What do you think about the 2 yr moratorium on Theo's cherry picking?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You all know that I'm pretty loyal and protective to the regime of Theo and Tito ...

but reading today I guess I'm catching up on all the cherry picking Theo's done in the Red Sox organization.  Hoyer as GM, lead scouts, amateur talent scouts and so on ...

It seems that Theo REALLY believes in the Sox organization...and finally agreed to not do anymore until after the 2014 season.

Frankly, that bugs me.

And brings into the picture what we REALLY ought to get in "compensation" for Theo   & his carpetbagging ...

Garza all of a sudden doesn't seem too much to ask for, in my humble opinion.

What say you?

BTW ... do you like my smiling Dick Williams and laughing Yaz?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: What do you think about the 2 yr moratorium on Theo's cherry picking?

Reminds me of Eric Mangini.  I thought that was a photo of Jerry Sandusky at one of his camps. Surprised  Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think about the 2 yr moratorium on Theo's cherry picking?:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on the great avator. 1967 was a great year for us. It seems to me that Theo shouldn't have been allowed to leave until the Sox received equitable compensation.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

As what? The janitor? 

Theo was not going to be our GM for 2012, so there's no way a guy like him could "hang around" and not get in the way.

Really, I think this whole Theo compensation thing has been blown way out of proportion. When all the dust is settled, we'll find out we get precious little for him.

I'm not dissing Theo. I liked a lot of what he did here. We will be seeing the results of his farm building for years to come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

To address the OP (!  ;-))....not much.

Seems to me to be

a) an unfair restraint of trade i.e. why should some Red Sox Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man be denied the chance to take a new, presumably higher paid job in Chicago?; and

b) somewhat futile i.e. if the RSUAWCPM wants to leave the Sox for any reason, do we really want him (her) around for the next two years?

If it smells like a sop to the complainers, and looks like a sop to the complainers, it probably is a sop to the complainers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Under a so-called anti cherry picking Rule or Agreement, Jed Hoyer leaving his position as GM for the Padres to become the GM for the Cubs in no way violates the rule (not sure there really is such a rule unless there is some kind of tampering, might just be a courtesy usually observed) or agreement. And some teams have policies about leaving that team's employ for lateral moves. In MLB often such policies are also compromised, for what goes around on the good old boy network, comes around. Really think if owner John Henry had made a big thing of the compensation issue, or allowed Lucchino to do so, issue would have been resolved by now. Of course, Mr. Henry may not want to make it a big issue with the Commssioner's office cause a favor was shown his group when he sold the Marlins to the then owner of the Expos, cause MLB wanted to move the team, now the Nationals, to D.C., and MLB wanted the current owership to have the Red Sox, and might not have wanted Mr. McCourt and his former Wife to own the Red Sox, although the McCourts did end up owning the now Bankrupt L.A. Dodgers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It's also possible that they've already agreed the compensation informally and are waiting to announce it to legally circumvent some rule e.g. the Rule 5 Draft.  I tend to think that is the case as Selig has backed off his initial stance of demanding a resolution.

For example, last spring when Agon didn't sign his (obviously agreed) extension until after the season started to avoid 2011 luxury tax and everyone bar Phineas T. Bluster Jr. and his handpuppet lawyer Mr. Hanky could see it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think about the 2 yr moratorium on Theo's cherry picking?:
    [QUOTE]Reminds me of Eric Mangini.  I thought that was a photo of Jerry Sandusky at one of his camps.  
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

STOP THAT, TCAL!!!

Your dark humor accepted.  :o)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]To address the OP (!  ;-))....not much. Seems to me to be a) an unfair restraint of trade i.e. why should some Red Sox Unhe was inder Assistant West Coast Promo Man be denied the chance to take a new, presumably higher paid job in Chicago?; and b) somewhat futile i.e. if the RSUAWCPM wants to leave the Sox for any reason, do we really want him (her) around for the next two years? If it smells like a sop to the complainers, and looks like a sop to the complainers, it probably is a sop to the complainers.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

Thx, SMLV, for correcting me about Hoyer.  That was a real 'DUH" on my part.  I had forgotten he was in San Diego ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Under a so-called anti cherry picking Rule or Agreement, Jed Hoyer leaving his position as GM for the Padres to become the GM for the Cubs in no way violates the rule (not sure there really is such a rule unless there is some kind of tampering, might just be a courtesy usually observed) or agreement. And some teams have policies about leaving that team's employ for lateral moves. In MLB often such policies are also compromised, for what goes around on the good old boy network, comes around. Really think if owner John Henry had made a big thing of the compensation issue, or allowed Lucchinabou                                      o to do so, issue would have been resolved by now. Of course, Mr. Henry may not want to make it a big issue with the Commssioner's office cause a favor was shown his group when he sold the Marlins to the then owner of the Expos, cause MLB wanted to move the team, now the Nationals, to D.C., and MLB wanted the current owership to have the Red Sox, and might not have wanted Mr. McCourt and his former Wife to own the Red Sox, although the McCourts did end up owning the now Bankrupt L.A. Dodgers.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

Thanks, too, for reminding me that hoyer was gone .... duh, on my part.

Slims down the complaint on my part.  Oh well.