What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?

Alternate Game Thread?  That sounds great!!!  

Is that where we rewrite history so those pesky losses are changed and the good guys win?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe-. Show The---Babe-'s posts

In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum?:

Granted, I may have a bit of a chip on my shoulder , but it's only                     because there are others who carry large blocks on thier's. There are a number of posters that seem to feel they have more of a right to post here and that the contents of their posts, whether baseball related or not, is somehow more acceptable than those of other "less desirable" posters.  

Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum? :   Granted, I may have a bit of a chip on my shoulder , but it's only                     because there are others who carry large blocks on thier's. There are a number of posters that seem to feel they have more of a right to post here and that the contents of their posts, whether baseball related or not, is somehow more acceptable than those of other "less desirable" posters.   Ding, ding, ding.....we have a winner!!!
    Posted by The---Babe-[/QUOTE]

Then again, some have justifiably earned their way to their infamous category; like Jacob Marley when he built his chain link-by-link   .... case in point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

All, but a few, who have posted in this thread, are not members of the private forum.  BDC suggested the private forum due to all the bad blood, infighting and thread bumping.  it's an alternative to this one, not either/or. presently, there are 96 members. dottie stated at the onset, the format eventually would mirror this one, upon completion of BDC updating the company software. it's servicable, but some have had difficulty posting, some can't at all. once it's more user friendly it may be more succcessful, it may not. for those who chose not to be members. why do you care?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe-. Show The---Babe-'s posts

[QUOTE]All, but a few, who have posted in this thread, are not members of the private forum.  BDC suggested the private forum due to all the bad blood, infighting and thread bumping.  it's an alternative to this one, not either/or. presently, there are 96 members. dottie stated at the onset, the format eventually would mirror this one, upon completion of BDC updating the company software. it's servicable, but some have had difficulty posting, some can't at all. once it's more user friendly it may be more succcessful, it may not. for those who chose not to be members. why do you care?

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Why do you care why he cares?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum? : The private forum, IMO, was created for Red Sox fans and their Yankee pals to hang out in. I feel sorry for the Sox fans that went there not even knowing who the Yankee fans were since they refuse to identify themselves (probably because they're too classy), and also the fact that they are a "group" together. Probably made it difficult for them to voice any opinion that wasn't agreed on by the "group". Must have been awful. Add to that the fact that, I believe the only posters viewed as "trouble makers" were Sox fans (maybe besides the obvious Babe). So, did it ever really make sense? Again, FTR, I never had any interest in the private forum. Maybe one day this Red Sox forum will become like any other team's forum where the fans of the team are not the targets of bannings and reportings by seemingly weak men who can't just debate them instead, and don't have to deal with posts from abusive rival team fans just because their long-time friends here never seem to find a problem with them.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I joined a private forum by invite only in 2006 and it was a huge mistake.  I was "suspended" twice for being critical of Epstein and Henry and I refused to back down.  It was a total waste of time since the founders/moderators of the groups had the 'it's my way or the highway attitude.' There was no way they would accept any disparaging comments about the Sox so finally after being accused of being Yankee fan I told them to f-off. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Private forum??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Having never taken part in the private forum, I have zero clue as to what took place and who participated. Why anyone gives a c rap is beyond me, no matter which side of the argument you are on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Ever Happened To The Private Forum? : The private forum, IMO, was created for Red Sox fans and their Yankee pals to hang out in. I feel sorry for the Sox fans that went there not even knowing who the Yankee fans were since they refuse to identify themselves (probably because they're too classy), and also the fact that they are a "group" together. Probably made it difficult for them to voice any opinion that wasn't agreed on by the "group". Must have been awful. Add to that the fact that, I believe the only posters viewed as "trouble makers" were Sox fans (maybe besides the obvious Babe). So, did it ever really make sense? Again, FTR, I never had any interest in the private forum. Maybe one day this Red Sox forum will become like any other team's forum where the fans of the team are not the targets of bannings and reportings by seemingly weak men who can't just debate them instead, and don't have to deal with posts from abusive rival team fans just because their long-time friends here never seem to find a problem with them.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim - do you think it is clear now? This is just for you, since you seem to be confused by who is who around here. No questions as to my allegience. I certainly don't want any unsuspecting member of RSN to think otherwise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's totally reasonable to be trumpeting it's failure.

There were MANY 'holier-than-thou' posters, often may just flooded an unpopular thread with childish nit-picking and a comlpete gang mentality.

On the other hand, however, I shudder to think of all those people returning here, polluting every thread with a bunch of hand holding, and ganging up on anyone who doesn't conform. I, personally, had many battles with such people. I am pleased to say it's been weeks since I've seen any posts resembling "who cares, you only have xx posts!"

And to those asking why anyone cares, how interesting that you, yourself, care to pipe up. Ah, what's a forum without a little hypocrisy though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]All, but a few, who have posted in this thread, are not members of the private forum.  BDC suggested the private forum due to all the bad blood, infighting and thread bumping.  it's an alternative to this one, not either/or. presently, there are 96 members. dottie stated at the onset, the format eventually would mirror this one, upon completion of BDC updating the company software. it's servicable, but some have had difficulty posting, some can't at all. once it's more user friendly it may be more succcessful, it may not. for those who chose not to be members. why do you care?
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

That's rich coming from you. I never joined the private group, and out of nowhere you accused me of being Pike because, I guess, Pike also never joined the private group. You wanted an explanation why I didn't join. I gave one, for the second time on the board since you claimed not to see my first post regarding the private forum. You responded to my post by addressing me as Pike, and claiming I was Pike. Pike was banned soon after, by you and your cohorts, and still I remained. And you never did apologize to me.

And if you're next question is going to be whether or not I know Pike, I've already answered that on the board. I don't know him. I never met him, and, certainly, I'm not him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Funny criticizing those in a group when you do the same exact thing you accuse them of. As one very inteligent poster stated, why do you give a c rap? One often wonders if people come here to really offer something about baseball or just to criticize what happens here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Funny criticizing those in a group when you do the same exact thing you accuse them of. As one very inteligent poster stated, why do you give a c rap? One often wonders if people come here to really offer something about baseball or just to criticize what happens here?
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

I didn't join, and I didn't care about the forum. I was attacked and accused of being another poster, by JBay, because I wouldn't join. That is pretty much explained in my post, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

so I have no idea what you're talking about.

no worries pike

a lot of us feel the same way after reading your stuff

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]so I have no idea what you're talking about. no worries pike a lot of us feel the same way after reading your stuff
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

You know whats really funny? The person you responded to always thinks that every comment is directed at he or she.  Very insecure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

thius thread should never die so that it can remind all those bootlicking bullies of their follies...sort of like me and my Pedroia prediction   Tongue out