We need Felix Hernandez; Seattle needs offense-make your best offer.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: We need Felix Hernandez; Seattle needs offense-make your best offer.

Try Clay and your entire minor league system. Boston just doesn't have the impact prospects to pull this off. There is some talent there, but not enough to get Hernandez.

If NY gets into the ALCS and Texas throws the three lefties, then Jesus Montero will have a chance to shine. And if he does, do not be shocked if he is part of a big trade with Seattle to bring Hernandez to NY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

In Response to Re: We need Felix Hernandez; Seattle needs offense-make your best offer.:
    [QUOTE]Try Clay and your entire minor league system. Boston just doesn't have the impact prospects to pull this off. There is some talent there, but not enough to get Hernandez. If NY gets into the ALCS and Texas throws the three lefties, then Jesus Montero will have a chance to shine. And if he does, do not be shocked if he is part of a big trade with Seattle to bring Hernandez to NY.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

In the short time Montero has been up with the Yanks he has already increased his high value.  To be honest, I don't want him to be traded anywhere but if it happens so be it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have no problem with Felix, Betances and Hughes going to Seattle for Montero. It does mean taking on a big salary, but Felix is worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

In Response to Re: We need Felix Hernandez; Seattle needs offense-make your best offer.:
    [QUOTE]I have no problem with Felix, Betances and Hughes going to Seattle for Montero. It does mean taking on a big salary, but Felix is worth it.

If it happens it happens but Montero is gonna be a beast, if we get Felix or keep Montero either way it is good for the Yankees.

Though a rotation including CC, King Felix and Nova sounds good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

That would be nice if we could convince Seattle to part with Felix and not have to give up Montero. I mean anything is possible; Boston got Gonzalez without parting with their top minor league prospect. But I would imagine that if this happened, Seattle ownership would fire there GM the following day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

[QUOTE]That would be nice if we could convince Seattle to part with Felix and not have to give up Montero. I mean anything is possible; Boston got Gonzalez without parting with their top minor league prospect. But I would imagine that if this happened, Seattle ownership would fire there GM the following day.

Oh that would be really nice, Cashman would be a hero but I don't see that happening.  A lot of clubs have taken notice of Montero's potential and talent, he'd be a tough chip to hold on to in a major trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

If Seattle is going to be overwhelmed start with an MVP finalist like Ellsbury and Buch. That's as far as I would go.
    If we went further I would like to see Furbush come back to New England with possibly Figgins, as a salary dump.

So--Ells, Buch and a prospect for
    Felix, Furbush and Figgins.

Ells and Buch for Felix is the main event.

Furbush looked solid as a Lefty reliever with the Tigers--the M's have tried to make him a starter--he has had TJ surgery already.

Figgins could be a nice leadoff or #2 behind CC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

If Seattle needs offence we have some to send to make things happen or open the gates for talk but the Red Sox are already filled with talent and look what happen.

I am not an expert on trade values but maybe Seattle is under pressure to make a big move then why would a team release an ace pitcher what the situation with Suz. he is 38 yrs. old and may want a shot for a world series.

Maybe the Mariners will try to trade Ichiro before making a move with Hernandez. Good starters is hard to come by but money talks in baseball.

The Yankees and Red Sox are always willing to spend money but with Boston's cleaning house with Francona, 1st base coach and Epstein rumours as of late. If Epstein does go then this may just be the beginning of cleaning house.

JD drew is now an FA and Big Papi w/o a contract and if a new general manager
    takes over the the Sox Nation we as Sox fan could see players on the way out. ie beckett youk papelbon for some draft picks and prospects.

Money will not guarantee a world series or play off position, the Yankees are going to a gm. 5 and Red Sox roster is at home watching baseball in October.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]If Seattle is going to be overwhelmed start with an MVP finalist like Ellsbury and Buch. That's as far as I would go. If we went further I would like to see Furbush come back to New England with possibly Figgins, as a salary dump. So--Ells, Buch and a prospect for Felix, Furbush and Figgins. Ells and Buch for Felix is the main event. Furbush looked solid as a Lefty reliever with the Tigers--the M's have tried to make him a starter--he has had TJ surgery already. Figgins could be a nice leadoff or #2 behind CC.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

So we trade our 2 best young players on the team for a pitcher who shows up every 5th day and may or may not have his best stuff that day...pretty big investment if you ask me! Don't forget to ask for Eric Wedge too...I'm sure Seattle would love to throw him in also.

Plus, please, please, please do not go anywhere near Chone Figgins...this guy is an extremely overrated 'nothing' player who is in his mid-30s.

This type of trade would throw the Sox deeper into the abyss.

