What a disappointment for Bill-806

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What a disappointment for Bill-806

The Sox win again with that same horrible lineup he has been excoriating.  Each day he is more and more like softlaw, hating the team for winning because they aren't playing the guys he wants to see. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Re: What a disappointment for Bill-806

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Let's look at the standing in during dog days. I don't base my comments on "who I like to see".

Exactly what we all suspected.  You want this team to lose because Iglesias and Bradley aren't in the lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Bill and teddybaseball must be suicidal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bill and softy certainly are a miserable pair these days. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's look at the standing in during dog days. I don't base my comments on "who I like to see".

and

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

When the Sox finish with 85 - 90 wins, what will you be saying about Naps, Papi, Victorino, Carp, et. al.???

What excuses will you come up with for being wrong?

Ahhhh!

That's right....  You'll desperately seek to spin it, set up yet another random straw man to blow over, convincing yourself you had it right.

You are a total joke, & I'm loving it  :)  Your lame attempts to spin every blunder as another stiffy win makes my day :)

THANKS!  Stiffy 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

What is the 'standing in during dog days' anyway...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not for nothing , but Bradley and Iglesias both went three for four tonight. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

What is the 'standing in during dog days' anyway...

Don't look at me to help you.  It's your own fault for reading the stuff in the first place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Excellent.  They were both kind of struggling in AAA.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

And not for nothing, but Drew is playing stellar defense and is now starting to get his timing and stroking the ball better.  Also Nava won one HUGE emotional game for us with one swing of the bat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I saw that.  Great news.  They could be back in Boston before September. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

The Sox win again with that same horrible lineup he has been excoriating.  Each day he is more and more like softlaw, hating the team for winning because they aren't playing the guys he wants to see. 

Yuk,Yuk,Yuk......  You funny guy...... "LET ME BE CLEAR", iM GLAD THAT WE WON LAST NIGHT AND ARE OFF TO A GOOD START.......  That said, I also see the holes in the roster that will need shoreing up...... Yes, "the HEEL" is an on going concern......  We are going to go as far as our pitching, defense, and speed takes us, meaning that IGGY, BRADLEY & WEBSTER should be back soooooner, rather than later.......

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to S5's comment:

And not for nothing, but Drew is playing stellar defense and is now starting to get his timing and stroking the ball better.  Also Nava won one HUGE emotional game for us with one swing of the bat.

Yeah Drew is awesome, I mean it was only yesterday (2010) that he was any good.

He broke his ankles in 2011 and was out until late 2012...So both years were basically lost...seriously Burr?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Yuk,Yuk,Yuk......  You funny guy...... "LET ME BE CLEAR", iM GLAD THAT WE WON LAST NIGHT AND ARE OFF TO A GOOD START.......  That said, I also see the holes in the roster that will need shoreing up...... Yes, "the HEEL" is an on going concern......  We are going to go as far as our pitching, defense, and speed takes us, meaning that IGGY, BRADLEY & WEBSTER should be back soooooner, rather than later.......

Really?  Without Bradley and Iglesias the Sox are among the leaders in stolen bases and by himself Ellsbury leads MLB in steals with 9 and has not been caught stealing.  The rotation, with or without Webster, is the best in the AL, period. 

Last night's win was largely thanks to two dingers by Middlebrooks and Napoli. 

I would love to see Bradley and Iglesias back on the roster, but meanwhile this is a pretty good team I think will get better with the current roster.  Pedroia, Ellsbury, Salty, Middlebrooks, and Drew can and should all hit better than they have so far.  Right now, as good as Iglesias was at SS, it's hard to make a strong argument that Drew is a liability at SS.  He averages more fielding chances per game than Iglesias did, has been in more than twice as many double plays, and has yet to make an error.  Bradley would no doubt be a better outfielder than Nava or Ellsbury, but they are proven hitters and not too shabby in the outfield, where Ellsbury has already won one gold glove.  Napoli, Pedroia, and Middlebrooks have all played errorless ball to date.  Victorino just might be a better rightfielder than JD Drew. 

The Sox, in case you are interested (but probably aren't), are ranked 2d in the AL in runs scored.  I mean, how bad can the offense be with scoring like that?  We would have taken 2 of 3 against KC instead of losing 2 of 3 if the bullpen, which has otherwise been pretty good, had not give up 2 in late innings, 1 by Uehara and 1 by Miller. 

Ortiz's heel might be a concern, but right now it looks pretty good.  More importantly and amazingly, he is smacking the ball hard on most of his at bats despite missing all of ST and have a very short rehab stint.  If the heel goes bad, I would be delighted to see Bradley back, but unlike you I don't quite see Bradley with the kind of bat Ortiz has. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Why does anyone think we'd be better with other guys in the line up?

You are only basing it upon the idea not fact that just because X is not hitting that replacing X with Y they'd be better and there is NO fact that can back that up or invalidate it except current results of the team..

It is a dumb argument. Having different players changes the dynamics and that may not be a good thing.

So this constant crap about having A & B over X & Y is the way to go is a non factual based unsupportable opinion and the current results are fact thus supportable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTW as we have seen with Ortiz going 0 for 20 in AAA means nothing as does going 15 for 20 in AAA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

BTW as we have seen with Ortiz going 0 for 20 in AAA means nothing as does going 15 for 20 in AAA.

BTW,  no "BIG PAPI" TONIGHT,  guess the don't want to expose the HEEL to the cold elements tonight @ the FENS !!!