WELFARE SCHILL files for bankruptcy and has the feds on his case! he owes between 100-500m! should he leave ESPN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

China invests $30B / year in solar.  Obama was trying to keep solar manufacturing jobs in the US.  That seems a lot nobler goal than say, Halliburton, who received a $7 billion no-bid contract to fabricate expenses and contribute to the gulf oil spill.  Obama was never CEO of Solyndra, by the way.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

Commie

Is what you are saying that: the rich get welfare, but the middle class gets dumped on? How dare you! How un-American! You should be investigated by the FBI. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]China invests $30B / year in solar.  Obama was trying to keep solar manufacturing jobs in the US.  That seems a lot nobler goal than say, Halliburton, who received a $7 billion no-bid contract to fabricate expenses and contribute to the gulf oil spill.  Obama was never CEO of Solyndra, by the way.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Obama fund raiser George Kaiser expressed his concern to the president about China's subsidies for its solar panel companies.[33] Kaiser was a $50,000 - $100,000 contribution bundler for the Obama campaign in 2008.[34] His family foundation held about 36.7 percent of the company.[35] Kaiser made 16 visits to the president’s aides since 2009, according to White House visitor logs[35] but denies having lobbied for Solyndra.[33]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? :  Obama fund raiser George Kaiser expressed his concern to the president about China's subsidies for its solar panel companies. [ 33 ] Kaiser was a $50,000 - $100,000 contribution bundler for the Obama campaign in 2008. [ 34 ] His family foundation held about 36.7 percent of the company. [ 35 ] Kaiser made 16 visits to the president’s aides since 2009, according to White House visitor logs [ 35 ] but denies having lobbied for Solyndra. [ 33 ]
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Here's my wiki paste ...

Halliburton has become the object of several controversies involving the 2003 Iraq War and the company's ties to former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney. Cheney retired from the company during the 2000 U.S. presidential election campaign with a severance package worth $36 million.[40] As of 2004, he had received $398,548 in deferred compensation from Halliburton while Vice President.[41] Cheney was chairman and CEO of Halliburton Company from 1995 to 2000 and has received stock options from Halliburton.[42]

In the run-up to the Iraq war, Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion contract for which 'unusually' only Halliburton was allowed to bid.[43]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : Here's my wiki paste ... Halliburton has become the object of several controversies involving the 2003 Iraq War and the company's ties to former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney. Cheney retired from the company during the 2000 U.S. presidential election campaign with a severance package worth $36 million.[40] As of 2004, he had received $398,548 in deferred compensation from Halliburton while Vice President.[41] Cheney was chairman and CEO of Halliburton Company from 1995 to 2000 and has received stock options from Halliburton.[42] In the run-up to the Iraq war, Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion contract for which 'unusually' only Halliburton was allowed to bid.[43]
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I used wiki to show how ridiculous your comments were and continue to be.

Your points about halliburton prove what? That iraq needed to be rebuilt?

Who else in the world was up for the job Solyndra? Should we have awarded the contract to a chinese or Russian company?

I would venture to say Halliburton employs hundreds of thousands of Americans world wide.

This is kind of like the demonization by this current administration of the oil industry who currently employs 9 million Americans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

listening to republicans carp on Obama about his economic policies when GWB inherited a govt expenditure surplus and then gifted billions to rich folks and his war buddies is laughable...

it will take at least 12 more years to fumigate W Bush's economic, political, and foreign policies from the land...he is the

WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER.

Historians are already having a field day with his economic programs that led directly to the worst meltdown since the Great Depression. The fact that he litrerally vacationed his way to the 9-11 tragedy and did nothing to heed warnings, and then attacked the wrong country for pol reasons, and then failed to kill Osoma after 8 years is exactly the reason that makes him what he is...see above...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]listening to republicans carp on Obama about his economic policies when GWB inherited a govt expenditure surplus and then gifted billions to rich folks and his war buddies is laughable... it will take at least 12 more years to fumigate W Bush's economic, political, and foreign policies from the land...he is the WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER. Historians are already having a field day with his economic programs that led directly to the worst meltdown since the Great Depression. The fact that he litrerally vacationed his way to the 9-11 tragedy and did nothing to heed warnings, and then attacked the wrong country for pol reasons, and then failed to kill Osoma after 8 years is exactly the reason that makes him what he is...see above...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Obama's budget was voted down in the US senate yesterday 99-0 and in the house a few weeks ago 414-0.

