued years lands a 5 yr 85 million dollar deal when the sox had no competition for him except maybe the mets who would have no doubt offered less money. had theo played his cards right, he could have ended up with matt holliday instead of crawford in LF and cliff lee instead of john lackey in the number 3 spot in the rotation. it continues to amaze me that a gm who makes so many inexcusable mistakes gets so much praise from sox fans and the media. given the amount of money he has at his disposal, he has done a very poor job of allocating it effectively. the sox are currently stuck with an 18.5 million dollar number 4 starter and a 20 million dollar number 6 hitter. but ya keep praising theo for the great job he has done and keep listening to excuses he makes for all the terrible signings he makes. first it was jd drew and his 30 home run potential which theo raved about, then it was john lackey and his bulldog mentality, then it was cameron and his great defense and how the team was taking a more defensive approach last year, and then it was his claim that crawford had matured into a number 3/4 hitter. heres a though for mr.epstein, maybe try picking up the players that actually make sense for the team and then you wont have to always justify the moves you make. thats how you know you made the wrong move when you have keep justifying it to everyone around you. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

hopefully, next season theo will be 'justifying' to CUBS' fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I wondered the same thing.  I've always said that ONE of the reasons for the Sox signing him was to keep him away from the Yankees.  (Whether or not that looks like a good idea now is debatable).

It looks like something to prevent the Y's from obtaining him in a 3-way deal at some point. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

Sports must be the only job I can think of where the guys at work getting the job done big time and making nothing like the guys getting the millions get  very little done...and nobody is suppose to say anything.
    I think the frustration level would go way down if contracts reflect the what are you doing for me today and see me at the END of the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Sports must be the only job I can think of where the guys at work getting the job done big time and making nothing like the guys getting the millions get  very little done...and nobody is suppose to say anything. I think the frustration level would go way down if contracts reflect the what are you doing for me today and see me at the END of the season.  
    Posted by dollkuhn[/QUOTE]

actually, before curt flood's lawsuit that was exactly how baseball was run.
    great for the fans; not so great for the players.

the crawford deal will go down as the worst long-term contract ever given to a
    position ball player.