BTW, let's ask our Yank fans who tried to intercept this topic - can you please have that conversation on a Yankee board because we don't need to hear your foolish proprosals for Felix here?...we have enough of our own.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Come on Soxdog - it is just conversation by two everyday members of the BDC community. And there ae no outlandish proposals here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]Come on Soxdog - it is just conversation by two everyday members of the BDC community. And there ae no outlandish proposals here.

hey jessey, who is this 'null' character?? One day he shows up pretending to be Law and today he's Mickey from the Bronx? I think Cybil's psychiatrist is still around and can really help him.

Alternatively, maybe this null guy is LAW and he finally came out of the closet to admit he was a Yankee fan all along.

Either way, he is a tool!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Trading Elsbury one the best lead offs we had in some time would be my last option.  I would rather see papelbon and beckett leave boston and keep Youk as DH and back up third and first. Beckett and Papelbon can get the sox some good young prospects.

Starting Line Up
    :

Els CF, Pedroia 2B, Gonzelez 1B ,Youk DH, Crawford LF, Scutaro/Iglesias SS, Reddick RF, Lowrie/Acevez 3B, Stal./Lavarnway C

Rotation:

Lester Lackey Bucholtz Bedard (prospect)

The sox need to work on defense more then offence

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Figgins could be a nice leadoff or #2 behind CC

You are kidding, right? Quite possibly the worst free agent signing in the history of baseball, yes, worse than Lackey. Where would this egotistical, .189 hitter going to play? Oh yeah, 3rd....no, Youk is there. Ah, 2nd, hmmm, I think I'll take Pedey over Chone Figgins.

Geez. Oh, I get it, you are a Yankee fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]If Seattle is going to be overwhelmed start with an MVP finalist like Ellsbury and Buch. That's as far as I would go. If we went further I would like to see Furbush come back to New England with possibly Figgins, as a salary dump. So--Ells, Buch and a prospect for Felix, Furbush and Figgins. Ells and Buch for Felix is the main event. Furbush looked solid as a Lefty reliever with the Tigers--the M's have tried to make him a starter--he has had TJ surgery already. Figgins could be a nice leadoff or #2 behind CC.

Nice idea, but I don't think Seattle goes for that trade. Ells had a great season no doubt but Buch was injured for a good part of the year. Seattle has said that they don't want to trade Felix and if they do, they can probably do better than that deal. We should just hold on to Ells. Hopefully he can repeat this season next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]BTW, let's ask our Yank fans who tried to intercept this topic - can you please have that conversation on a Yankee board because we don't need to hear your foolish proprosals for Felix here?...we have enough of our own.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]
    If Seattle makes Felix Hernandez available in a trade, the Mariners will accept offers from more teams than just the Red Sox. It would not be prudent to examine the situation in a vacuum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Ells and Buch for Felix is the main event.
    The Seattle Mariners no doubt would get older with that trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416657. Show user_4416657's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We need Felix Hernandez; Seattle needs offense-make your best offer. : hey jessey, who is this 'null' character?? One day he shows up pretending to be Law and today he's Mickey from the Bronx? I think Cybil's psychiatrist is still around and can really help him. Alternatively, maybe this null guy is LAW and he finally came out of the closet to admit he was a Yankee fan all along. Either way, he is a tool!
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

I'm not Law and never have been.  There are many of us named "Null" around here, had you been paying attention you would have noticed that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

soxdog

the null I am chatting with here is Mikeyinthebronx. P-Zac also has become null, plus another 2 or 3 other posters. I am not sure as to why or how that happened.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

[QUOTE]Try Clay and your entire minor league system. Boston just doesn't have the impact prospects to pull this off. There is some talent there, but not enough to get Hernandez. If NY gets into the ALCS and Texas throws the three lefties, then Jesus Montero will have a chance to shine. And if he does, do not be shocked if he is part of a big trade with Seattle to bring Hernandez to NY.

Nooooo!!!! Anyone but Montero. That kid is going to be really good. But he need to play another position if even possible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We need Felix Hernandez; Seattle needs offense-make your best offer. : I'm not Law and never have been.  There are many of us named "Null" around here, had you been paying attention you would have noticed that.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Mikey/Jessey, I did not realize that BDC was identifying different posters under the one screen name of "null".

I guess I was not paying attention enough to even consider that the site would allocate a single screen name to multiple posters. Although I did notice that the attitude of the different 'null' posters made me think that he had multiple personalities.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

mm - that is why Montero is perfect to trade. Yes, I agree, he will be a monster of a hitter, but I am not sure if he can cut it at catcher. He definitely cannot be an outfielder and 1b is out as we have Tex. DH is being held to cover A-rod and Jeter. There is just no place for him on the Yankee roster as it is constructed right now.

So Montero is the perfect bait on the lure to get a pitcher who will dominate for another 6 or so years. And trust me, NY would still have to part with Betances and I am sure Seattle will ask for Nova, but hopefully would take Hughes or Chamberlain instead.