Well I gotta tell you guys!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Well I gotta tell you guys!

a couple of us die hards are wearing our home white game shirts today here at work. Anyways, I had to talk to a guy in manufacturing and a couple of my yankee fan buddies saw me and called me over. They all to the last man wished me and my team good luck tonight and said they were all rooting for the sox to win the championship. I bumped fists with all of them and said thanks and asked them how come? each one of em said that this was a team that even us yankee fans could not find one single player to dislike. They also said that they could never ever root for the national league no matter who the american league team was. Can you imagine that eh?

my respect for the NYY's fans just went up a notch...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Well I gotta tell you guys!

Some of best friends are Yankee fans.  ahhaha.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of best friends are Yankee fans.  ahhaha.  

[/QUOTE]
    I know space. me too...........how bout this one. we had a guy from manufacturing retire this year during the spring and he loved the red sox. about 12 yankee fans that he worked with all chipped in and got him box seats behind the redsox duggout for opening day. I was there when they had a cake for him his last day and he teared up big time when the guys presented him with his 2 tickets. a great memory man. Ricky worked here for just about 40 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

meanwhile, this forum that was once hopping with a plethora of annoying yankee fans is down to a mere one..........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I find , usually, the real Yankee fans...just like real Red Sox fans, generally are good people.

It is all the bandwagon jumpers...and there are millions when a team is winning, these are the ones I dislike, the ones that trash talk and brag.

Real fans tend to be humble, they know what it is like to taste the short end of the stick. Bandwagon fans are never around to taste defeat. I like many people who are fulltime Yankee fans....never would hold this against a person, unless they change to Yankee caps only when the team is on a playoff run.

I am sure our bandagon will acquire or "reacquire" many new "fans" this offseason, and it will be "Bandwagon Nation" once again.

That's the only bad thing about winning, and I can live with it, it's just sad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find , usually, the real Yankee fans...just like real Red Sox fans, generally are good people.

It is all the bandwagon jumpers...and there are millions when a team is winning, these are the ones I dislike, the ones that trash talk and brag.

Real fans tend to be humble, they know what it is like to taste the short end of the stick. Bandwagon fans are never around to taste defeat. I like many people who are fulltime Yankee fans....never would hold this against a person, unless they change to Yankee caps only when the team is on a playoff run.

I am sure our bandagon will acquire or "reacquire" many new "fans" this offseason, and it will be "Bandwagon Nation" once again.

That's the only bad thing about winning, and I can live with it, it's just sad.

[/QUOTE]

the problem with most yankee fans is that their entire identity is as a yankee fan because that is usually the only way they can be associated with a winner (which also explains why most yankee fans are also Cowboy or Pitt or Fins fans from that same era when the Giants were terrible).  when the Sox became a rival, those same fans turned into classic bullies (eg 1978) because they felt threatened.  and today, they are trying to adjust (or rationalize) to the fact that the team/fans they bullied for so long are now living on top of the mountain.  i start to feel sorry for them but then I remember how they behaved in 1978 and think to myself "Let them eat cake!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Co-worker next door is a big Yankee fan and won't even watch, let alone root.  Can't blame him.  Otherwise a good guy to work with. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

There is this one guy who is a Detriot Lions fan.

Now, that guy is a REAL fan.