Not one Democrat vote..

Don't know where you guys go for your news but Obama is in trouble just look at the polls for registered voters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]listening to republicans carp on Obama about his economic policies when GWB inherited a govt expenditure surplus and then gifted billions to rich folks and his war buddies is laughable... it will take at least 12 more years to fumigate W Bush's economic, political, and foreign policies from the land...he is the WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER. Historians are already having a field day with his economic programs that led directly to the worst meltdown since the Great Depression. The fact that he litrerally vacationed his way to the 9-11 tragedy and did nothing to heed warnings, and then attacked the wrong country for pol reasons, and then failed to kill Osoma after 8 years is exactly the reason that makes him what he is...see above...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

This isn't a defense of W but I'm still not convinced he would pass LBJ as worst president ever. LBJ set the standard for lying about a war, mismanaging a war, getting the U.S. into the wrong war -- at least Bush got rid of Saddam -- and that's not even getting into the bloated gov't he created.

The only two things LBJ did positive was some Civil Rights Legislation -- I'll give him all the credit in the world for that -- and get the Kennedy Tax Cut bill passed in 1964, which served as the model for the Reagan tax cut bill. Of course, LBJ went on to squander with his social legislation and the Vietnam War all the benefits that the tax cut bill gave the country.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : I used wiki to show how ridiculous your comments were and continue to be. Your points about halliburton prove what? That iraq needed to be rebuilt? Who else in the world was up for the job Solyndra? Should we have awarded the contract to a chinese or Russian company? I would venture to say Halliburton employs hundreds of thousands of Americans world wide. This is kind of like the demonization by this current administration of the oil industry who currently employs 9 million Americans.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Solyndra's failure was unfortunate for Obama and the country.  It's going to be very hard for the US to have any sort of foot-hold on the Solar market, when China is investing 50 times the amount of money and energy into these markets, and they can employ labor at a fraction of the cost.

The Halliburton contract was just a greasy handshake deal between a former CEO and a corrupt corporation.  Halliburton spent more money dismissing fraud charges brought by the Nigerian Government than the entire amount of the Solyndra loan.  There would not even be a need for the Halliburton contract if not for the still indefensible actions of the Bush administration in invading Iraq to begin with.

For conservatives to be jumping up and down over Solyndra's failure is akin to a guy showboating on a solo HR hit in the 9th inning when his team is down by 14 runs.  It just makes you look ridiculous.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble?

In Response to Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble? : Why arent' you incensed at RI for investing taxpayer money on a risky venture? Why is Schilling to blame for this?
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE] the issue with with the schill types is like the other GOP blowhards who rail against homosexuality and other vices yet go out in bathroom stalls or cheat on their wives like leroy newton gingrich. obama types get a past as will RI for i know what they are. they are what i thought they are. schill is what i always suspected.. ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE PARTISAN FRAUD! he has no tea party economic principles for which he gabs.. at the end of the day, he's just another leech at the gates trying to get his welfare handout regardless of how noble he tries to make it. i see him as no different as the rich welfare type who hides her assets so her pregnant daughter can get freebies or so medicare can take care of her. bottom line schill is a FRAUDDDDD!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

I just wonder how much of a bribe (umm.. DONATIION) Schilling made to the RI's governor's last campaign and other key budget type republicans. That's how this game works. Curt spends about $500k on campaign donations, he gets back $75m in 'stolen" taxpayers' funds. that's a pretty good investment, don't you think? Great pyramid scheme.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : Solyndra's failure was unfortunate for Obama and the country.  It's going to be very hard for the US to have any sort of foot-hold on the Solar market, when China is investing 50 times the amount of money and energy into these markets, and they can employ labor at a fraction of the cost. The Halliburton contract was just a greasy handshake deal between a former CEO and a corrupt corporation.  Halliburton spent more money dismissing fraud charges brought by the Nigerian Government than the entire amount of the Solyndra loan.  There would not even be a need for the Halliburton contract if not for the still indefensible actions of the Bush administration in invading Iraq to begin with. For conservatives to be jumping up and down over Solyndra's failure is akin to a guy showboating on a solo HR hit in the 9th inning when his team is down by 14 runs.  It just makes you look ridiculous.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

The Solar market? What are you talking about?

The market will drive the solar market not a politician not barack Obama.

King oil got us to where we are and still rules.

