What do you think was Fenway Park's most memorable moment?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: What do you think was Fenway Park's most memorable moment?

1990: The Brunansky catch

On Oct. 3, 1990, with the tying runs on base and the Sox holding a 3-1 lead over the White Sox, Tom Brunansky made a spectacular diving catch in Fenway's right field corner to end the final game of 1990 season, clinching the American League East title for the Red Sox.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Baseball legends are built around home runs.

So I would say you have to go with Fisk (moreso than Carbo), followed unfortunately by Dent...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think was Fenway Park's most memorable moment?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think was Fenway Park's most memorable moment? : Jim Rice Attacked Joe Morgan When He Was Lifted for Spike Owen From Bleacher Report: Nineteen-eighty-eight is relatively recent in terms of baseball history, but an incident that occurred on July 20, 1988 would never occur in 2012. The Boston Red Sox were leading the Minnesota Twins 5-4 in the eighth inning at Fenway Park. Ellis Burks was on first base after leading off the inning by working out a walk off tough right-hander Jeff Reardon. Jim Rice was next. As he neared home plate, he saw Spike Owen grab a bat and start walking toward him. Rice knew what was happening and to say that he wasn't happy is an understatement. Rice went back to the dugout and started shouting at new Red Sox manager Joe Morgan. According to Marty Barrett , Rice grabbed Morgan by his shoulders and forced him down the stairs from the dugout into the runway. Some players intervened and no punches were exchanged. General manager Lou Gorman later said, "They broke it up before punches were exchanged, but there was physical contact." As he returned to the dugout, Morgan kept shouting "I'm the manager. I'm the manager." Morgan had Owen pinch-hit for Rice because he wanted the shortstop to sacrifice Burks to second base. Rice was a slugger that had never learned how to bunt. The result was that the Red Sox suspended Rice for three games. "We couldn't condone the action so we had to suspend Rice," Morgan told reporters. "I've never had any trouble with Jimmy. I've been a booster of his, but we couldn't let it go." Gorman expressed a similar view. "It's tough to suspend anybody," he said. "I have great respect for Jim Rice, but you can't have anybody physically intimidate or question a manager's authority." Morgan had replaced John McNamara as Red Sox manager He finished second in the voting for 1988 Manager of the Year as the Red Sox won the Eastern Division title but lost to the Oakland A's in the playoffs. It is doubtful if any of today's managers would want to sacrifice in such a situation, much less pinch hit with a Spike Owen for a Jim Rice. It is less doubtful that if a modern manager sent up a pinch-hitter for a slugger, the slugger would react the same way Rice reacted.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
    Do you really think this was Fenway Park's Most Memorable Moment? After all the things that have happened there, do you believe that a frustrated slugger's taking that frustration out on his manager was the most memorable thing that's ever happened there?

Wow, how's that glass?  Half full, or half empty?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, at least St. Louis is close to Fenway...There's a ballpark there, so I guess that is a memorable "Fenway" moment...love it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]1990: The Brunansky catch On Oct. 3, 1990, with the tying runs on base and the Sox holding a 3-1 lead over the White Sox, Tom Brunansky made a spectacular diving catch in Fenway's right field corner to end the final game of 1990 season, clinching the American League East title for the Red Sox. I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
     Wasn't that more of a "sliding" catch? There's a difference there.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice tribute to Fenway by Steve Rushin in this week's Sports Illustrated. Check it out.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

[QUOTE]Rob Bradford/Weei said this morning that Bucky Dent should be invited to the 100th anniversary next Friday.

I will be there.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Best Regular Season Game - Tek takes ARoids

Best post season moment?  Either Fisk's HR or Robert's Steal

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Best Regular Season Game - Tek takes ARoids Best post season moment?  Either Fisk's HR or Robert's Steal
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Maybe Papi is on some of those "legal supplements" that he got caught on which is why he is off to such a fast start. 

You guys need to stop throwing stones in glass houses.

"I definitely was a little bit careless back in those days when I was buying supplements and vitamins over the counter -- legal supplements, legal vitamins over the counter -- but I never buy steroids or use steroids," Ortiz said during a news conference that began about 3½ hours before his Boston Red Sox played the New York Yankees.