We're Playing the Cards in the WS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

We're Beating the Cards in the WS

So I guess we'll be beating the cardinals in the World Series. I guess the "whole pitching thing", turned out to be "the whole pitching thing" that Detroit wound up being. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: We're Playing the Cards in the WS

Yes, that's just what I wanted my 5100 post to say. It's the universe's doing, not mine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Oops. Didn't know there was already a thread about the Cards advancing to the WS. WHATEVER. They're congratulating the Cards there. I mean who wants that? Didn't want the LAD, but I wouldn't go as far as congratulating the Cardinals.

FTR My thread was about beating the Cards in the WS. It really is different when you think about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

One little problem with thie thread: The Sox aren't in the World Series. They still have to beat one of two very good pitchers.

It's far from a done deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's not a good idea to celebrate one win early.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

She's a pink hat who has no baseball knowledge. Not a good thread and not a good idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

She will be definitely be singing a different tune if Sox don't get it done tonight and have to face Verlander in game 7.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like your boldness. I'm waiting for Yogi to chime in on whether this series is over after 5 games.

[/QUOTE]

It ain't over until it's over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree with many of the other posters about counting chickens before they hatch but, in fact,  have dusted off my copy of Dale Carnegie's "Power of Positive Thinking" and I am confident the Tigers will not beat us, at least, in 2 games in Fenway. However, as someone else posted, Yogi says it ain't over til it's over, so once we win we'll have 3-4 days to post about beating the Cards. Everyone of our games has been close and either team with a key hit could have won and either could have been 4-0. But I would love a breather---Tigers thought they had it with 5-0 lead in the 5th in game 2---like the Cards had last night vs LA and so what if some fans are bored with a blowout.

Bring it home today boys as it this were Game 7. I don't give a hoot about lost revenues at Fenway, TV ads revenues too and probably many baseball fans liking the excitement of our series as opposed to the Nat League's, of seeing a Game 7

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I wish you were  named 'Kimsayless' or 'Kimsaynothing' or 'Kimdon'tsaythat.'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I have confidence in our team to get it done, but this series is far from over.  Making comments about being in the World Series before it's a done deal have a way of coming back and biting you.

That said, I would much rather read a confident, positive post about the Red Sox, rather than all of the doom and gloom posts that had the Sox eliminated after they lost Game 1.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's all happening..............CoolTongue Out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

We're beating the Cardinals!! U n s t o p p a b l e!! Tongue OutLaughing

What a game by Lester!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Wake against King Felix -- I predicted we win

Buchholtz against Sherzer -- I predicted we win

Lackey against Verlander -- I predicted we win

Have faith. I only make outrageous predictions. And this thread was created before Game 6 of the ALCS. As you can see, some fans thought it was wrong to do so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't have to agree with them -- especially when I know I'm right. Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

One more game in St. Louis. One more game we will win. How fun is it going to be coming back home and only having to win one of two? All hands on deck, and a manager who was a pitching coach. LOVE IT!

I may be in the minority, but I didn't want to win in St. Louis. It's just so much more awesome to win at home. Let them have their ridiculous called game. Good luck with that. We will match that with a pick-off win game. LMAO.

Anyone else notice how quiet the umpires were during this game? Oh yeah. Making yourself the center of attention may not be all it's cracked up to be. And the lame press conference was/should have been embarrassing. You may not want to have to repeat that. Nice to get the calls right for a change. Just sayin'.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

We're beating the Cards in the WS. Can't wait. CoolSmile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Two games left in OUR HOUSE. Oh, I wonder what's going to happen? Smile Funny, I thought that losing a game in St. Louis would be OK because then they win the 2013 World Series AT HOME. The first time since 1918! I guess I have to thank the umpires for helping us out on that. LOL

A bad call cannot stop this team. And as Pedroia said, will not define this team. Thebestthebesthebestthebest. Love this team!

Let's do the math again:

2 x 4-1= 7

2 x 7-1=13

All the research I've done on that is coming to pass. Some things are just meant to be. Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's all happening...Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

2013 World Series Champions. Who knew? Tongue OutSmile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I love it! I don't care! I love it! I don't care!

As Dustin Pedroia said in his March tweet, get on board, don't get on board late. Scaredy cats.

Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid. Guess that's true. Smile