WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......

"LET ME BE CLEAR", AS MUCH OF AN ARM CHAIR OWNER, GM, AND MANAGER THAT I/WE ALL ARE, AND WE/I KNOW HOW/WHO TO CHEER & BLAME I CAN TELL YOU THAT I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES AS TIM SAID GOODBYE TONIGHT. 17 YEARS AT FENWAY IS A GENERATION AND WE CAN ALL MEASURE THE GROWTH AND CHANGES IN OUR OWN LIVES & FAMILIES....... GOD KNOWS WHAT RED SOX BASEBALL MEANS TO ALL OF US.......  TIM WENT OUT WITH A LOT OF CLASS AND CANDOR. IM SURE HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN WILL LOVE TO GET USE TO HAVING HIM HOME AND UNDERFOOT.  IM ALSO SURE, THAT AFTER A BRIEF REST AND A  LOOK AT THE WORLD, TIM WILL BE INVOLVED IN HELPING OTHER PEOPLE IN THE QUEST FOR A QUALITY OF LIFE THAT IS MEANINGFUL TO ALL......   AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, THAT TIM WAKEFIELD WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A TRUE RED SOXER, AND WELL DESERVED TOO" !!!   THANK YOU TIM !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......

YES, BIG CHANGES FOR SURE !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......

Sorry, Bill. This sounds hollow to me. 

Bashing to tears?

Please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bill....wake was a good sox player for a long time....but i believe you will miss him about as much as i will....not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......:
    [QUOTE]  "LET ME BE CLEAR", AS MUCH OF AN ARM CHAIR OWNER, GM, AND MANAGER THAT I/WE ALL ARE, AND WE/I KNOW HOW/WHO TO CHEER & BLAME I CAN TELL YOU THAT I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES AS TIM SAID GOODBYE TONIGHT. 17 YEARS AT FENWAY IS A GENERATION AND WE CAN ALL MEASURE THE GROWTH AND CHANGES IN OUR OWN LIVES & FAMILIES....... GOD KNOWS WHAT RED SOX BASEBALL MEANS TO ALL OF US.......  TIM WENT OUT WITH A LOT OF CLASS AND CANDOR. IM SURE HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN WILL LOVE TO GET USE TO HAVING HIM HOME AND UNDERFOOT.  IM ALSO SURE, THAT AFTER A BRIEF REST AND A  LOOK AT THE WORLD, TIM WILL BE INVOLVED IN HELPING OTHER PEOPLE IN THE QUEST FOR A QUALITY OF LIFE THAT IS MEANINGFUL TO ALL......   AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, THAT TIM WAKEFIELD WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A TRUE RED SOXER, AND WELL DESERVED TOO" !!!   THANK YOU TIM !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]Everybody is entitled to what they believe and feel. There were tears in my eyes as well. The difference is they were tears of joy. The one thing he said that I agree with is "it's best for the club". You can't believe for a minute that it was "his idea to retire".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......:
    [QUOTE]  TIM WENT OUT WITH A LOT OF CLASS AND CANDOR. AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, THAT TIM WAKEFIELD WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A TRUE RED SOXER, AND WELL DESERVED TOO" !!!   THANK YOU TIM !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Beckett = BAD, Wakefield = GOOD...yet I believe he was equally culpable in chickengate. Maybe if he and the others didn't sing about how much they like beer, chickengate may never have happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDKwpbkIpQ4&feature=related

Atta boy BC transform this roster!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, Bill. This sounds hollow to me.  Bashing to tears? Please.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]MOONMAN.....  SON, NOTHING HOLLOW HERE.... YES, THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF CALLING FOR HIS RETIREMENT AS THE OLD KNUCKLE BALL HAD SEEN BETTER DAYS.....  YES, THE SOX AND TIM HAD A VERY "WARM & FUZZY" CONTRACT OVER THE LAST 6 OR 7 YEARS.  HOWEVER, I AM MAN ENOUGH AND HAVE BEEN AROUND SPORTS (& RED SOX) LONG ENOUGH TO AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, GIVE CREDIT, WHERE CREDIT IS DUE" !!!!  AND THAT MOONMAN ( AND MY IDOL, SOFTLAW AKA HANK WILLIAMS)  IS WHAT IM DOING.  186 WINS WITH JUST A "FLOATER" IS QUITE THE FEET !!! WHAT SAY YOU, SPORTSFANS ????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU...... : MOONMAN.....  SON, NOTHING HOLLOW HERE.... YES, THE LAST 2 YEARS I HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF CALLING FOR HIS RETIREMENT AS THE OLD KNUCKLE BALL HAD SEEN BETTER DAYS.....  YES, THE SOX AND TIM HAD A VERY "WARM & FUZZY" CONTRACT OVER THE LAST 6 OR 7 YEARS.  HOWEVER, I AM MAN ENOUGH AND HAVE BEEN AROUND SPORTS (& RED SOX) LONG ENOUGH TO AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, GIVE CREDIT, WHERE CREDIT IS DUE" !!!!  AND THAT MOONMAN ( AND MY IDOL, SOFTLAW AKA HANK WILLIAMS)  IS WHAT IM DOING.  186 WINS WITH JUST A "FLOATER" IS QUITE THE FEET !!! WHAT SAY YOU, SPORTSFANS ????????

