What a hit by "BIG PAPI" ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

What a hit by "BIG PAPI" ........

As DAD would say .............  "SON, hit it were they AINT"  !!!!!Cool

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: What a hit by

Weird , after a game that awesome, that one can only offer a backhanded compliment.        

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

yea it goes as a hit when he probably should be 0 for 4 for the day. But it was a deep hit and right at the rookie.  Post season ball is different and the veteran Ortiz probably intended to hit it right at the rookie.  Even if it was an out, the rest of the team was eventually going to rattle Moore's cage.

yea, it goes as a hit ....

after that you're just full of snot.  When all the balls that should have been hits are caught, ya never really get to count them ... or you NEVER GET to count them as hits.  GIVE UP THE PAPI  BASHING and the baseball duhs ...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Here is my issue all year he dumped on Ortiz. Last week he posted about letting bygones be bygones. Yet after the first game he goes after Ortiz with a back hand slam.

This is why some dislike Bill................I for one

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He's becoming a drag.  A well-known drag.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill I'm disappointed in you man, you claim to be this big Sox fan and after a huge, awesome win you choose to bash Papi in an underhanded way. 

You may not realize but Papi was the one who came back to the clubhouse and told the guys to go directly after the fastball, which turned out to be the key to the game offensively - and then Lester's awesome performance. 

You need to find a better way to root for the team than to let one player (and your incorrect predictions about that player) to color your experience. 

CONGRATS SOX ON A GREAT, GREAT WIN!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Bump

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Bill I'm disappointed in you man, you claim to be this big Sox fan and after a huge, awesome win you choose to bash Papi in an underhanded way. 

You may not realize but Papi was the one who came back to the clubhouse and told the guys to go directly after the fastball, which turned out to be the key to the game offensively - and then Lester's awesome performance. 

You need to find a better way to root for the team than to let one player (and your incorrect predictions about that player) to color your experience. 

CONGRATS SOX ON A GREAT, GREAT WIN!!!!!

nOW WAIT A MINUTE PLEASE......   As SGT. FRIDAY would say, "Just stating the facts, Mam"  !!!!   To all of you that are attacking me, "it is what it is" ,  I didn't get to bat once yesterday........  Now , its on to game 2 ......  GO SOX & PAPI toooo!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

They all hit last night. It was starting to sound like batting practice.  I think it's great..but I hope they can keep up that offensive pace going forward. Moore was clearly struggling and the Sox offense capitalized on that.

I don't get..after such a great game where literally every player in the lineup contributed...that the only hit we are talking about today is the one by Ortiz.....shaking my head.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

yea it goes as a hit when he probably should be 0 for 4 for the day. But it was a deep hit and right at the rookie.  Post season ball is different and the veteran Ortiz probably intended to hit it right at the rookie.  Even if it was an out, the rest of the team was eventually going to rattle Moore's cage.

yea, it goes as a hit ....

after that you're just full of snot.  When all the balls that should have been hits are caught, ya never really get to count them ... or you NEVER GET to count them as hits.  GIVE UP THE PAPI  BASHING and the baseball duhs ...

You should be a happier yaz after a great win.  But how about being fair to Bill.  Anyone else out there in center makes that catch and Ortiz is 0 for 4 for the day.

LOL   Pike, is that you, again ... thanks for the "should be" crap.

I'm just fine with the win.  You missed my point by the entire width of the continental USA ...

Batters don't get to count "almost hits" by fine plays as offensive plusses. So why knock Papi for a not so great defensive play .... stupid.

last time to waste time for you

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

That hit off the Tampa Bay ACE meet your approval??????

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

What a great H R by PAPI......  I knew that I could MOTIVATE him !!!!   Now lets see if the bulpen can hang on to this !!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.