What are your expectations for John Lackey tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

What are your expectations for John Lackey tonight?

6 innings.4 ER, 2 SO, 4 BB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

Re: What are your expectations for John Lackey tonight?

5 1/3....6ER....3BB...9 hits....0-2 at the plate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I think one of the many reasons to play Ortiz is that they are going to need his offense. If Lackey goes 6 and only 4 runs given up the Sox will take it. Expectations have certainly been lowered since the fair haired boy signed him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

I expect him to pitch badly and then end up on the DL when Buch is back... Or atleast i hope he ends up on the DL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

My expectations are low, very low.  Why should tonite be any different than any other night for Lackey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

By this point? I have no idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Maybe 5 ininings, 5-8 Earned Runs, 4-6 Walks, all leading to another "L". The guy is worthless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

12 bowel-movement grimmaces, 3 underbreath mutterings at fielders, 8 underbreath mutterings at self, 5 underbreath mutterings at ump, 2 hours of labored breathing, and a post game press conference with references to the ball coming out of his hand well and feeling pretty good out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxcorpseman. Show redsoxcorpseman's posts

16 million a year performance expectations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No Hitter

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

In Response to Re: What are your expectations for John Lackey tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe 5 ininings, 5-8 Earned Runs, 4-6 Walks, all leading to another "L". The guy is worthless.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I concur.   He'll also be upset with Ortiz for a ball getting past him leading up to 2 runs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to What are your expectations for John Lackey tonight?:
    [QUOTE]6 innings.4 ER, 2 SO, 4 BB
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

So hard to call, if Johns arm really has issues he should be shelved in favor of rest or surgery.  John could be out of the game in two innings, or possibly go six.  I will be pleasantly surprised if he can keep the runs down and give our offense a chance tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Is this a trick question?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

4 and 1/3 innings, 5ER, 1 post game interview where he has no idea why anyone is unimpressed with his performance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

By the 3rd inning I will be reaching for this instead of a cold beer!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

But in all honesty, Lackey should pitch a no hitter tonight. If the catcher can manage to call the correct pitches he'll be fine. When the catcher calls the wrong pitch and it gets hit, the fielders just need to catch everything. If they don't, it's really not Lackey's fault. I haven't seen such a hard lucker loser in years. Literally every game he pitchers he could easily have a no hitter if the rest of the team could just make plays. No wonder he's so cranky after the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP is about right.  Against an AL East team, I would guess 6 runs in 6 innings. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

I`m not going to guess the numbers,i`ll just say that he`s going to get shelled,then whine about how he had to much pressure on him to keep the ball outside or inside due to the definciency in right field.

That said,I hope that his wife is ok and if it`s either that or a physical issue is his problem,put him on the shelf.I`m tired of watching him try to get guys out with AA stuff and then cry about it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

He's already done better than I expected, but then again, there's alot of game left and we can't hit the broad side of a barn on offense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

How 'bout that RBi double?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]12 bowel-movement grimmaces, 3 underbreath mutterings at fielders, 8 underbreath mutterings at self, 5 underbreath mutterings at ump, 2 hours of labored breathing, and a post game press conference with references to the ball coming out of his hand well and feeling pretty good out there.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    ROFL, you've got his shtick down perfectly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I bet he puts in one of his best performances of the season, when we need him most. However it will only serve to set us up for his next 8 starts which will all be bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]  I`m not going to guess the numbers,i`ll just say that he`s going to get shelled,then whine about how he had to much pressure on him to keep the ball outside or inside due to the definciency in right field.   That said,I hope that his wife is ok and if it`s either that or a physical issue is his problem,put him on the shelf.I`m tired of watching him try to get guys out with AA stuff and then cry about it.
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]
    ===================================================
      Ok,i`ll answer my own post.
     Nice call numbnuts.Lackey pitched a very good game.He brought his MLB game tonight and pitched well enough to get the win.
      I`m not even going to mention that he got the ONLY RBI of the night.My god,how much can you expect from one man?? Can we get him some help??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Lackey was great!
    Who knew he had it in him?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your expectations for John Lackey tonight? : ===================================================   Ok,i`ll answer my own post.  Nice call numbnuts.Lackey pitched a very good game.He brought his MLB game tonight and pitched well enough to get the win.   I`m not even going to mention that he got the ONLY RBI of the night.My god,how much can you expect from one man?? Can we get him some help??
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

LOL!