What an OP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

What an OP

timistic beginning!

I am thoroughly impressed.  Not just with the way the Sox are playing but in the way you all, save one or two, are responding!  We're seeing possibility where some only were sure of improbabilty ...

So much good to be commended!

Farrell and his leaders are coaching, helping, focusing the team.

Ben brought in gamers that have helped change the clubhouse COMPLETELY.

THIS FORUM is suddenly amiable and amped up FOR THE SEASON AND THE TEAM...

It looks like if this is a bridge year, it is "A Bridge Over Troubled Water."  It looks like if the news guys were overpriced, they are just right.   It looks like all things new are bringing an exciting edge to all things well remembered (some of ya might say old).

We have gone from no way, to can it be?

Kudos all!

GO Red Sox  - and their fans!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: What an OP

Happy opening day yaz my friend..........what a beautiful day it is. if I gotta be here at work, atleast I got my earphones and EEI on as we speak.

LETS GO RED SOX CLAP,CLAP,CLAPCLAPCLAP!!!!!Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Softy rails against the 'beancounters' without realizing he is the biggest bean counter of them all.  Spent all off-season railing against Victorino, Gomes, Ross because of "value and fit".  Meanwhile that beancounting on these guys blinded him to the fact that these guys are hard-nosed gamers that you would be stupid to not pick up if you had the opportunity.  I love these guys. they will have their struggles, for sure, but i love the energy.  I love the hustle, the confidence, teh aggressiveness, the intelligence.  The club was a little soft around the edges for a couple years.  Not any more.  LETS GO RED SOX! (clap clap, clap clap clap)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Good guys, play with passion, great attitudes all around, Go Sawx!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

hard-nosed gamers

LOL, a trite meaningless phrase that underscores how overpaid and weak these old veteran rejects are.

Big difference between pretending it's critical to save some mythical amount of money over a half a decade from now, and dumping 10 million on "premium guy" who wasn't a value or a fit.

Once managment takes over and force feeds itself, it was just luck that two old guys were on the DL, this team will start heading south. Bradley and Iglesias changed the image and provided the energy and team defensive character that has changed the trajectory of the team.

OK, so 'hard-nose gamers' is trite meaningless phrase.  But, 'changed the image and provided the energy and defensive character' is somehow a tangible element of a good club?  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

timistic beginning!

I am thoroughly impressed.  Not just with the way the Sox are playing but in the way you all, save one or two, are responding!  We're seeing possibility where some only were sure of improbabilty ...

So much good to be commended!

Farrell and his leaders are coaching, helping, focusing the team.

Ben brought in gamers that have helped change the clubhouse COMPLETELY.

THIS FORUM is suddenly amiable and amped up FOR THE SEASON AND THE TEAM...

It looks like if this is a bridge year, it is "A Bridge Over Troubled Water."  It looks like if the news guys were overpriced, they are just right.   It looks like all things new are bringing an exciting edge to all things well remembered (some of ya might say old).

We have gone from no way, to can it be?

Kudos all!

GO Red Sox  - and their fans!

Good to see you've come back in off the ledge you had climbed out on after the Punto trade. Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Happy opening day yaz my friend..........what a beautiful day it is. if I gotta be here at work, atleast I got my earphones and EEI on as we speak.

LETS GO RED SOX CLAP,CLAP,CLAPCLAPCLAP!!!!!Laughing

Indeed, Hammah!   I just stepped in from first job and the timing was close to perfect!  I hope your ears have nothing but good stuff today!  Here's to the ears!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Opening day, Bradley made a key play and kept an inning alive with speed and talent on the field, and Igleasias did exactly the same with his defensive talent and adquate speed.

"Hard-nosed gamer" is truly lame.

OK, whatever floats your boat.  I love Iglesias' and Bradley's defense.  No quibbles there for sure.  You can discount whichever performers you want and overvalue whoever you want.  If the Sox continue to play such inspired baseball, I will continue to appreciate all who contribute to that phenomenon:  the kids, the hard-nose gamers, even the contract year soft big labor union slugs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Softy rails against the 'beancounters' without realizing he is the biggest bean counter of them all.  Spent all off-season railing against Victorino, Gomes, Ross because of "value and fit".  Meanwhile that beancounting on these guys blinded him to the fact that these guys are hard-nosed gamers that you would be stupid to not pick up if you had the opportunity.  I love these guys. they will have their struggles, for sure, but i love the energy.  I love the hustle, the confidence, teh aggressiveness, the intelligence.  The club was a little soft around the edges for a couple years.  Not any more.  LETS GO RED SOX! (clap clap, clap clap clap)