Yeah, it only took 17 years to get them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bill has never been the swiftest duck boat, but I think he was actually sincere in his appreciation of Wakefield.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Bill has never been the swiftest duck boat, but I think he was actually sincere in his appreciation of Wakefield.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, but do you think Wake would like to shake softy and BILL'S hands after all this belated praise. This reminds me of softy trying to claim Mikey was his favorite player ... after he retired. 

Sorry, I don't buy it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I

n Response to Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU...... : Maybe so, but do you think Wake would like to shake softy and BILL'S hands after all this belated praise. This reminds me of softy trying to claim Mikey was his favorite player ... after he retired.  Sorry, I don't buy it.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon, I know, too many fans have taken way too much time to rip Tim, and never really sat down and appreciated like a few of us here, his importance to a lot of things Red Sox...But Bill I'm sure was sincere in his post. Hard to accept sincereness from him, but he was trying, and that's a lot better than some who still wisecrack on Tim like he was a cancer here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I n Response to Re: WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU...... : Moon, I know, too many fans have taken way too much time to rip Tim, and never really sat down and appreciated like a few of us here, his importance to a lot of things Red Sox...But Bill I'm sure was sincere in his post. Hard to accept sincereness from him, but he was trying, and that's a lot better than some who still wisecrack on Tim like he was a cancer here.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]  LET'S JUST SAY THAT THE LAST FEW YEARS HIS MAIN JOB WAS TO "EAT INNINGS" FOR THE CLUB.....  DURING HIS TIME WITH THE SOX TIM WOULD DO WHAT EVER THE CLUB NEEDED.... WHEN THE "FLOATER" WAS ON AND HE GOT RUN SUPPORT (5/6/7/+) THEN HE GOT THE "W"........ AGAINST GOOD HITTING TEAMS, HE COULD HAVE A NO/NO GOING FOR THE FIRST 3 INNINGS AND THEN THE ROOF WOULD CAVE IN THE NEXT INNING.  HE DID STRETCH THEO'S/TITO'S ROTATION & THE PEN, SAVING ARMS TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY......  AND LAST YEAR WITH 90 WINS (AND WASN'T ENOUGH) YOU NEEDED TO LOOK AT ABOUT 10-12 OF HIS DECISIONS  (LOSS/NO DECISION) ALONG WITH THE SEPTEMBER TEAM SWOON AND YOU CAN SEE WHY THE SOX WERE PLAYING GOLF IN OCTOBER...........  MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT, HE HAD A GREAT RUN, A GREAT STORY FOR RED SOX NATION, A GREAT STORY FOR THE FUTURE YOUTH OF AMERICAN SPORTS......  HOWEVER, AS DAD WOULD SAY...."SON, TIME & TIDE WAITS FOR NO MAN" !!!   GOD BLESS TIM WAKEFIELD & THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Tim is a true class player. It is not an easy feat to be employed by a private company for 17 years, forget about playing that long for a sports team like the Redsox. No matter what we say about his value to the team, the management saw great value in keeping him for that long.

If any of you are mature enough and worked for a private company for that many years, my hats off to you. This guy gave it all and we all should keep personal bickerings aside and congratulate him, be thankful for what he was able to offer. He will for sure one of my favorite player and a person.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Tim is a true class player. It is not an easy feat to be employed by a private company for 17 years, forget about playing that long for a sports team like the Redsox. No matter what we say about his value to the team, the management saw great value in keeping him for that long. If any of you are mature enough and worked for a private company for that many years, my hats off to you. This guy gave it all and we all should keep personal bickerings aside and congratulate him, be thankful for what he was able to offer. He will for sure one of my favorite player and a person.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]  THATS A   B I N G O  !!!!!!  GOOD POST !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]  "LET ME BE CLEAR", AS MUCH OF AN ARM CHAIR OWNER, GM, AND MANAGER THAT I/WE ALL ARE, AND WE/I KNOW HOW/WHO TO CHEER & BLAME I CAN TELL YOU THAT I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES AS TIM SAID GOODBYE TONIGHT. 17 YEARS AT FENWAY IS A GENERATION AND WE CAN ALL MEASURE THE GROWTH AND CHANGES IN OUR OWN LIVES & FAMILIES....... GOD KNOWS WHAT RED SOX BASEBALL MEANS TO ALL OF US.......  TIM WENT OUT WITH A LOT OF CLASS AND CANDOR. IM SURE HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN WILL LOVE TO GET USE TO HAVING HIM HOME AND UNDERFOOT.  IM ALSO SURE, THAT AFTER A BRIEF REST AND A  LOOK AT THE WORLD, TIM WILL BE INVOLVED IN HELPING OTHER PEOPLE IN THE QUEST FOR A QUALITY OF LIFE THAT IS MEANINGFUL TO ALL......   AS DAD WOULD SAY.......  "SON, THAT TIM WAKEFIELD WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS A TRUE RED SOXER, AND WELL DESERVED TOO" !!!   THANK YOU TIM !!!

Yeah this coming from the guy who has been ragging on him for years and wanting him off the team....ha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WE BOSTON FANS ARE BLESSED WITH THE BEST, THANK YOU TIM WAKEFIELD, I/WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU...... : Yeah this coming from the guy who has been ragging on him for years and wanting him off the team....ha
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE] SON, T-BALL & LITTLE LEAGUE ARE ALL ABOUT SELFESTEEM.......  MLB IS ABOUT PRODUCTION.... TIM HAD A GREAT RUN, YA WANT TO LEAVE IT AT THAT ???   OBTW.....  ONLY THE LAST 2 YEARS, SMART LIBERAL ONE !!