The US is the richest country on the planet in natural resources, oil, natural gas and coal it's this president and his idealogues who have taken us down the same the road Jimmy Carter tried to. Conservation wind and solar.

We are not Denmark we are the most highly industrialized nation in the world and we got there using our natural resources not with wind and solar..

I am all for alternate energies but it will be the private sector that developes that technology and gets the cost down not Obama or any other politician wasting our tax dollars.

Solar is not there yet, solar and wind wont get a jet off the ground or power our factories or employ great numbers of our population getting energy to market.

9 million employed in the oil market alone the natural gas and oil boom is the fastest growing sector of our economy not solar or wind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble? : the issue with with the schill types is like the other GOP blowhards who rail against homosexuality and other vices yet go out in bathroom stalls or cheat on their wives like leroy newton gingrich. obama types get a past as will RI for i know what they are. they are what i thought they are. schill is what i always suspected.. ANOTHER CONSERVATIVE PARTISAN FRAUD! he has no tea party economic principles for which he gabs.. at the end of the day, he's just another leech at the gates trying to get his welfare handout regardless of how noble he tries to make it. i see him as no different as the rich welfare type who hides her assets so her pregnant daughter can get freebies or so medicare can take care of her. bottom line schill is a FRAUDDDDD!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yeah John Edwards and Bubba never cheated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I believe that Lincoln Chaffee told Schilling to' go whistle' and bail himself out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Schilling is a blowhard, but at least he has helped liberals see the light with respect to the Government giving businesses sweetheart deals.

STRANGE that they still have such a hard time seeing this problem with companies like Solyndra, which cost ALL U.S tax payers BILLIONS. 

Why is it so hard for you guys to admit that BOTH Schilling & the president are woefully inept businessmen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble? : Yeah John Edwards and Bubba never cheated.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]what's with you people? they cheated but they aren't hypocrites (at least not Bubba), for they never went out publicly like the bible thumpers or like mr. gingrich and degraded those who also were cheating they were clearly committing adultery themselves at the same time in bathrooms, under deaks and in limousines as he clearly was at the time with his now plastic wife Calista. everytime I see her inpublic, I seriously wonder how much alcohol she must consume to be able to show that face in public knowing what most people privately think of her character (or lack thereof) and of her surgically-constructed face in general.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble? : what's with you people? they cheated but they aren't hypocrites (at least not Bubba), for they never went out publicly like the bible thumpers or like mr. gingrich and degraded those who also were cheating they were clearly committing adultery themselves at the same time in bathrooms, under deaks and in limousines as he clearly was at the time with his now plastic wife Calista. everytime I see her inpublic, I seriously wonder how much alcohol she must consume to be able to show that face in public knowing what most people privately think of her character (or lack thereof) and of her surgically-constructed face in general.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gary Condit another Dem who was an absolute perfect citizen so was Mr. law and order NY Gov. Elliot Spitzer.

And let us not forget the Democrat drunk and murderer Massachusetts sent to congress for 47 years.

I could go on but my point is the chicanery is not exclusive to one political party.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING'S firm is in trouble? : Yeah Gary Condit another Dem who was an absolute perfect citizen so was Mr. law and order NY Gov. Elliot Spitzer. And let us not forget the Democrat drunk and murderer Massachusetts sent to congress for 47 years. I could go on but my point is the chicanery is not exclusive to one political party.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]AGAIN and for the last time COMRADE, i couldnt agree more with your last point. both sides do it, both are equally immoral in fact. thats not my point howeve. for the TENTH time (read it SLOWLYYYYYY), my beef with the schillings is the hypocrisy of it all. i have no beef with people cheating on their spouses who dont publicly espouse different views. you will never hear me saying it is immoral and a sin and the reason for societal decadence (it's not but y digress).

Its a private issue, had no beef supporting bubba and the others because of it. same with economics. i have no beef with government having personal or corporate welfare programs quite frankly. its the proportion i go nuts over and the hyprocrisy. should certain industries be bailed out? yes. certain companies? yes. if i were president, are there certain companies i would have a bias towards and reward with special breaks? HELLL YES! its called life. AGAIN, my beef is the hypocrisy. the likes of schill get on their high stoop and pooop out all theri high moral pontifications and the minute they have the opportunity to put courage behind their "convictions" they wit and show their true cowardice.