Space,

I'm always a believer ...  so I was hoping that Ben was doing it right.  I am very pleased with all those pluses you have mentioned.  I am impressed that Victorino plays RF as if it is CF.  Heads up, with speed and nothing is out ofbounds or not in front of him.  Gomes is scary tough ... at least I don't want to find out in person if he is a s nuts as he looks sometimes.  And he HAS OUR BACKS .... no such thought with a former fave, Manny.  He could make Don Rickles decide to tell happy jokes, because Rickles would be afraid to tick him off.  ANd what about KOJI?!?!?!    What a shot of adrenelin in the dugout!

Gives the old heart some warm spots as one thinks about guys like .... Bill Lee or Luis Tiant or even the Idiot or Cowboys ....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Good to see you've come back in off the ledge you had climbed out on after the Punto trade. Wink

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!   Sweet, Carnie, sweet.  

Better than I hoped for ... except for Lackey getting rehurt. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

LOL!!!   Sweet, Carnie, sweet.  

Better than I hoped for ... except for Lackey getting rehurt. 

[/QUOTE]

The good news on Lackey is that it doesn't appear to be serious. Just a cramp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The "harned-nosed gamer" Shane Victorino has hit safely in every game this season so far and has looked nothing like an "old veteran reject" on defense either...Gomes hustle and smart base running scores from 2nd base on a ball just barely out of the infield in NY. Love the way Vic and Gomes play the game...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Sure you do, and you are going to loves these guys for the full season. Gomes and Shane will get stronger, as the season goes on, at the bargain price of nearly 20 million a year. What's not to love aobut that. And once they get rid of overmatched rookies like Iglesias and Bradley, more PT for Gomes and more of Shane will send this team to a higher percentage of wins.

And just when I thought you were incapable of making sense...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

hard-nosed gamers

LOL, a trite meaningless phrase that underscores how overpaid and weak these old veteran rejects are.

Big difference between pretending it's critical to save some mythical amount of money over a half a decade from now, and dumping 10 million on "premium guy" who wasn't a value or a fit.

Once managment takes over and force feeds itself, it was just luck that two old guys were on the DL, this team will start heading south. Bradley and Iglesias changed the image and provided the energy and team defensive character that has changed the trajectory of the team.

How is "changed the image, defensive "character", and "trajectory" any more substantial than "hard nosed gamers". There are both new and old players along with the the rookies who are changing the team through their hustle and team play on the field. It is not about imagery; it is about performance. The veteran players are providing just as much as the rookies. Veteran pitchers Lester and Buchholz are both healthy and pitching strong games. That is what is making the difference, not an image change. Your whipping boy Ellsbury is also making a positive contribution whether or not you want to admit it. They are playing as a team so far this season, and that is the biggest difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What softlaw doesn't get is that almost all of us want Bradley and Iglesias to succeed and thrive this year.  But, good as Bradley has been on defense, it is fair at this point to worry about his hitting.  His great spring now seems long gone, just as Victorino's terrible spring seems to be gone, ditto Ellsbury's lousy spring and not even one SB attempt.  No question Bradley is the future, but right now timing is an issue because Bradley is struggling at the plate. 

Iglesias, the guy I was sure would be leaving for AAA, is making an awfully strong case for not leaving.  He's a brilliant fielder who is hitting up a storm in the 9 slot and tied for the team lead in hits. 

Meanwhile, the team as a whole is pitching and hitting well.  A great start to the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Opening day, Bradley made a key play and kept an inning alive with speed and talent on the field, and Igleasias did exactly the same with his defensive talent and adquate speed.

"Hard-nosed gamer" is truly lame.

Can we just be happy and excited about great start and positive chemistry going around in the clubhouse for crying out loud. I think you have to straighten out your worthless life and come back when you can give positive chemistry.  Man.. you are like Alfredo Aceves in this forum.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Once both these moves are implemented to demote Bradley and Iglesias, the Sox will not continue to play "inspired baseball".

No, Carnie, you are making a fool of yourself with the "I'm done" crybaby routine.

That certain country is heard from, the lone wolf of woe.  The Kim Jong-un of the board is ever all bluster, out of sorts, attempting to make his bones somehow by being the only one who cannot enjoy the way the team is playing and the great prospects ahead, both as a team and individuals.

We all tire of you, Softy.  We all need a break from you even when we rarely ever bother to get bothered by your inane ....  shoot, inane everything.

25. This post has been removed.