i would have had no beef with schill had he been down with some corporate welfare before in the first place and in principle rather than whine against obama's approach simply its because his company and homies are not being rewarded. i on the other hand fully grasp and accept that dems will favor certain kinds of cronyism, and the GOP will. had no beef with halliburtin for thats what i would expect from a bush. GW never promised better or different. would be like me being shocked if a president romney rewarded his invest banking and VC buds. his already open and honest about his intentions.  got it now? feel free to debate the merits rather than the obvious.. yep yep, we know, they all do it..

obama nEver lied about it, in same way romney isnt. schill LIED, in same way the GOP moral police often lies. most dem politicians simply avoid the issue by being for CHOICE and a libertarian position. now anthony weiner got what was coming to him... he took a moral police position when running. good riddance. i lean democrat but i'm not partisan and i'm far from being an economic liberal. on $, i frankly lean more towards the romney view. if i could, i would gladly take the corporate welfare or government handout route for my company as we grow. y reject free $? i'm not naive. but AGAIN, you dont hear me riling against it before i am for it when convenient.

in the meantime, good luck to those who can get it. i wish to be as smart as them someday. its a good gig while one can get it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

Folks to use what happened with Bush or Scilling as a reason why Solyndra is not so bad or vice versa.They were all bad moves.

However to use a past wrongs to support your view is as Mom use to say..."Two wrongs do not make it right". Then she'd slap be upside the head.

Both sides screw up because of how can I say this properly -- because--- they all want to remain in their jobs and get as much money from their "friends" to do so.

As I stated NO ONE should get a bailout. Do what you have to do to fix the mess you made.

BTW the issue with Solyndra is that it has come out that some knew the company was in trouble before the bailout and hoped the 500 million would fix things despite a bad business plan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]Folks to use what happened with Bush or Scilling as a reason why Solyndra is not so bad or vice versa.They were all bad moves. However to use a past wrongs to support your view is as Mom use to say..."Two wrongs do not make it right". Then she'd slap be upside the head. Both sides screw up because of how can I say this properly -- because--- they all want to remain in their jobs and get as much money from their "friends" to do so. As I stated NO ONE should get a bailout. Do what you have to do to fix the mess you made. BTW the issue with Solyndra is that it has come out that some knew the company was in trouble before the bailout and hoped the 500 million would fix things despite a bad business plan.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Exactly Jim.

And if you want to approach from the hypocrisy side of things this guy was "hope and change". He promised it wouldn't be business as usual.

Remember? All the lobbyists were going to be run out of town?

Remember Queen Pelosi promising to drain the swamp?

Remember Obama and all his hypocrite friends for years pushing campaign finance reform?

Then it finally passes and in the very first opportunity his very first election following passage Obama snubs the agreement he made with McCain and opts out of public financing?

Now Mr. Hope and Change spends all his time on the public dime traveling around the country to fund raisers trying to raise his war chest to 1 billion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : Exactly Jim. And if you want to approach from the hypocrisy side of things this guy was "hope and change". He promised it wouldn't be business as usual. Remember? All the lobbyists were going to be run out of town? Remember Queen Pelosi promising to drain the swamp? Remember Obama and all his hypocrite friends for years pushing campaign finance reform? Then it finally passes and in the very first opportunity his very first election following passage Obama snubs the agreement he made with McCain and opts out of public financing? Now Mr. Hope and Change spends all his time on the public dime traveling around the country to fund raisers trying to raise his war chest to 1 billion.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]why do you insist on changing the issue and offering up red herrings? we are taking about Curt Schilling, remember? And we are talking about corporate bailouts and welfaire in particular.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : why do you insist on changing the issue and offering up red herrings? we are taking about Curt Schilling, remember? And we are talking about corporate bailouts and welfaire in particular.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

I notice you like to bash Republicans until your short memory gets refreshed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SCHILLING wants TAXPAYERS beanballed to bankroll more of his sinking firm, should OBAMA give him a bailout? : why do you insist on changing the issue and offering up red herrings? we are taking about Curt Schilling, remember? And we are talking about corporate bailouts and welfaire in particular.

How about tax cheat Charlie Rangel sitting as vice chair on the joint committee of taxation?

Forget about him? Or Tim Turbo Tax Cheat Geithner the Secretary of the Treasury?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

First of all being truthful Obama wouldn't bail out Schilling because he has no union paid employees.

If Schilling had a union shop that paid dues to the union which in turn gives millions to the democrats and the obama campaign like the teachers unions do and public service unions do or the auto industry he would get a bailout.

That was the 850 billion Stimulus tax dollars at work repaying all who put him in office.